Glasgow School for Business and Society: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Scotland’s largest business school- Glasgow School for Business and Society, was established in 2002 and was originally named Caledonian Business School. The school has two campuses in total including the main campus in Glasgow and another campus in London.
This business school offers a distinctive, contemporary curriculum which allows students to engage and network with industry and professional practice.
- GCU is among the top 10 schools in the UK due to its research impact in the area of social policy according to the results of the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF).
- The outstanding facilities provided by the college includes the “Heart of the campus” project which is a £30million redevelopment. The purpose built learning facilities such as the Media Studio, Moot Room and Law Clinic along with the Fashion factory offers opportunities to students for building legitimate professional relationships.
- Owing to the school’s vision of responsibility and sustainability, it became the first UK University to be a member of the United Nations Global Compact.
- Glasgow School for Business and Society houses international students from over 100 countries. The college has been awarded four-star ratings by QS star business schools for the quality of its programs and international benchmark for excellence.
- 95% of the GCU graduates have found work or are enrolled in a further programme of study within six months. The Graduate Immigration Route is a pathway for all international students to transit into working professionals after graduating from a UK-based institution.
Glasgow School for Business and Society Rankings
This school has been ranked by various agencies and has achieved the following positions:-
- Ranked 601 in the Times Higher Education list of World University Ranking, 2020
- Ranked 801 in the Top Universities list of QS World University Ranking, 2020
- Ranked 1063 in the U.S. News and World Report list of Best Global universities Ranking, 2020.
|No. of Campuses||2|
|No. of Departments||3|
|Admission Helpline||Telephone: +44 (0)141 331 8630|
|Mode of Program||Full time|
Glasgow School for Business and Society Campus
- The two campuses of this school includes the Glasgow campus and the London campus
- The school is currently working on the Heart of the Campus Project. It is a £30million project aiming to enrich student experience by the development of state of the art academic teaching and research spaces along with multiple inspiring social areas.
- This school is 10 miles away from the airport.It takes 30 minutes to reach the school from the airport, if the student is traveling by a taxi.
- The Sir Alex Ferguson Library present on campus allows students to browse through journals, research lists and helps students conduct reference work on subjects they need.
- Campus tours are postponed for the next few months due to the ongoing pandemic. However students may view the campus by the campus tour video provided on it’s official website
Glasgow School for Business and Society Residence
- The university provides on campus accommodation and these residential buildings are known as the Caledonian court.
- Students can also rent accommodations close to the university from private landlords in Glasgow.
- The Student Accommodation Office of this university helps students with finding a suitable accommodation during their study at the university.
- Students can apply for on campus accommodation at the “Caledonian Court Online” site.
Glasgow School for Business and Society Programs
- The Glasgow School of Business and society provides 35 Undergraduate courses including Accountancy; Business Management; Finance, Investment and Risk; International Business and Human Resources; International Marketing, etc.
- They offer 18 Postgraduate courses including Accounting, Finance and Regulation; Global Master of Business Administration; Human Resource Management; International Business Management, etc.
- 6 Part-time courses are offered including Doctor of Philosophy (Business Administration), Human Resources Management, Television Fiction Writing, Health History, International Economic and Social Justice, etc.
- Special online and Distance Learning courses are also provided by this school. The two courses available are International Banking, Finance and Risk Management, and Risk Management.
- They have a Learning Development Centre (LDC) which provides academic support to help their students maximize their potential in areas like academic writing, English and ICT skills.
Glasgow School for Business and Society Application Process
International students seeking admissions at this business school can follow the below-mentioned admission details:
Undergraduate Student Admissions
- Application portal: Students can apply for the course of their choice via the standard Glasgow Caledonian University application form or online via UCAS
- Application fee: 20 GBP (for a single choice) and 25 GBP (for more than two choices)
- Admission deadline: 30th June for international applicants
- Supporting Documents:
- Official transcripts of all qualifications achieved by the applicant
- Personal statement including:
- Relevant work experience or links of the applicant within the industry
- Personal goals of the applicant
- General information and the applicant’s interests
- Academic references
- Proof of English Language Proficiency by submitting IELTS or TOEFL scores. The minimum accepted TOEFL score is 78 and IELTS is 5.5.
- Employment history proof (if the applicant had worked for a paid full time or part time job in the past)
For some specific courses applicants may be required to:-
- Sit for an admission test
- Submit an art/design portfolio
- Come for an interview
- Provide proof of relevant work or voluntary experiences
Graduate Student Admissions
- Application portal: Online application form of GCU
- Supporting documents:
- Academic transcripts having details of all modules studied in the undergraduate level
- Personal statement
- Letters of reference
- Academic or professional achievement certificates
- Proof of English Language proficiency by submitting TOEFL and IELTS scores. The minimum accepted TOEFL score is 78 and IELTS is 5.5.
- Photocopy of passport’s identification pages (for international students)
- Application deadline: The deadlines for graduate programs vary by program
Glasgow School for Business and Society Cost of Attendance
The estimated cost of attendance for students depends on factors like accommodation, transport, meals, bank charges, etc. The estimated cost of living including the cost of accommodation on campus is 1,015 GBP per month.
The annual tuition fees 2020-21 for international students at various programs provided at the campus are mentioned below:
|Programs||Tuition Fees (in GBP)|
|BA (Hons) including International Business, Law, Fashion Design with Business *||12,250|
|Doctorate of Business Administration||15,500|
|MBA Global (Full-time)||14, 500|
|MSc International Banking, Finance and Risk Management||13,500|
|MSc International Operations and Supply Chain Management||13,500|
*Tuition fees for all BA Hons. courses are the same.
Financial aid for the international students
- The school offers a 1000 GBP guaranteed scholarship to eligible international students.
- Students can apply for multiple scholarships but only self funded students will be eligible for tuition fee scholarships.
- While filling up the application form, effort must be given by the students in describing why they need the scholarship and what difference it will be making to them.
- The applications must be submitted by the given deadline as late applications are not accepted by the school.
- Various types of financial aid are provided by this university:-
- Moffat Scholarship: Students who are studying in any one of the mentioned courses can apply for this scholarship and receive awards upto £3600.00 paid over 3 installments over the academic year :
- BA (Hons) International Business and Tourism Management
- BA (Hons) International Tourism and Events Management
- MSc International Tourism and Events Management
- New to GCU scholarship: This scholarship is available only to self funded, undergraduate, international students. The students can avail a total £4,000 on their tuition fee over the course of 4 years
- International Loyal Discount: This scholarship is available to self funded international students only. The undergraduate or graduate students need to complete at least one of these following conditions for availing the scholarship:
- The applicant must have completed a Foundation, Premasters or Pre-sessional course with INTO GCU
- A GCU summer school
- Exchange programme at GCU
- Undergraduate degree from GCU (Only for postgraduate students)
- Postgraduate ambassador studentship: Any international student is eligible for this scholarship if they can demonstrate how they have contributed to the “Common Good” and are starting their studies from September 2020 on any of the Master courses in this school. The students have to receive an offer from the school before applying to this scholarship. Students can avail a full tuition fee scholarship upto £15,000
- New to GCU scholarship: This scholarship (of upto £3,600 discount on tuition fees), is available for self funded international students only. Students will receive this discount as soon as they are offered a course in this school.
- Scotland’s Saltire Scholarship: This scholarship of up to £8,000 is available to students if they match the following requirements:
- Students coming from India, USA, Canada, Pakistan, China and Hong Kong.
- The students should be able to demonstrate that they can meet the cost of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Students who have not received this scholarship before
- Students meeting the language requirement of this course
- Students should not have previously studied any undergraduate degree in Scotland
- Early payment discount: International students will receive a discount of 5% on the fees (if over 5,000 GBP) and if the fees are paid in full prior to the teaching date.
Glasgow School for Business and Society Alumni
The university’s alumni benefits include:
- Exclusive discounts on products and services
- Loyalty scholarships
- Access to Arc Gym
- Theatre discounts
- Career services
- Access to the Sir Alex Ferguson Library
- Holiday discounts
- John McGlynn: Founder of leading companies like Scottish Capital, Storage Investments and Storage Vault
- Ruth Mcintyre: She is the Deputy Chief Executive at Aspire Housing and Personal Development Services
- Evelyn McDonald: CEO of Scottish Edge
- Jacqui Taylor: CEO of Lifelink
Glasgow School for Business and Society Placement
- GCU Career services help students with their career development and employability
- They also help students to build a concrete CV/Resume
- This service prepares students for the international job market
Due to the career focused programs, world class research facilities, innovative teaching strategies, convenient campus and award winning student support offered by the school, students will be having an overall memorable experience at this school.