Edinburgh Business School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Edinburgh Business School, United Kingdom started in October 1919. The university is located in Currie, UK. The Edinburgh Business School has over 200 academic and professional faculty members. There are 1044 undergraduates, 565 students in masters, 121 students doing PhD and 81 students enrolled in MBA at the Edinburgh Business School. 618 students are enrolled for master’s courses currently. They come from 83 countries.
|Type of University||Public|
|Year of Establishment||1919|
Edinburgh Business School Rankings
- In the list of 2020 QS world University rankings the Edinburgh Business School secures the rank of 20th.
- In 2019, the university was ranked 66th in Economist‘s ‘Which MBA’ list.
- It was ranked 37th back in 2018 for FT Finance MSc World Rankings.
- In the list of Top 100 MBA programmers’ in the world, Edinburgh Business School ranks 95.
Edinburgh Business School Campus
The campus is located in the natural beauty, historic and modern city of Scotland.
- Being the UK’s Leading Sports University, Edinburgh offers students with various sports activities.
- There are more than 290 societies and organizations and 60 sports clubs in universities such as Taekwondo, Archery, Trampolining, TedX, Tango, Zoological societies etc.
- There are beautiful café and lounge areas at campus providing hygienic food meals.
Residence Facilities at Edinburgh Business School
- All the students have the option to live on campus in Edinburgh housing option which is at walking distance from the centre of the city.
- Around 6500 students can live at campus resident halls of the Edinburgh Business School.
- All the residence campus has Wi-Fi access and internet facilities, all students are provided laundry services, contents insurance, and secured bike storage.
- There are various food meal facilities available for on campus residents.
- The university also helps students in arranging private rented accommodations outside the campus residence.
Programs offered at Edinburgh Business School
Edinburgh Business School University offers programs for postgraduates, undergraduates, PhD and various executive programs in business and management to the students belonging to more than 88 countries.
- At Edinburgh Business School, there are 2 MBA programs, 14 master and 21 undergraduate programs for students.21 undergraduate programs for students.
- The university offers students programs with joint degrees and International Business Programs.
- 14 master’s courses are offered by the university excluding MBA.
- The master’s courses are offered in fields like Accounting and Finance, Banking and Risk, Carbon Finance, Finance etc.
International students who want to seek admissions at Edinburgh Business School can follow the below-mentioned application details:
- The applicants have to apply to the university through the UCAS application.
- The application deadline for international applicants is 30 June 2021.
- The academic requirements for admission to undergraduate courses include secondary school transcripts.
- Personal statements and references are a necessary prerequisite.
- Some of the additional requirements include interview, portfolios, admissions tests like UCAT and prior work experience.
- Prerequisites for master’s programs include a UG degree. Relevant work experience might increase your chances of acceptance.
- International applicants will be required to prove their proficiency in English language by submitting their standardized test scores. The accepted scores are IELTS, TOEFL, PTE Academic, Trinity ISE, DET, LanguageCert International ESOL. The minimum requirements for master’s programs are tabulated below:
|CAE or CAE||185|
|Trinity ISE||ISE III|
Cost of Attendance
The estimated cost of attendance and tuition fee for undergraduate students are tabulated below:
|Undergraduate Tuition Fee- International Students||£20,950- £27,550|
|Rent||£135 per week|
|Utilities||£40 per week|
|Food||£70 per week|
|Books and Supplies||£20 per week|
|Travel||£15 per week|
|Personal expenses||£60 per week|
The estimated cost of attendance for MBA program are tabulated below:
|MBA Tuition- 1 year||£32,500|
|MBA Tuition- 1 Year with international exchange||£32,500|
|Elective textbook||£50 per book|
Scholarships & Financial Aid for International Students
The school offers many financial support to international students to afford study in the UK.
- Some of the scholarships for undergraduate international students are Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships, Robertson International Scholarships and Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies International Scholarship.
- There are 3 MBA Merit scholarships that are offered Full- time as well as Executive MBA students. The amount is £5,000. Some other MBA scholarships are MBA Diversity Scholarships, MBA Leadership Scholarships, Somewhere MBA LGBT+ Scholarship and The Victor H. Loewenstein Scholarship.
- Some of the scholarships for master’s courses include Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship and Edinburgh Global Online Learning Masters Scholarship.
The Edinburgh Business School has an alumni network of around 16,000 alumni.
- The alumni live in around 128 countries.
- Many benefits are offered to the alumni and various events are conducted by the school for them.
- They can access digital resources, online lectures, seminars, journals, etc.
- They can seek professional support in career development from the career development team of the university.
- Some other benefits include discount on tuition fee, membership of gym, library etc.
The Career Development Team of the university helps the students to find suitable jobs and internships.
- A series of sessions are conducted by the team to teach students about team working, networking, job search strategies, presentation skills etc.
- The students can also learn about making CV, LinkedIn profile, and seek career guidance from team members by booking a one- to- one session with them.
- You can access MyCareerHub for checking vacancies, news, events etc.