Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha (RSV) was established in 1961at Tirupati by the Ministry of Education, Government of India. The Government of India constituted an autonomous registered body called ‘Kendriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha Tirupati Society’ for the administration of the institution. The UGC has recognised this university as the Nodal Centre for Functional Sanskrit Course. The university campus is spread over in 42 acres in land. The Vidyapeetha was declared as a Deemed to be a University on the recommendations of the U.G.C.
- It is accredited by NAAC with A+ grade
- It is recognized by UGC
The Vidyapeetha has MOUs with the following institutes under SANSK-NET-
- International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
- Ahobila Mutt Sanskrit College (AMSC), Madhurantakam
- Poornaprajna Samshodhana Mandiram (PPSM), Bangalore
- Dr. Hari Singh Gaur University Saugar, Madhya Pradesh
- Chinmaya International Foundation (CIF) Cochin, Kerala
- Academy of Sanskrit Research (ASR), Melkote
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Bangalore
- Vaikhanasa Agama
- Sanskrit Science Exhibition
- Library has 85000 books and 5500 titles of papers
- OPAC facility is also provided to the users
- The vidyapeetha has seven hostels – 5 for boys and 2 for girls
- Accommodation around 1100 students
- It has indoor stadium with 16 stationed gym- table tennis courts, tennicoit court and thread mill etc.
- It has 6 acres land for outdoor games like cricket, football and volleyball etc.
- The Sansk-Net Lab and E-Studio where in the old Shastras and Rare Manuscripts of Sanskrit are keyed and Recording into electronic media
- Akhila Bharatiya Shastreeya Spardha-14
- 9th All India Sanskrit Student's Talent Festival -2015