Table of Contents
CSSET 2020 Registration, Dates, Admit Card, Pattern and Syllabus
CSSET 2020 or Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test is conducted for three Sanskrit deemed universities pan India. CSSET is a national level exam. This year the exam is expected to be held in the fourth week of May 2020 by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati.
|CSSET Admit Card||CSSET Syllabus|
- CSSET Application Form will be available from the second week of February in online mode.
- The application fee for the exam is expected to be INR 1000 this year.
- Before filling the application form candidates have to fulfil CSSET Eligibility Criteria.
- The test will be conducted in various exam centres across the country.
- CSSET Exam Pattern is divided into two parts – Part A and Part B. Part A is objective type with Multiple Choice Questions and consists of general awareness and teaching aptitude along with questions on Sanskrit language. Part B is subjective and tests candidates on the proficiency in English Language.
CSSET 2020 Highlights
|Exam name||Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test (CSSET 2020)|
|Courses offered||B. Ed (Sanskrit)|
|Qualification required||B. A Sanskrit with a minimum of 50%|
|Conducted for||3 Sanskrit deemed Universities|
|Official address||Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, Tirupati-517507|
The entrance test is conducted to offer seats in three Sanskrit deemed universities. It is conducted once in a year. It is the gateway for students who want to teach Sanskrit in schools. The universities that offer admissions on the basis of CSSET 2020 are
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan - New Delhi,
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth – Tirupati
- Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi.
The availability of seats in the above-mentioned institutions is as follows:
|CSSET 2020 (Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test)||Seats|
|Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan New Delhi||700|
|Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth Tirupati||100|
|Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya|
Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi
CSSET 2020 Important Dates
CSSET 2020 enables the candidates to seek admissions in various associated universities across India in B.Ed. program. Candidates must consider the dates related to the CSSET 2020 to apply for the examination successfully. The important dates related to CSSET 2020 are mentioned below:
|Availability of CSSET Application Form||2nd week of February 2020|
|Last Date of Submission of CSSET Application Form||2nd week of March 2020|
|Availability of CSSET Admit Card||4th week of April 2020|
|CSSET 2020 Exam Date||2nd week of May 2020|
|Declaration of CSSET 2020 Result||2nd week of June 2020|
|CSSET 2020 Counselling Process||4th week of July 2020|
CSSET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for CSSET 2020, candidates must check the eligibility criteria, before applying, set by the conducting institution and the participating colleges. Eligibility criteria is basically the minimum qualifications candidates must have in order to write CSSET 2020 entrance and subsequently be admitted to B. Ed (Sanskrit) course based on their merit in the examination.
The eligibility criteria for CSSET 2020 is as follows:
- Candidates must have passed Shastri/ B.A Sanskrit or equivalent 10+2+3 with minimum 50% marks
- Candidates must have passed two years Shastri/ B.A Sanskrit or equivalent with minimum 50% marks
- Passed in 1-year ridge course/ Setu or one year of Acharya / MA Sanskrit
- Candidates must have passed Acharya / MA Sanskrit / equivalent
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination can also apply
- Age limit is 20 years as on October 1, 2020
Below is the step-by-step guide for CAT Registration:
- Visit the official website of CAT 2020.
- On the right side of the window, you will find a “Register Now” link. Click on the link and you will be redirected to CAT Application Form window.
- It is important to provide all the details correctly as the information entered at this stage can not be edited at a later stage. The details required are: Name of Candidate, Date of Birth, Email Address and Mobile Number.
- Enter the captcha code correctly. Captcha is a security feature to ensure that the form is filled by a human and not a computer program. If the captcha code is not clear, click on “Get a New Image” link.
- Now, click on “I Agree” button in the declaration box. It is compulsory as, without the declaration, the form will not be submitted.
- Click on “Submit” button at the end of the form.
After successful completion of registration, you will shortly receive your login id on the email id provided. The corresponding password will be communicated through SMS at the registered number. The SMS will have LM-IIMCAT as the sender. It is advised to keep the login id and password safe for the future use.
CSSET 2020 Reservations
As per government norms, there is reservation in the number of seats offered by each institute. Candidates can look at the table below to check the reservation criteria:
|Categories||Reservation (in %)|
|Other Backward Classes||27%|
|Persons with Disability||3%|
CSSET 2020 Application Form
The application form of CSSET 2020 will be available from the second week of February 2020. Below is a step-wise guide to fill the application form:
Step1: Obtaining the Application Form
- The combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test form can be obtained online. Candidates seeking the form online should visit the CSSET website slbsrsv.ac.in.
- Candidates will have to enter a name, date of birth and mobile number/email id in order to get the user id and password required to log in for the application form.
- The next step is logging-in using the user id and password to fill the application form.
Step 2: Filling in the Application Form
- After obtaining the application form, applicants must give it a thorough read in order to correctly fill all required personal and educational details.
- There is a declaration and a CSSET 2020 Identity Card attached with CSSET 2020 Application form.
- The candidates have to upload one photograph which will be used for both application form and admit card. The details to be filled in the application form are:
|1.||Course Applied||Mention the course they are applying for i.e. B.Ed|
|2.||Name of Candidate||Enter the full name in maximum 50 characters in capital letters|
|3.||Gender||Code Number 11 for Female Candidates|
|Code Number 12 for Male Candidates|
|Code Number 13 for Other Gender Candidates|
|4.||Father’s Name||Enter Father’s Name of the Candidate in not more than 25 characters|
|5.||Mother’s Name||Enter Candidate’s Mother’s Name in a maximum of 25 characters correctly.|
|6.||Date of Birth||Mention the Date of Birth in the format Day/Month/Year along with the age of candidate as on October 01, 2020|
|7.||Educational Stream||Code No. 14 (Traditional Stream), if the candidate has passed Shastri course/studying in the final year or has passed B.A. /M.A. (Sanskrit) but is studying in Acharya II year/has passed Acharya.|
|Code No. 15 (Modern Stream), if the candidate has passed B.A. (Sanskrit)/ M.A. (Sanskrit) or is studying in B.A. final (Skt.)/M.A. final (Skt.)|
|8.||Correspondence Address||Enter the address in English capital letters with Pin Code, Landline Number with STD Code and Mobile Number|
|9.||Mark of Identification||Mention the identification mark|
|10.||Educational Qualification||High School- Year of Passing, Name of Board/University, Total Marks, Marks obtained by Candidates and Percentage obtained|
|Intermediate- Year of Passing, Name of Board/University, Total Marks, Marks obtained by Candidates and Percentage obtained|
|Shastri/B.A (Skt.)- Year of Passing, Name of Board/University, Total Marks, Marks obtained by Candidates and Percentage obtained|
|Acharya/ M.A (Skt.)- Year of Passing, Name of Board/University, Total Marks, Marks obtained by Candidates and Percentage obtained|
|Any other Qualification|
|11.||Reserved Category||Scheduled Caste-105|
|Dependents of dead/wounded in war-109|
|Sportsmen (for participation at national-international level competitions) -110|
|12.||Code of university (Preference wise)||Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati-100 Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi-101 Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, New Delhi-102|
|13.||Name of Vidyapeetha/Campus from where Shastri/Acharya studied||Code and Name of the Campus must be entered. This information is mandatory for Internal Candidates only.|
|14.||Code of Sansthan Campus (choice of admission)||Mention the Code and Campus|
|15.||Catchment Area||Mention code and campus name (mandatory information for Sansthan Candidates only)|
|16.||Residential State||Mention code and name of state|
|17.||Choice of CSSET 2020 Exam Centre||Enter code and place of the examination centre|
|18.||Enclosures sent||Mark the choice of the documents sent along with the CSSET 2020 Application Form|
Step 3: Payment of fee
The payment of application fee can be done through online mode only. The online application fee is INR 1000. Remittance of application fee will be through online mode using credit card/ debit card or bank challan only. After filling the online application form, candidates will be redirected to the payment gateway. Enter required details such as Card number, Name on the card, CVV, etc. remit the application form and take its print-out for future reference.
Exam Center for CSSET 2020
CSSET examination centre will be allotted to the candidate on the basis of preference filled by the applicant in the application form. So, fill in the centre code along with the associated CSSET exam centre carefully. Once CSSET exam centre has been allocated it cannot be changed.
CSSET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download the admit card from the official website by mid-April, 2020. Candidates will have to enter their application number in order to download the admit card.
The admit card for CSSET 2020 entrance exam will enlist details such as:
- Applicants’ name
- Roll number
- Test date and time
- The venue of the entrance exam, etc.
The candidates will need to carry the admit cards to the test centre to appear in the entrance exam. The admit card should be kept safe by candidates even after the exam has been concluded as they will be required to produce the admit card for the counselling process.
CSSET 2020 Exam Pattern
CSSET 2020 is divided into two sections – Part A and Part B
Part A will be in the form of a booklet and contains 4 sections
Total time duration of the exams is 2 hours 30 minutes.
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||2 (Part A and Part B)|
Part A has multiple choice questions for sections as given under:
|Proficiency in Sanskrit Language||40|
Candidates will be given two hours to finish Part A.
Part B will be of subjective type for testing Sanskrit language writing skill. The test will be of thirty minutes.
This test comprises of subjective type questions for below given sections:
|Linguistic Components of Sanskrit||10|
CSSET 2020 Syllabus and Recommended Books
There is no prescribed syllabus but as this is a teaching course, candidates should revise their qualifying exam course material and brush up on basic concepts.
Apart from that, below is a topic-wise list that candidates should focus on,
- Knowledge of Sanskrit Linguistic Components
- Creative Writing
- Teaching Aptitude
- Sanskrit Literature
- Proficiency in Sanskrit
- General Knowledge and Mental Ability.
Some of the books that have proved helpful in preparation over time are:
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher||ISBN|
Shikshak Patra Pariksha Sanskrit
|Rajasthan P.S.C. Adhyapak Sanskrit|
|Rajasthan Adhyapak Sanskrit Pariksha||Upkar Prakashan||817482779X|
CSSET 2020 Result
Result for CSSET 2020 will be declared by all the three universities along with merit list. The intimation for admission to the selected candidates will be communicated through the website of the three universities. The result will be available on June 10, 2020.
Steps to download the result
- Candidates can check their results online on the official site for CSSET 2020
- Open the website and click on the link that reads CSSET 2020 Results
- Enter registered enrollment number in the window that appears
- Press submit, the result will be displayed
- Result window will show the marks obtained in the entrance exam along with merit position in the qualifying entrance exam.
CSSET 2020 Cut Off
CSSET 2020 Cut Off is the minimum rank a candidate needs to score to be eligible for admission to B. Ed seats. The cut off varies from institute to institute. The cut-off will also depend on the course and the category of the students who have been shortlisted on the basis CSSET ranks.
Please note that simply meeting the cut off is no guarantee of admission as the candidate has to meet other eligibility criteria that may be prescribed by the institute.
The cut off for CSSET 2020 is not fixed and may vary from previous years. It depends on the following factors:
- Seats available in the course for which admission is sought
- The difficulty level if the entrance exam
- The cut-off trends of previous years
- Perform in the entrance exam (if the number of candidates do well in the exam, it will push the cutoff rank higher and vice versa)
CSSET 2020 Counselling
Aspirants who will cross the cut off marks will be listed in CSSET 2020 Merit List. The Merit List will be prepared based on the marks scored in accordance with their ranks. Highest scorer will get rank 1 in the merit list and the candidate with marks equal to the cut off will be placed at the bottom of the list.
Candidates will be called for counselling and seat allotment on the basis of CSSET 2020 Merit List. No separate letters will be issued. The counselling is tentatively scheduled for the last week of June/first week of July 2020. Candidates will have to check the website for the counseling schedule.
CSSET 2020 Counselling will be conducted in all the three centres. The qualified candidates need to appear in person for counselling and will be required to produce the below-mentioned documents for verification.
Documents Required for CSSET 2020 Counselling
- Permanent Residence of Tripura Certificate (PRTC)
- Admit Card CSSET 2020
- Mark Sheet of Class XII
- Attested copies of mark sheet of Class XII has to be submitted
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Qualifying exam degree/mark sheet
- Scorecard CSSET 2020
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College