The Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalay (IKSVV) is the oldest university and inaugurated by Late Priya Darshani Indira Gandhi, who later became the Prime Minister of India. Students and Scholars of Music, Musicians, Musicologists, Art Critics, music Promoters and Actor/Actress make their presence in the campus to acquit the latest and the best in Indian Classical Music, Indian Classical Dance, Visual Arts, Literature and Theatre. The objectives of the University is to provide instructions in all branches of Music and Fine Arts, to make provisions for research and advancement of studies in Music and Fine Arts and dissemination of knowledge thereof.
Fact and Figure of Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya (IKSVV)-
University Grant Commission (UGC)
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with ‘A’ Grade
Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
Painting Picture Plates
Art Exhibition Catalogues
Nearby Railway Stations
Why to join the Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya-
- The university has a listening room and provides regular listening facility to the students and researchers. Audio-visual materials play vital role in the field of Performing and Visual arts.
- It is the only University of Music, Dance & Visual Arts that has country wide affiliation.
- Any scholar from any part of country can get registered on any research topic subject to the approval of the Academic council of the University.
- Students are given chances to improve their Art Form and Personality through participation in various programmes.
- A musical evening ‘Shruti Mandal’ is organized once in a week. Students of different courses of Music & Dance are given chance to exhibit their skill on the stage.