Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalay (IKSVV) is one of the oldest music university, established in the year 1956. The institution was inaugurated by Late Priya Darshani and Indira Gandhi. Scholars of Music, Musicians, Musicologists, and a number of notable personalities mark their presence in the campus, acquitting the latest and the best in Indian Classical Music. The objectives of the University is to provide instructions in all branches of Music and Fine Arts, helping in the dissemination of music throughout the country.
IKSVV is recognized by the University Grants Commission(UGC) and accredited with ‘A’ certificate from NAAC.
The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and doctoral programs, majoring in different fields of music. Admission to these courses is done on the basis of merit along with entrance examinations conducted by the university.
Check Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalay, Admission Procedure
Fact and Figures of Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya (IKSVV)
|Recognized By||University Grant Commission (UGC)|
|Accredited By||National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with ‘A’ Grade|
|Member of||Association of Indian Universities (AIU)|
|Painting Picture Plates||300|
|Art Exhibition Catalogues||690|
Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya Courses Offered
|Communicative English||-||M.F.A Graphics||-|
Bachelors' in performing arts is a 4-year undergraduate program, providing excellence in the field of music. The course is spanned across 8 semesters, moduled on knowledge about different musical instruments.
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2 from any recognized institution or equivalent
It is a 2-year postgraduate program, focused upon the application usage of different disciplines in music. The course offers a number of specializations like Bharatnatyam, Odissi, Folk music, etc.
Eligibility Criteria: B.F.A from any government recognized university/institution.
M.Phil(Vocal / Sitar / Sarod / Violin / Tabla /Kathak)
M.Phil is a 1-year full-time program, based on providing specialization in specified fields. The program is canvassed in providing practical training through research methodologies.
Eligibility Criteria: Postgraduation in offered subjects, with a minimum of 50% marks from any government recognized institution.
Why join the Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya-
- The university has a listening room and provides a regular listening facility to the students and researchers. Audio-visual materials play a vital role in the field of Performing and Visual arts.
- It is the only University of Music, Dance & Visual Arts that has a countrywide affiliation.
- Any scholar from any part of the country can get registered on any research topic subject to the approval of the Academic Council of the University.
- Students are given chances to improve their Art Form and Personality through participation in various programs.
- A musical evening ‘Shruti Mandal’ is organized once in a week. Students of different courses of Music & Dance are given a chance to exhibit their skill on the stage.