South Asian University - [SAU] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
South Asian University (SAU), New Delhi was established in 2010. It is an international university established by the eight-member nations of South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation (SAARC) viz. Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The University has been affiliated by University Grants Commission (UGC) for its programs. It aims to provide liberal and humane education to the brightest and the most dedicated students of South Asia so that a new class of quality leadership is nurtured. The university offers post-graduate and doctoral programs in various disciplines. The University is currently functioning from Akbar Bhawan Campus in Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
South Asian University Courses
The University attracts students from all member nations and its degrees are recognized by all the eight SAARC countries. Following are the courses offered by the University:
M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics)
MA (Development Economics)
Life Sciences & Biotechnology
Read more SAU Fee
South Asian University Admission
The University conducts entrance exam for admissions to all of its courses offered. Also, the University has reservations for students from SAARC Countries. Below mentioned are the details:
OVERALL SEAT QUOTA
Countries outside SAARC
Check SAU Admissions
South Asian University Facilities
- Library: The current library spreads over a total area of 4500 sq. ft. The library has texts and reference books covering different subjects including Computer Science, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Sociology, Economics, Law and International Relations. There are about 14,500 volumes of books available at the library with a seating capacity of 100 users. SAU Library is a member of INFLBNET (Information and Library Network) and INDEST (Indian National Digital Library in Engineering Sciences and Technology)
- Hostels: Shared hostel accommodation is provided to those students who join the University from outside Delhi. The hostels have currently three floors which house about 65 girls and 190 boys.
- Medical Facilities: All admitted students are covered under the Medical Group Insurance Scheme up to INR 1,50,000 for which full premium is paid by the University. In addition, the University has its own Health Centre where limited OPD facilities are available.
South Asian University Scholarships
SAU is committed to awarding financial aid to the needy and deserving students. The following scholarships are available to students admitted in the University:
- President’s Scholarships (For MA/M.Sc. and LLM students only)- Two scholarships are offered for each academic program: one to the student scoring the highest marks in the Entrance Test in the Indian list and the other to the student scoring the highest marks in the non-Indian list (South Asian countries other than India) who finally joins the University. The scholarship is offered for two years and will be renewed in the second year subject to satisfactory performance in the first year.
- SAARC India Silver Jubilee Scholarships for Masters and PhD Programs: It is instituted by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Government of India, are offered for Master’s and Doctoral level studies to meritorious students coming from one of the following lists of eligible countries specified by the MEA: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, and Nepal. MEA has made available 75 SJS scholarships for Masters level students to SAU. The MEA has laid down detailed criteria regarding the award of these scholarships. SJS scholarships are awarded based on merit
- SAU Merit Scholarships (For MA/MSc and LLM students only): Two SAU Merit scholarships are available in each academic program and shall be awarded as per the following criteria:
- Indian: Based on the entrance test, from the merit list the top two students will be awarded SAU merit scholarships, which excludes President scholarship holder.
- Non-Indian: Based on the entrance test, from the merit list the top two students will be awarded SAU merit scholarships, which excludes the holders of President and any SJS scholarships, who finally join the University.
Also, Check SAU Scholarships