Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University erstwhile known as Bhavnagar University, is a State University, recognized by UGC, established in 1978 by the State of Gujarat and sprawling in the vast 269 acres of land and spread over 3 locations, located in Bhavnagar city in the western province of Gujarat, India. It is accredited by NAAC, New Delhi. The University is a member of The Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The university gives teaching and research programs in Arts, Science, Commerce, Engineering, Management, Rural Studies, Medicine and Law Faculties. It has 20 PG departments and four recognized institutes and research centers respectively. The university provides many UG, PG, PhD and Post Graduate Diploma courses in various disciplines and its specializations.
MK Bhavnagar University Highlights
Type of college
Approval & Accreditations
Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
NAAC, New Delhi
- 21 Departments
- 4 recognized institutes
- 114 affiliated colleges
- 55 Courses
Gaurishanker Lake Road, Bhavnagar – 364001, Gujarat, India.
MK Bhavnagar University Courses
Under Bhavnagar University Admissions 2019, the university provides 55 UG, PG, PhD and PG Diploma Courses under 4 recognized institutes and 114 affiliated colleges under many faculties such as Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Commerce, Faculty of Management, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Rural, Faculty of Homeopathy, and Faculty of Dental. The University is an institute of international recognition, has been offering educational and developmental, training, faculty enrichment, and social awareness programs. Its land-estate area is 198 acres. The University has three constituent Colleges since its inception. The Samaldas Arts College in more than 120 years old, Sir P.P. Institute of Science and the M. J. College of Commerce is providing UG in Commerce and Business Administration.
- Center of Excellence in Nano-technology
- State Level Nano-technology Research Center
- Ocean Science and Technology Cell for Western Coast
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell
- University-Industry Linkage Cell
- Corporate Services and
- Gandhian Study Center
Research works are practiced in genres like:
- Marine Ecology
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Management & Entrepreneurship
Click here to know more about MK Bhavnagar University Fee Structure.
Bhavnagar University External Department
The External Department of the university helps various individuals of the working or non-working sectors to gain degrees in numerous disciplines in more than 100 affiliated colleges of the university by offering distinguished degrees in distance learning format.
Bhavnagar University Hall Ticket 2019
The university follows a semester-based examination system. The current students of the university can easily download the MK Bhavnagar University Hall Ticket 2019, by simply visiting through the official website of the university.
Bhavnagar University Syllabus
One can easily find one's syllabus within a curriculum either for a new student or a current student of the university by surfing through the official website of the university in Students tab.
MK Bhavnagar University Extra-Curricular Activities:-
- Blood donation
- Leadership camps
- Save the Girl child campaign
- Watershed programs
- AIDS Awareness programs
- Literacy Mission
- Social Awareness Programs & Plays
- Industrial tours
- Republic Day camps
- Vaccination campaigns and
- Environmental Awareness Camps.
Many awards have also been won by the university students at the national and international level for various extracurricular activities like:
- Folk Dance
- Youth Exchange Program
- Drama and so on.
MK Bhavnagar University Facilities:-
There is a huge collection of books of more than 1,26,500, 1,500 Thesis, many Periodicals (Indian: 205, Foreign: 32, Total: 237), 11 newspapers, 14,000 Bound Volumes and 2,200 CD/DVD.
The presence of a computer center gives the students ample facilities to avail modern techniques to make them fully prepared for everything.
- It was established in the year 1990 and from then it has been working in the university
- The computer center gives services to the admin. department for their accounting, salary, cash counter, results in processing, and application downloads etc. works.
- A total of 25 computers, 2 line printers, 2 laser printers and1 scanner are there in the computer center.
- Desert Safari is an exciting sporting event being held at the university every year
- Inter-University Yoga Competition
- Men and Women specific events
- Many students have even won awards in sports like table tennis, basketball etc. at national and international platforms.
- Hostel for both girls and boys
- Laboratories for various practical oriented courses
- Hi-tech classrooms
- Activities of various kinds
- Internet Access
- Facilities are given for doctoral courses and other related research practices
Faculty Recognition – Academic Awards:
- Commonwealth Fellowship
- STINT Visiting Fellowship from Sweden
- Canadian Fellowship
- Netherlands Fellowship
- Hungarian Fellowship
- Ford Foundation’s Asia Fellows Award
- CSIR Emeritus Scientist
- Ramanna Fellowship
- UGC Career Awards for Young Scientists
- INSA Visiting Fellow and
- Vikram Sarabhai Award
Student’s Recognition – Academic Awards:
- Vikram Sarabhai Award
- Best Research Paper Awards
- UGC-JRF and CSIR-JRF
- Students Recognition at National and International Level