Gujarat Vidyapith University was founded by Mahatma Gandhi in 1920. It has been a deemed university since 1963. It is located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Gujarat Vidyapith is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for higher education programs. GVP is located on the Ashram road, Ahmedabad. GVP has been approved by AICTE. It was started as Rashtriya Vidyapith (National Institute of University Education) and was the wake of the Non-cooperative Movement. GVP has been accredited by NAAC.
GVP provides education from Nursery & Basic Schools to Higher Secondary and from Bachelors to Master, M. Phil. & Doctorate level degree in various disciplines. GVP is affiliated to Hindi Teacher’s Training College.
The education system of GVP includes regular participation in community work, residential life, social service, simple living, study tours and field studies, Hand spinning and training in Craft Work. Six primary schools and high schools are being run by GVP for the propagation of Buniyadi Education.
Read: GVP Admissions 2019
Ashram road, Ahmedabad
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Hindi Teacher’s Training College
Various undergraduate courses are offered at GVP-
- B.A.(HIstory, Hindi, Gujarati, English, Microbiology,Economics,Sociology)
- B.Voc- Food Process Technology
- B.Voc.- Fashion Designing and Apparel Science
- B.Sc. Microbiology
- Bachelor of Rural studies(B.R.S.)
- Bachelor in physical education and Sports (BPES)
Eligibility for these courses is 12th Standard.
- B.Ed(Maths, Science, English, Sanskrit, Gujarati, Social Science, Primary Education)
- B.Ed(Hindi) NCTE approved
- Bachelor in Physical Education(B.P.ed.)
Eligibility for these courses is the passing of Graduation.
Master of Education (M.Ed.)
Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed.)
Master of Physical Education and Sports(M.P.E.S)
M.C.A. (Master in Computer Application)
M.A. (Gujarati, Hindi, English, Economics, History, Sociology, Gandhian Thoughts, Journalism and Mass Communication, Jain Study, Human Resource Development,Yoga)
M.Sc. in Microbiology
Graduation in Microbiology
M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences and Technology
MBA in Rural Management
Bachelor degree in any discipline
M.Phil and Ph.D.
M. Phil and Ph.D. is offered in various subjects such as Education, Gujarati, Hindi, Economics, History, Sociology, Computer Science, Gandhian Thoughts, Microbiology, Rural Management, Physical Education, Social work, Library and Information Science, etc.
Read: GVP Courses and Fee
- Library The Central at GVP Library has flourished over the years to become one of the biggest libraries in Gujarat with 654212 books, 216 journals, 31 newspapers and 691 manuscripts.
- Health Centre
- Faculty The faculty at GVP is highly qualified and reputed. They provide the students the right guidance and support.
Read: GVP Faculty
- Hostel Facilities