Saurashtra University, Rajkot was established on 23rd May 1967 with the aim to achieve excellence in teaching and research and to empower students. The University has given affiliation to 297 colleges and is considered amongst the top 50 Universities in India by NIRF. The University offers diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D. and M.Phil courses in the field of Science, Commerce, and Arts. Admission to the courses at Saurashtra University is done on merit basis, entrance exam and personal interviews.
Saurashtra University Highlights
|Entrance Exam||University-level: Saurashtra Written Test|
National: NEET UG, NEET PG, GCET
|Types of Programs | No. of Programs||UG & PG Degrees and Diplomas, M.Phil and Ph.D. | 50+|
|Mode of Registration||Online and Offline|
Saurashtra University Courses
Saurashtra University provides various UG & PG Courses. it also provides diploma and certificate programs. The following table shows the name of programs provided by the university:
|B.Pharm||MBA||Computer||Botany and Zoology||Electronics|
|B.Lib.I.Sc.||M.Sc. and M.Pharm||Learning and Teaching||Education and Social Work||Human Rights Law|
|B.Sc. + M.Sc.||M.Lib.I.Sc||Dialysis Technique||Economics||Physics and Pharmacy|
|BSW and B.P.A||M.Com||Jainology||Gujarati||English and Psychology|
|B.A. (General/ Hons)||M.Ed||Research Methodology||Physics||Mathematics|
|L.L.B||MSW||PG Diploma in Microbiology and Clinical Research||Commerce||Commerce and Statistics|
|B.Com||MCA||Computer Hardware and Networking||Business Management||Social Work|
|B.Voc||L.L.B||Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law||Sociology||Biochemistry|
|B.Tech||MS and MD||Banking and Foreign Law||Biochemistry|
Eligibility for the courses mentioned above:
- Candidates seeking admission to UG programs must have occupied at least 50% of marks in Intermediate(10+2) with concerned subjects from a recognized board.
- PG aspirants must be graduate with at least 55% of marks
- M.Phil or Ph.D. applicants must be postgraduate in concerned subjects with at least 55% and a valid score in GATE/ NET
Check: Saurashtra University Courses and Fee
Saurashtra University Admission
Saurashtra University offers admission in various UG & PG courses in the departments of Science, Management, Arts & Commerce. These courses are offered in affiliated colleges & University departments.
Selection procedure of UG programs
- Admission to B.Tech, B.Pharm, B.Sc Integrated, and B.Voc is based on qualifying marks in the entrance exam conducted by the university.
- B.Lib.I.Sc., B.Ed. and other UG admissions are done on the basis of merit system (marks in the qualifying 10+2 examination.
Selection procedure of PG and Research programs
- Admission to M.Sc., M.P.Ed., LLM, M.Phil, and Ph.D. is done on qualifying marks in the entrance exam
- MA, MSW,,MJMC, M.Com. and M.Lib.I.Sc. admissions are done on the merit basis.
- M.Pharm., MPT, MS, and MD admissions are done on the basis of NEET results and cutoff
- MCA admissions are done on the basis of qualifying marks in GCET
Note: Admission to PG Diploma in the science field is done on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam whereas other PG Diploma programs are done on the basis of the merit system.
Also, Check: Saurashtra University Admission
Saurashtra University Result
In order to check the Saurashtra University results, students have to visit the result portal. This portal is specially designed to provide all internal & external examinations result in details of the university. Students need to follow the mentioned steps to download the result:
Step 1: Visit the home page of Saurashtra University.
Step 2: Navigate to the ‘Examination & Results’ section & click on the ‘Exam Result’ tab.
Step 3: You will be redirected to the ‘Result portal’ of Saurashtra University.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Student gateway’ followed by course name, year & month.
Step 5: Now click on ‘Go’ & enter your roll number.
Step 6: Save & download the scorecard for future reference.
Note: The latest result updates include results for repeaters (supplementary paper) also.
Check: Saurashtra University Results
Saurashtra University Departments
The university offers an ample number of courses in a total of 29 departments-
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Biosciences
- Department of Business Management
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Economics
- Department of Education
- Department of Electronics
- Department of English
- Department of Gujarati
- Department of Hindi
- Department of History
- Department of Home Science
- Department of Rights & IHL
- Department of Journalism
- Department of Law
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Nano Science
- Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Physical education
- Department of Physics
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Statistics
Saurashtra University Facilities
- Total no. of books of all subjects is 195143
- 1000000 e-book titles and 7000 journals available
- Two hostels in the campus
- One hostel 6 room single accommodation
- And another has 48 rooms single accommodation
- All indoor and outdoor games facilities are provided