Uka Tarsadia University, popularly known as UTU, was established under Gujarat Private University(Amendment) Act No. 25 - 2011 Government of Gujarat and approved under section 22 of UGC Act 1956, by the Bardoli Pradesh Kelavani Mandal financially led by B.U Patel. UTU is a non-affiliating and multi campus university with academic autonomy given to its constituent institutions.
Type of University
AICTE, PCI, COA, INC, GNC
NATA, CMAT, GPAT
No of institutes
Available (boys and girls)
To know more about Hostel
UTU Admissions and Courses
Uka Tarsadiya University offers a plethora of courses in all fields and at all levels. The university offers a plenty of Undergraduate programmes, post graduate programmes, integrated programmes, Ph.D. programmes, Diploma programmes, Certificate programmes. UTU fee Structure for all category students is the same.
UTU Undergraduate programmes
- UTU offers 16 undergraduate programmes.
- These are B.B.A, B.C.A, B.C.A(Hons.), B.Com(CA),B.Pharmacy,B.Tech, Diploma degree, B.Sc. ,Pharm.D, Bachelor of optometry, B.P.Ed , GNM, B.P.T, B.Arch., B.I.D , and Bachelor of Fashion design and Technology.
- Out of these 16 courses, B-Tech comes with 9 specializations, Diploma to degrees are available in 8 specializations, and B.Sc. is offered in 3 specializations.
- Students who have passed class 12th from commerce, science, art or other vocational streams are eligible for the relevant UTU admissions.
UTU Post Graduate Programme
- UTU offers 8 Masters programme. These are M.Pharm, M.tech, M.Sc, Masters in nursing, M.C.A, M.B.A, MCA, and Masters in Commerce.
- Out of these courses, M.Pharm comes with 3 specializations, M.Tech is offered in 10 specializations, M.Sc is available in 12 specializations and Maters in nursing comes with 5 specializations.
- To apply for UTU Post graduate programme, students need to have passed a bachelor’s degree in the relevant programme.
- Besides a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy, Mathematics or statistics in case of Pharmacy and M.C.A respectively, students need to score good in GPAT, CMAT or CAT to get admission in M.Pharm, M.C.A and M.B.A.
Following pie chart shows details about the number of students intake in each of these courses.
UTU Integrated programme
- UTU offers 11 integrated programmes.
- These are M.Sc(Physics), M.Sc(Mathematics), M.Sc(Chemistry), M.Sc(Biotechnology), M.Sc(Microbiology), M.Sc(Stats), Integrated M.B.A, Integrated M.C.A, 5 year Integrated( Information Technology), Integrated M.Com.
UTU Ph.D. Programme
- UTU offers Ph.D. programme in 7 departments.
- These are Management, Engineering, Pharmacy,Applied Sciences, Computer Science, Commerce, Nursing, Humanities, and Research Methodology.
- Out of these programmes, Engineering, Pharmacy and applied science programmes are offered in 4 specializations each.
UTU Diploma Programmes
- UTU offers diploma programme in 7 departments.
- These are Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Information Technology Engineering, and Environmental Engineering.
- Students who have passed 10th/12th in science stream are eligible for most of the diploma programmes.
UTU Certificate Programmes
UTU offers 2 certificate programmes. These are the following:
- Certificate course in SPSS
- Certificate course in Business Analytics
- UTU has a very dedicated and active placement and training cell led by Dr. Sanjay Buch.
- A number of placement drives are organized every year to give students a plethora of opportunities
- Some of the placement drives that were a part of UTU placements were organized by Maruti Suzuki private ltd. , SM Techno, DCB Bank, Secure Metasys etc
Following graph shows the placement package details of one of the colleges of UTU:
UTU offers a number of scholarships to help bright students to pursue their higher education at the institute. UTU Scholarships include the following:
- Shri B.U Patel Research scheme to help Doctoral Students in their research.
- UTU Research promotion grant to encourage young researchers.
- Shri B.U Patel Scholarship to help undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- UTU alumni Association Scholarship.
- Diwalibaa Scholarship.