Amity University is a private university located in Gurgaon, Haryana and was established in the year 2010. The institute is approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and The University Grants Commission of India (UGC). Amity University is also accredited by Bar Council of India (BCI) and Council of Architecture. The Institute offers various UG, Integrated, PG, Diploma, PG Diploma, M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses. Admissions to most of the courses will be done on basis of Entrance Exams conducted by the University whereas for few of them, scores obtained in External Entrance Exams will be considered.
Get information about Amity University Courses & Fees structure.
Check Amity University Admission Procedure.
Amity University, Gurgaon Highlights
RCI - Rehabilitation Council of India
INC - Indian Nursing Council
Volumes 20,000 +
Titles 10,000 +
National & International Journals 100 +
2100 Intake Capacity
How to Reach
32.5 kms (from IFFCO Metro Station, Gurgaon)
30 kms (from Gurgaon Bus Stand)
31.6 kms (from Gurgaon Railway Station)
42.2 kms (from IGI International Airport, Delhi)
Amity University, Gurgaon Courses and Admission
Amity University UG, Integrated and Diploma courses Admission
Admission to UG and Integrated programs are done on the basis of marks acquired by a candidate in 10+2 (relevant stream) or equivalent.
- CBSE or equivalent – Minimum required marks (for BA, BCA, B.Des. (Fashion Design), Bachelor of Fine Arts, BHM, Diploma in Hospitality Management, BA (Hons.) in Language Courses/ Applied Psychology, Bachelor of Tourism & Travel Management and Diploma Courses.).
- CBSE or equivalent – Minimum 45% marks (for B.Sc. (Nursing)).
- CBSE or equivalent – Minimum 50% marks (for B.Arch., B.Plan., B.Des. (Interior Design), BCA + MCA, BA + LLB, B.Sc. and B.Optom.).
- CBSE or equivalent – Minimum 55% marks (for B.Sc. (Hons.), B.Com. (Hons.), BBA + LLB, B.Com. + LLB and BBA).
- CBSE or equivalent – Minimum 60% marks (for B.Tech., BA (Hons.) and B.Tech. + M.Tech.).
- Amity Entrance Test – Valid Score (B.Sc. (Hons.), BA LLB, B.Com. LLB and BBA LLB).
- Amity Design Test – Valid Score (B.Plan. and Bachelor of Interior Design).
- Amity Creative Test – Valid Score (BA (Journalism & Mass Communication), B.Sc. (Animation & Visual Graphics), B.Des. (Fashion Designing) and Bachelor of Fine Arts).
- Amity JEE Entrance Exam – Valid Score (B.Tech. and B.Tech. + M.Tech.).
- NATA Entrance Exam – Minimum 80% marks (for B.Arch.).
Final Selections to UG and Integrated programs are done on basis of scores obtained in Entrance Exam followed by Group Discussion/ Personal Interview conducted by the University. Whereas admissions to Diploma courses are Merit Based.
Amity University PG and PG Diploma Admission
Admission to PG and PG Diploma programs are done on the basis of marks acquired by a candidate in their Bachelor’s Degree Examination (relevant stream) or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent – Passing Marks (for M.Sc. (in Applied Sciences, Biotechnology, Graphics & Animation and Computers), M.Plan., Masters in Interior Design, M.Tech. (Biotechnology), MA/ PG Diploma (in Journalism & Mass Communication), MCA, M.Tech., MA (English) and Master of Fine Arts).
- LLB or Equivalent – Minimum Required Marks (for LLM).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent – Minimum 50% marks (M.Com., MA (in Economics, Applied Linguistics, Counselling/ Applied Psychology), MBA, M.Sc. (Medical, Clinical Psychology), PG Diploma (in Phychology) and MSW).
- Amity Entrance Test – Valid Score (for M.Sc., M.Plan., Masters in Interior Design, M.Tech. (Biotechnology), M.Sc. (Computers), MCA and M.Tech.).
- CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ NMAT/ GMAT – Valid Score (for MBA).
Final Selections to PG programs are done on basis of scores obtained in Entrance Exam followed by Group Discussion/ Personal Interview conducted by the University. Whereas, selection for MBA program is done on basis of scores obtained in CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ NMAT/ GMAT Entrance Exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by the University.
Amity University M.Phil. and Ph.D. Admission
Amity University offers three-year full time M.Phil. program to candidates having Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with at least 55% marks in aggregate whereas, for admission in three-year full time Ph.D. research course, candidates should hold Master’s degree/ M.Phil. in relevant field with minimum 55% marks in aggregate. Final selection of candidates is done on the basis of:
- Entrance Test followed by Personal Interview conducted by Amity University.
- UGC (NET)/ CSIR (JRF) Examination (for Ph.d.).
- SLET/ GATE/ Teacher Fellowship holders (for Ph.D.).
- Direct award of Fellowship by DST (INSPIRE), ICMR or any such national agency (Ph.D.).
- Any other equivalent test.
Amity University, Gurgaon Placement
Amity University offers Placements opportunities to candidates through their Placement Cell, a working body which counsels and provides training to the job aspirants before appearing for an interview.
Amity University, Gurgaon Ranking
Body / Magazine
Best Private University
PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Best University (Engineering)
2 (Best Emerging Design College)
4 (Best Television Journalism School)
5 (Best Regional Media School in North India)
9 (Best PG media School at National Level)
Best Private University in Haryana
Times of India
1 (Emerging Engineering School of India)
Education Excellence Summit
Most Innovative Private University in North India
Amity University, Gurgaon Scholarships
Scholarships are offered to deserving candidates on basis of Merit.
- 100% Scholarship to candidates scoring 93% and above marks in 10+2.
- 50% Scholarship to candidates scoring 88% and above marks in 10+2.
- 100% Scholarship to candidates scoring 93% and above marks in Graduation.
- 50% Scholarship to candidates scoring 88% and above marks in Graduation.
- 20% Scholarship to candidates scoring more than 85% marks in CAT/ 700 marks in MAT.
Amity University, Gurgaon Facilities
- Amphitheatre Style & Air-conditioned Classrooms.
- Auditorium with intake capacity of 750 students.
- Seminar Hall with intake capacity of 300 people.
- Moot Court for LAW students.
- Hi-Tech Laboratories.
- Indoor and Outdoor Equipment and Facilities.
- Cafeteria with intake capacity of 1,000 people.
- Wi-Fi Enabled Campus.
- 24*7 Health Care services.
- Laundry Services for Hostel Residents.
- ATM Facility.
- Departmental Store.
- Parking Lot.