The Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (LUVAS), located in Hisar, Haryana, is one of the premier educational institutions in the country for the various associated disciplines to the animal sciences. LUVAS established in 2010. It is a UGC approved institution. LUVAS provides degrees to students under B.V.Sc., B.Tech. in Dairy Technology, M.V.Sc. and Ph.D courses.
- Candidates are required to have a minimum 10+2 pass in Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology/Mathematics to be eligible for B.V.Sc. and B.Tech. in Dairy Technology.
- The minimum eligibility for a candidate to apply for the diploma courses is, he should have assed Class 12th with min. 50% marks in PCB (core) subjects.
- A B.V.Sc. pass is required for the M.V.Sc. programme,
- A relevant B.V.Sc. and M.V.Sc. degree required for the Ph.D. programme.
- The selection process for all the courses consists of an Entrance Examination followed by Counselling.
- The application forms will be available in the online mode only.
- Reservation is in accordance with the regulations of the Government of India.
Read More: LUVAS Fees Structure
|Name of the University||Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar|
|University Type||State University|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
|Mode of Entrance||Online|
|Name of Entrance||B.V.Sc. & AH, M.V.S, Ph.D. – ET |
LUVAS Admission Dates 2019
|Course||Start of online Application Form||Last date without late fee||Last date with late fee of INR 600||Entrance Test|
|Entrance Test Result Declaration(DET)|
|Diploma (VLDD, DVLT)||June 01, 2019||June 25, 2019||July 01, 2019|
VLDD : Aug 04, 2019
DVLT : Aug 09, 2019
|Within One week of entrance exam(DET)|
|B.V.Sc. & AH program|
and B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)
|May 14, 2019||June 14, 2019||June 21, 2019||July 22, 2019|| August 1, 2019|
|M.V.Sc. &Ph.D.||June 07, 2019||May 31, 2019||June 07, 2019||July 06, 2019||July 13, 2019|
LUVAS B.V.Sc. and B.Tech. Admission 2019
LUVAS offers under graduate courses of B.V.Sc. and B.Tech ( Dairy Technology). The min. eligibility under B.V.Sc. is the passing of Class 12th with min. 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (core) subjects by the candidate. For B.Tech. (DT), the candidate must have passed 12th Standard with Physics, Chemistry,Mathematics and English subjects with 50% marks in them. The selection of the eligible candidate will be done on the merit in Entrance test obtained by the candidate followed by counselling process.
|Course||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|B.V.Sc. (Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry)||Passed in 10+2 from any recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (PCBE) as core subjects with min. 50% marks in the core subjects.||Merit in Entrance test held by the Veterinary Council of India + Counselling|
|B.Tech. in Dairy Technology||Passed in 10+2 from any recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English (PCME) as core subjects with min. 50% marks in the core subjects.||Entrance Test (DST) held by the university itself + counselling|
- SC candidates will get a relaxation of 5% in the overall marks under all the bachelor’s courses.
- Candidates must have attained or have to attain 17 years of age as on December 31
- The details of counselling and registration dates will be displayed on the University website by 2nd week of August for B.V.Sc.
- The details of counselling and registration dates will be displayed on the University website by last week of August for B.Tech. (Dairy Technology).
LUVAS Diploma Admission 2019
The institution offers diploma programmes in different specialisations of veterinary sciences. The minimum eligibility for a candidate to apply for the diploma courses is, he should have assed Class 12th with min. 50% marks in PCB (core) subjects. The selection of the eligible candidates will be done on the basis of an Entrance Test which will be conducted by the institution itself.
|Veterinary and Livestock Development Diploma||A pass (50%) at the +2 level from any recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as core subjects.||Entrance test conducted by the institute|
|Diploma in Veterinary Laboratory Technology|
Note: The age requirements are a minimum of 17 years of age, and a maximum of 22 years of age (30 years for SC / ST /OBC Candidates). For in-service candidates, the upper age limit is 50 years.
LUVAS M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. Admission 2019
LUVAS University M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. under Master’s and research programs respectively. Ph.D. is provided to the candidates under 18 disciplines.
The minimum eligibility for the applying in M.V.Sc. is, the candidate must have passed Bachelor’s degree with at least 60% marks or 6 OGPA. For Ph.D. the candidate must have obtained Bachelor’s degree with the college being specified in the VCI and he should have obtained Master’s degree in the relevant discipline with min. 70% marks or 7 OGPA in it.
The selection to M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. will be made on the basis of merit obtained by the candidate in the Entrance Test.
|Course||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Process|
|M.V.Sc.||-||Must have passed B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree with min. 60% marks or 6 OGPA (except SC category candidates)||Entrance Test|
|Ph.D.||Animal Biotechnology||Must have obtained B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree and Master’s degree in the relevant subject with min. 70% marks or 7 OGPA in the Master’s degree(M.V.Sc.).|
|Animal Genetics and Breeding|
|Livestock Production Management|
|Livestock Products Technology|
|Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension Education|
|Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics|
|Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology|
|Veterinary Public Health Epidemiology|
|Veterinary Surgery & Radiology|
- 5% of relaxation i.e 57% marks or 5.7 OGPA, will be provided to the candidates in the minimum eligibility criteria to the SC category candidates under the Master’s degree.
- For Ph.D. disciplines also, 5% relaxation will be provided to the SC category candidates.
- The minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test for the M.V.Sc and Ph.D. candidates is 50% ( 47.5% for the SC candidates).
- Candidates must be registered with the State Veterinary Council.
- Candidates must have completed an internship during the course of their undergraduate degree.
- The date and time for admission counseling will be specified on the University website after the declaration of results of the examination.
- Under M.V.Sc., Kashmiri migrants will be provided 10% relaxation in the minimum cut off marks.
LUVAS Admission Process 2019
The candidates wanting to enroll in any of the courses can apply for it in the Online mode. Following is the procedure to be followed for applying in any of the courses:
- Visit the official website of the University
- Click on Admission and download the application form.
- Read the prospectus before and fill all the details correctly.
- Pay the registration fees, which includes the counselling fees also, online.
- Click on Submit button.
Candidates are required to bring their original documents for verification during the counselling process.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College