Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Kashmir (SKUAST-K), Srinagar is a state agricultural university located in Srinagar. It was established in the year 1982 which is now offering education in different branches of study such as Animal Sciences, Fisheries, Home Science, Forestry and more. Admission to all the courses is done on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance test, known as the University Entrance Test (UET).
|Type of Programs||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Entrance Test||University Entrance Test (UET)|
The University offers quality courses in different branches of study like horticulture, agriculture, veterinary, forestry, home science, environmental sciences, and other allied sciences. It undertakes strategic and applied and applied research methods. Given below are the courses offered by the University:
|UG Courses||PG Courses||Ph.D. Courses|
|B.V.Sc. and A.H||M.Tech||Veterinary Sciences|
Check here SKUAST Courses with Fee
Candidates applying to the academic programs must satisfy the eligibility criteria for the course they wish to apply for. The eligibility criteria as per the university are given below:
- UG Courses Eligibility – Intermediate graduation with PCB/PCM and English with at least 50% marks and 40% for reserved categories
- PG Courses Eligibility – Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject with 60% marks in the aggregate.
- Ph.D. Courses Eligibility – Master's degree in the relevant subject with 65% marks from a recognized university
The University has separate reservation categories for students studying in the undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Given below are the details for the same:
For UG Programs –
- A relaxation of 10% in eligibility criteria is applicable for reserved candidates
- Only 50% of seats are available for general category students
- Rest 50% of seats are reserved for reserved category students as below:
- Scheduled Caste (SC) - 8%
- Scheduled Tribes,Gujjar & bakerwal (STGB) - 6%
- Scheduled Tribe, Leh District (STL) - 2%
- Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District (STK) - 2%
- Other Scheduled Tribes (STO) - 1%
- Weak and Underprivileged Classes, Social Castes (OSC) - 2%
- Residents of Backward Area (RBA) - 20%
- Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC) - 3%
- Children of Defence Personnel (Permanent Residents of the State) (CDP) - 3%
- Children of State Police Personnel and Paramilitary Forces (JKPM) - 1%
- Candidates possessing outstanding Proficiency in Sports (SP) - 2%
For PG Programs –
- The seats available for general category is 65%.
- Rest of the seats are reserved for reserved categories as below:
- Scheduled Caste (SC) - 4%
- Scheduled Tribes, (ST) - 5 %
- Weak and underprivileged classes, Social Castes (OSC) -1%
- Residents of Backward Area (RBA) -10%
- Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC) -2%
- Candidates possessing Outstanding Proficiency in Sports (SP) (SP) (SP) -1%
- Children of Defence Personnel/ State Police Personnel and Paramilitary Forces (JKPM) -2%
- Open Merit Category candidate who have served for a minimum period of 05 years in Rural Areas – 10%
Know more SKUAST Admissions 2020
In order to look after the needy students, the University has several scholarship programs to offer. Given below are the details for the same:
- Merit Scholarship
- Student Welfare Fund
- Post Matric Scholarship
- Frontier Scholarship
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship
The university is known to have been accredited and recognized by a number of reputed organizations for its contribution in the academic fields. Given below is the list for such accreditation and ranking of the University:
- Ranked 13th among SAU’s in 2018 by National Accreditation Board of ICAR
- SKUAST-K student bags prestigious IIGP-2019 Award
- Plant Genome Saviour Award to SKUAST-K 2017 by PPV&FRA for the conservation of aromatic rice
Sher-e-Kashmir University aims to achieve excellence by providing world-class facilities with the best available infrastructure and other basic amenities. Given below are the facilities provided by the college.
- Library: The central library has 14000 books, 2750 reference books, 89 periodicals, 640 theses, and 2364 reports.
- Cafeteria: In order to satisfy the appetites of the students and to give them a break after a day’s hard work, the campuses are provided with a relaxing and comfortable cafeteria.
- Hostel: The students can also enjoy residential facilities provided by the University in each campus. It has state-of-the-art facilities for both male and female students.