Updated On - September 18th 2019 by PRATYASHA
Christ University is a deemed private university. It is the first indigenous Syrian Catholic religious congregation in India. The University is specifically known for its undergraduate courses and has ranked among the top ten for UG courses in surveys done by the India Today group. Every year, more than 16000 students enroll in various UG and PG programs offered at Christ University. Admission to the courses is based on the entrance exam conducted by the university except for MBA. For MBA it considers CAT, MAT, GMAT, CMAT, XAT or ATMA Scores.
Click here Christ University Cutoff
Latest! Applications are invited for admission in M.Phil/Ph.D. courses by Christ University. Interested candidates can apply till November 27, 2019.
Highlights of Christ University
|Type of Courses||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Entrance Exam||CAT, MAT, GMAT, CMAT, XAT|
Christ University Courses
The University offers various courses at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctorate levels. Below mentioned is a brief about the same:
Christ University UG Courses
University offers 3 years full-time programs in various streams like arts, commerce, science, hotel management, and computer applications. The list includes BA, BBA, BCA, B.Sc, BHM, BA- LL.B, and B.Com. Selection of students for the Program will be based on Entrance Exam conducted by the university. Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with a relevant subject combination.
Click here Christ University UG Admissions
Christ University B.Tech. & M.Tech
University offers 4-years full-time program in B.Tech. and two years full-time programs in M.Tech. There are seven different specializations for B.Tech. and six specializations for M.Tech. Selection of students for the Program will be based on Entrance Exam conducted by the university. Eligibility: For M.Tech, a candidate must have passed B.Tech with 55% marks. For B.Tech, a student must be an intermediate graduate with PCM.
Check Christ University B.Tech & M.Tech. Admissions
Christ University Law Courses
University offers 5 years integrated BA LLB & BBA LLB program and for post-graduation two years LLM Program. Selection of students for the program will be based on Christ University Law Entrance Examination (CULEE) which is conducted by the university. Eligibility: Pass in 10+2 examination or its equivalent.
Know more Christ University Law Admissions
Christ University B.Ed.
University offers two years full-time B.Ed. Program. Selection of students for the program will be based on Skill Assessment, which will consist of a test of written skills, communication skills, and logical reasoning, followed by a personal interview round. Eligibility: Graduate in any discipline with an aggregate of 50% marks or equivalent. Students having Bachelor’s in Technology or Engineering must have an aggregate of 55% marks.
Read more Christ University B.Ed. Admissions
Christ University MBA
University Offers two years of a full-time MBA program with seven specializations. Eligibility: Pass in UG-level exam with an aggregate of 50% marks. Selection of students for the program will be based on entrance exams, which are mentioned below:
MAT (December 2018/February 2019/ May 2019)
600 or above
450 or above
70 %ile or above
70 %ile or above
70 % or above
70 %ile or above
Check Christ University MBA Admissions
Christ University M.Phil.
Christ University offers a one-year program in 15 disciplines. Selection of students in the program is based on the writing test. Eligibility: Master’s degree in relevant discipline with 55% marks or its equivalent.
Read here Christ University M.Phil. Admission
Christ University Ph.D.
Christ University Offers Ph.D. in 20 disciplines of Arts, Commerce, Science, Humanities, Education, and Engineering. Selection of students in the program is based on the writing test. Eligibility: Pass in the PG level or M.Phil level examination with an aggregate of 55% marks from a recognized university.
Know more Christ University Ph.D. Admission
International Students Admissions
Candidates falling into the category of (a) Foreign Nationals; (b) PIO Cardholders; (c) OCI (Dual Citizens) can apply for admission under International Student category. The students coming from Non-English speaking countries should have:
- Studied in English medium (OR)
- IELTS 6.0 with no sub-score below 5.5 (OR)
- TOEFL – 550 in the paper, 213 in Computer
Candidates without the above criteria should enroll in the Intensive English Language Certificate Course offered by the University.
Check Christ University Courses and Fee
Christ University Ranking
|Top 50 Universities:||Christ University, Bangalore (India Rank #23)|
|Arts:||Rankings from The Week (June 9, 2013) - Christ University (India Rank #6, South India Rank #2) Rankings from India Today (June 24, 2013) - Christ University (India Rank #10)|
|Social Work Colleges:||Department of Social Work, Christ University (India Rank #8) Rankings from Outlook (July 1, 2013) - Department of Social Work, Christ University (India Rank #10) Rankings from India Today (June 24, 2013) - Department of Media Studies, Christ University, Bangalore (India Rank #3)|
|Commerce:||Rankings from The Week (June 9, 2013) - Christ University (India Rank #5|
|Science:||Rankings from The Week (June 9, 2013) - Christ University, Bangalore (India Rank #1, South India Rank #4)|
|Management:||Christ University (India Rank #33)|
Christ University Scholarships
Following are the awards and scholarships provided by the University:
- Merit Scholarship: This is initiated for meritorious students based on their performance at the pre-entry level and in various tests and examinations. It will consist of a percentage refund of fees. Each combination will be considered for two merit scholarships. Combinations with more than one section will be considered proportionately. The fee refund/reduction will be considered as follows. Students in the fees range of up to INR 10,000 will get 50%, INR 10,000 – 25,000 will get 25% and above INR 25,000 will get 10% off on their total tuition fee
- Scholarship for Financial Assistance: Students choosing to avail of this scholarship must apply to the Office of Awards and Scholarships with supporting documents. They will require to fill up a separate application for the scholarship available along with their main application form and submit to the Office. The scholarship committee will then interview them on the allotted dates, and their concessions will be decided prior to the payment of their fees. The percentage of concession for different categories is recommended as follows:
- Self-financing courses - 0-50%
- Others- -0-90%
- Alumni Association Scholarships: This helps economically weak students through the Alumni Fund. Students seeking support can approach the Alumni Office, BHM Department, II Block, II Floor.
Christ University Awards
- Award for Excellence: It is instituted to recognize students who excel in academics and are toppers in their respective combinations. The award will be presented to students from all three years and courses and for all PG Courses.
- Award for proficiency: The award for proficiency is in recognition of students who are diligent in their academics and holistic education. This is a nominative award based on the recommendation of the heads of the departments. The decision of the office is final.
- Award for Co-curricular Activities: The award is instituted for all final year students who have actively participated in sports/cultural and club activities during the course of their studies. This is a nominative award based on the recommendation of the concerned teacher in charge. The selection list will be displayed in the month of March
Christ University Placements
The placement cell of the university takes the initiative to explore new career avenues for graduates and postgraduates through visits to new companies and unexplored sectors. It also organizes pre-placement talk to provide the students an insight into the company profile, job profile, career path, CTC and more. The University has state-of-the-art facilities that make campus recruitment a pleasant experience. A total of 1720 students were placed this year with various reputed companies such as KPMG, Accenture, ICICI Bank, Deloitte, Ernst & Young. The highest CTC was offered by Daily Hunt of INR 13 LPA for the MBA program.
Also, Check Christ University Placement