JNCASR is a multidisciplinary research institute located in Jakkur, Bangalore. The Institute was established in 1989 by the Department of Science and Technology (Govt. of India). The Institute offers PG Diploma, MS (Research), PhD as well as integrated PhD courses under the field of Science.
Know More About JNCASR Application Process
Deemed to be University
Over 22,000 books
4 (Boys Hostel)
2 (Girls Hostel)
How to Reach
25 km from BIAL Airport, Bangalore
JNCASR Courses and Admission
The Institute offers four specializations in Integrated PhD course, two specializations each in MS (By Research) / PG Diploma and seven specializations in PhD program.
JNCASR Integrated PhD Admission
The University offers four specializations in Integrated PhD program at the Doctoral level. Admission to the program is on the basis of marks acquired by the candidate in Bachelor’s degree with minimum 55% marks. Selection to the program will be through Joint Admission Test (JAM) or JNCASR written test followed by an Interview conducted by JNCASR.
JNCASR MS (By Research) Admission
JNCASR offers two specializations in MS (By Research) to the candidates. Selection to this course will be on the basis of marks scored in qualifying exams and GATE / JEST or UGC or CSIR NET -JRF / ICMR – JRF /DBT – JRF/INSPIRE -JRF. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview rounds.
JNCASR PG Diploma Admission
The University offers PG Diploma in two specializations – Science Education and Materials Science. Selection process is done on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying exam. Eligible candidates will be invited for the Interview round conducted by JNCASR.
JNCASR PhD Admission
JNCASR offers PhD course under seven specializations to the candidates. Candidates applying for the course must qualify GATE / CSIR-UGC(JRF) / JEST / INSPIRE or any other national level exam. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for the Interview rounds conducted by the University.
Check Courses and Fees Structure
JNCASR in association with Department of Science and Technology invites applications from exceptionally talented and motivated students of India in Engineering and Science for Summer Research Fellowships.
- The candidate must secure 80% marks in 10th and 12th in subjects like Science and Maths.
- Candidates who have secured at least a first class in his/her graduation and post-graduation are eligible for the scholarship.
- Library: The Library is well equipped & maintained. It has huge collection of 614 books/ monographs. The total number of books has risen to over 22,000. The Library subscribed to around 110 national/ international scientific and technical journals. The Online catalogue is updated continuously and the total number of machine-readable records now stands at over 13,000.
- Guest House: The guest house is named Jawahar visitors' house (JVH) and is located at the grounds of Gymkhana of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc).
- Machine shop: The equipment has been maintained at the workshop. There are many machines kept and maintained here like glass blowing machine, lathe machine, drilling machine, welding machine, grinding machine, spot welding machine and cutting machine (for sheets only) and filing facilities etc.
- Animal Facility: The JNCASR animal facility is positioned at a very secluded and private corner of the campus. It is very away from pollution and noise so the animals are given the best of care and protection.
- Hostel : The hostel offers a single room accommodations and some apartments for married candidates. Hostel facilities include twin-sharing bathrooms, washing machines, wi-fi, gym, guest rooms and large LCD TVs.
- Veeco Lab : Veeco Instruments Inc, a leading supplier of instrumentation to the nanoscience community has established Veeco Nanotechnology Laboratory. The lab is jointly operated with the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research.
- Computer lab : Computer lab is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of computer network facilities, management of storage and flow of information. It provides both windows and linux based machines used by users from diverse backgrounds. The centre is connected to the internet via 100Mbps + 20Mbps leased lines.
- Sports: Sports are very important for the physical development and growth of a student. There are many indoor and outdoor games provided for the students. The indoor games include Carom, Table Tennis Chess and Scrabble. The outdoor games are Cricket, Basketball and Volleyball that the students can play.