Updated On - September 27th 2019 by PRATYASHA
The University of Mysore or Mysore University (UOM) is a public state university in Mysore, Karnataka, India. The university was established in the year of 1916 with only two faculties, explicitly Arts and Science and gradually became a multi-faculty university. The university encompasses 122 affiliated colleges and five constituent colleges. It was accredited "Grade A" by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Mysore University offers various UG, PG and Research programs along with the diploma and certificate courses in different disciplines. In addition to the regular courses, the university also offers distance learning programs in various disciplines. UOM Admissions are based on the marks secured by the students in the entrance test, conducted by the university.
Mysore University Results
The university follows the semester course system divided into two sections i.e. odd semester & even semester. Notifications regarding University of Mysore Results for odd and even semester are released by the university through its official website. Students can download their results by entering Registration Number, Degree and Year on the official results portal of the university. Read more Mysore University Results
Mysore University Highlights
|Type of Programs||UG, PG, Ph.D., Certificate and Diploma Courses|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, AIU|
Mysore University Courses
The university offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses. All the programs are listed below:
|UG Courses||PG Courses||PG Diploma Courses||Certificate Programs||Diploma Courses|
|B.A. LL.B||M.A.||Heritage Tourism and Travel Management||Arabic||Arabic/ Persian and Urdu|
|B.Com LL.B||M.Sc||Counseling and Health Psychology||Persian||German/ French/ Russian/ Spanish/ Chinese B-2|
|B.p.Ed||M.Tech||Human Resource Management||Dr. Ambedkar and Human Rights||Co-Operative Management|
|B.Arch||M.L.I.Sc||Intellectual Property Rights and Information Technology Law||Functional Hindi||High-Performance Computing|
|-||MBA||Retail and Supply Chain Management||Prakrit ||-|
Ph.D. and M.Phil.
The University of Mysore offers Ph.D. and M.Phil. programs in Economics, English, Sanskrit, Zoology, Botany, Sociology and many other disciplines. Students who clear the entrance exam conducted by the university are eligible to take admission in these programs. Candidates having M.Phil degree can apply for a Ph.D. without giving the entrance exam.
Check Mysore University Courses and Fees
The University of Mysore offers Distance education in various UG and PG programs catering to multiple disciplines. For more information about Mysore University Distance Education, Click here
Mysore Univesity Entrance Exam
For admission to certain courses, candidates need to clear an online entrance examination conducted by the university. The university conducts the entrance examination for selected courses in the month of July every year. Candidates need to register themselves online for the entrance examination by filling the application form. The admission to the university is done on the basis of various entrance exam such as NATA, CSIR NET/ UGC NET/ GATE/ JRF. Mysore University conducts its own entrance examination namely Postgraduate Entrance Exam (PGEE) for all PG courses. On the other hand, for admission in Ph.D. program, the university conducts an entrance test based on UGC/CSIR NET pattern. A candidate securing at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PC) is eligible to apply for admission in Ph.D.
Check Mysore University Admissions
Mysore University Results
Students can check the result of entrance exam by the following steps:
- Log on to the official Mysore University website.
- Navigate to the result links under the “Notifications” panel. For eg: Ph.D. Entrance Exam Results 2019
- Subsequently, you will be redirected to the page containing the result in the PDF format file.
- Download the file and take a printout of the schedule for future reference.
Know more Mysore University Results
Mysore University Scholarships
- Endowment Scholarships
- University Merit Scholarships
- University Sports Scholarships
- University Subject Scholarships – Semester and Non-Semester Courses
- Scholarship for Gandhian Studies
- Poverty-cum-progress Scholarships
- Award of University Research Fellowships
Mysore University Rankings
- Ranked 54th (University Category) and 80th (overall category) in India Rankings 2019 conducted by NIRF, MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Ranked 9th (State Universities) and 15th (India Universities) in India’s Best Universities 2017 survey conducted by Hansa- The WEEK National Ranking 2017.
- The University of Mysore was the first University in the State that was accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in the year 2000 with Five Stars Status.
- The second cycle of re-accreditation by NAAC in 2006 with A+ Level
University of Mysore Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the University to cater to the needs of the students:
- Health Centre
- Banking Services
- Green Campus
- Transport Services
- Sports Facilities