Rani Channamma University (RCUB), established in the year 2010 by the government of Karnataka, is located in Belagavi, Karnataka. The university is well recognized for fostering quality education and is affiliated with University Grants Commission (UGC). It offers a number of courses at the PG, UG as well as Ph. D. level, across- arts, science, education, social work, commerce, and management streams. The application mode for admission to the college is made through offline mode, one needs to collect the application directly from the university.
Latest Updates: Rani Channamma University released the schedule for RCU 2020 First Round Counselling for Admissions to COMMERCE Course. The counseling round will commence on November 2, 2020. Know More
RCU Belagavi Highlights
|Established | Type||2010 | State University|
|Approved by||UGC University Grants Commission|
|Courses||UG and PG|
|Basic Admission Criteria||10+2 for all UG programs Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline for PG courses PG Degree along with ranking in NET+SLET for Ph. D. programs|
RCUB Belagavi Courses
The university offers a number of courses in the field of arts. Science, commerce, and management. However, it offers courses in Physical Education, Social Work, and Criminology & Criminal Justice under both UG as well as PG level.
Tabulated below are the details of the same:
|BA||General; Criminology and Criminal Justice||Must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board/council|
|B.Sc.||General, Computer Science, Sugar Science and Technology||Have passed 10+2 with physics, chemistry, Mathematics/biology as main subjects|
|BCA||Computer application||Must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board/council in the relevant discipline|
|B.Com.||Commerce||Must have passed 10+2 or PUC examination from a recognized board or council.|
|MA||Economics, English, History, Kannada, Marathi, Sociology, Political Science, Criminology and Criminal Justice||Must have a BA degree in the relevant subject|
|M.Sc.||Geography, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Botany||Must have a B.Sc. degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized university|
|M.Com.||Commerce||Must possess a B.Com. degree|
Read More RCUB Belagavi Courses and Fees
RCU Belagavi Admission
Admission to the institution is basically based on the previous qualifying examination results. The university offers a variety of courses under the UG, PG, and Doctorate level. However, the admission to each course differs from one another.
Candidates seeking admission to the BA, B.Com., Bachelors of Physical Education and Bachelors of Social Work must have passed their 10+2 examination or PUC examination from a recognized board or council. For, the B.Sc. course, candidates must have passed 10+2 examinations along with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology as the mandatory subjects.
- For PG, the candidate must hold a Bachelor Degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks.
- For the M.Phil. and Ph. D. courses, the aspirants must have a Master’s Degree in the relevant field of study from a recognized university. However, the candidates are ought to clear the NET or SLET entrance examination.
- The selection of the candidates for the M.Phil. or Ph. D. courses are based on the marks scored in the NET or SLET entrance examination.
- Candidates applying must visit the official website of the college in order to download the application form.
- Once downloaded, candidates are required to fill up the form with all the relevant details attached with the necessary documents.
- The candidates can either submit the application form directly to the college or may send it to the college via post.
Read More RCUB Belagavi Admission
RCU Belagavi Placements
The placement cell plays a crucial role in training their students as well as making their students industry ready. It looks forward in bringing suitable opportunities to the eligible students by training them based on their skills and qualifications. The placement cell organizes different training programs which includes mock interviews, group discussions, communication skill workshop and many other programs as well in order to enhance the skills and develop the personality of the students. However, the university also looks after making their students prepare for various government sector examinations.
Read More RCUB Belagavi Placements
RCU Belagavi Facilities
It has got a well built and well-maintained infrastructure with a serene atmosphere for learning. Some of the facilities provided by the university are:
- Research Laboratories- The university provides independent laboratories for research and are provided with advanced equipment and research facilities. However, almost every department has got their own research labs. Besides Physics, Chemistry and Fluid Dynamics laboratories, the university has got Labs of Criminology Research in Security and Crime.
- Computer Laboratory- The computer laboratories are well equipped with latest configuration computers. It has got good accommodation for PCs as well.
- Library- It has got a well-maintained library with a bountiful collection of books, journals and newspapers.
RCU Belagavi FAQs
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for the PG courses at RCUB Belagavi?
Ans. Candidates seeking admission to the PG programs offered by the university must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant discipline and needs to have an aggregate of 45% marks.
Ques. What is the fee structure for BBA course at RCUB Belagavi?
Ans. The BBA course offered under the UG level, is a 3 years duration course and the fee structure for this course per year amounts to INR 2160.
Ques. Does RCUB Belagavi provide any course in Journalism?
Ans. Yes, it offers Bachelors of Journalism and Mass Communication under the UG level with a duration of 3 years.
Ques. Does the placement cell of RCUB Belagavi provide mock interviews for the students?
Ans. Yes, the placement cell sets up mock interviews as a part of their training program for the students, in order to develop their personality, enhance their skills and make them industry ready.
Ques. Does RCUB Belagavi conducts counselling for the students during admission?
Ans. Yes, it conducts counselling during the selection process which is followed by the interview of the selected candidates.
Ques. Does RCUB provide a hostel facility?
Ans. Yes, the University provides hostel facilities to boys only. There are two hostels for male students namely, Brihmaputra and Krishna Hostels. Girls may however need to look for PG’s nearby.
Ques. Who all are eligible to apply for Ph.D. at RCUB?
Ans. All the candidates who have a postgraduate degree from a recognized university including the foreign students(sponsored by embassies) and candidates scoring 55 and more than 55% aggregate marks are eligible.
Ques. Who all are eligible for scholarships?
Ans. All SC/ST students are eligible to get scholarships for the PG program if their family income is equal to or less than INR. 2,50,000. And all the OBC students are eligible for scholarships for the PG program if their family income is equal to or less thanINR. 1,00,000.
Ques. Does RCUB do something to improve women empowerment?
Ans. Yes, the university organizes several workshops for women, some are:
- It organizes Self defense training, yoga training, medical treatments, and counseling.
- Personality development and skill development workshops are organized.
- Organizing health-related awareness workshops, conferences, meetings, symposiums, quizzes, and other competitions and programs.
Ques. What facilities are provided to the students at RCUB?
Ans. The students are provided with all the needed facilities.
- Two Boys Hostels are situated in the Main Campus with all infrastructures.
- Arrangement of Facilitates travel concession to the students for educational tours and excursions.
- Health and medical services to students.
- A career guidance facility is provided for the students through the Placement Cell.
- The canteen facility is provided with a minimum price.
- Photocopy and stationery Shop in the main building.
- Rest Room for Girl Students.