Tumkur University, established in 2004, is one of the most reputed universities in the state of Karnataka, offers a number of different courses at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate and doctorate level. The University has 24 postgraduate departments, 19 undergraduate departments, 2 constituent colleges, and 94 Affiliated Colleges. It established 29 research centers to promote advanced multidisciplinary research and academic collaborations.
|Accreditations||Grade ‘B’ by NAAC|
|Courses||UG, PG and Doctoral|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
The Constituent Colleges are:
- University College of Science
- University College of Arts
Tumkur University Courses
Tumkur University offers undergraduate, and postgraduate programs. Following are the courses with specializations.
|Arts||B.A||Economics, Geography, Hindi, History, Journalism, Political Science, Sanskrit, Urdu, Kannada|
|M.A||Economics, English, Kannada, History and Archeology, Public Administration, Sociology, Political Science|
|Science||B.Sc||Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Zoology|
|M.Sc||Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Zoology|
|Business and Management||BBM||--|
|Education||MSC||Library and Information Science|
Also, CheckTumkur University Courses and Fee Structure
Tumkur University Admission
Undergraduate Programs Admission
- The university provides a range of undergraduate courses in multiple disciplines.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for UG courses is 10+2 in relevant discipline with at least 50% marks.
- The selection is done on the basis of merit list.
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their marks obtained in class 12 are considered for admission and called for the document verification process.
Postgraduate Programs Admission
- Tumkur University offers multiple numbers of postgraduate courses in various specializations.
- The application form is available on the official website of the university.
- Minimum education is required for PG courses is graduation degree in the relevant discipline. (5% relaxation in marks has been given for SC/ST and category 1 candidates).
- For admission to PG courses, candidates have to appear for a written test which is conducted by the university itself.
- Listed candidates on the basis of their marks in the entrance test are called for the personal interview round. Final selection is based on the overall performance of the candidate.
Doctoral Programs Admission
- Tumkur University Ph.D. Admission is done through an entrance test followed by personal interview.
- As per eligibility for doctoral courses, candidates should have a Masters Degree in the relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks.
- The university also accepts GATE / JRF / SLET score for Ph.D. admission.
CheckTumkur University Admissions
Tumkur University Results
Students can check their term-end examination results from the official website by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of Tumkur University.
- Navigate to the top menu & click on the ‘Examination’ tab.
- Now click on the ‘Results’ section.
- Enter the details like Course Name, Degree, Exam, Term, Registration Number & click on Submit.
- Save and download the scorecard for future reference.
In order to track the details related to internal exams of the Tumkur University, answer scripts and merit lists, the University has its own Examination Management System (EMS). Students have to log in to the EMS with their login ID & password (allotted at the time of registration).
Click hereTumkur University Results
Tumkur University Placements
Tumkur University placement cell provides assistance for summer projects as well as for final placement assistance in companies. The cell constantly focusing on bridging the gap between the industry and the Institute. The placement cell has a well-organized and active placement program that provides assistance and guidance to its students in obtaining the requisite training and suitable employment in the leading organization.
Read MoreTumkur University Placements
Tumkur University Facilities
- Total No. of Books- 28332
- No. of Subscribed Journals- 36
- No. of E-journals subscribed- 7900+
- Software Used- KOHA open source software, OPAC, Techfocuz 4.0
Network Operation Center:
University campus has 420 LAN points and 10 Wi-Fi devices. University’s existing network is decentralized and uses various routers and firewalls.
Remote Sensing Centre: University has collaborated with Indian Space Research Organization to establish a remote sensing center on the campus. With the launch of GIS and remote sensing, center university has joined the elite league of institutions with the boast of facilities
Automated Weather Station: It is the latest of its kind in the state. It was established in 2010 as an initiative of ISRO. It is an agricultural friendly venture in addition to addressing the research and education needs.
Lokajnana - It is a quarterly journal containing research papers in original and translated languages. International Journal of Science Research - IJSR is an international journal published quarterly reporting on a publication of research papers. International Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities - It is a bi-annual journal published by the university. The main objective of journals is to share knowledge related to political science, history, sociology, archaeology, geography, international studies, etc.