UAS Dharwad Quick Updates 2020May 15:
Karnataka DCM announces KCET 2020 to be held on July 30 & July 31, 2020. Check Here.
University of Agricultural Sciences(UAS), Dharwad is a premier institute of Agricultural Science, was established in 1986 under section 3 of the Karnataka Universities of Agricultural Sciences Act, 1963. It began College of Agriculture in 1947 at Dharwad. The university aims to provide for undergraduates and postgraduate instructions in agriculture and other allied branches of learning.
- Located at Krishi Nagar, Dharwad, Karnataka
- UAS is recognized by UGC and Govt. of Karnataka
- The University has 5 Colleges, 30 Research Stations, 6 Extension Education Units, 5 Krishi Vigyan Kendras and ATIC.
The research programmes of the University are of three kinds viz., basic, applied and strategic oriented towards solving location specific and farmer-centric problems.
- The University has so far released 169 varieties / hybrids of different crops including cereals, oilseeds, pulses, commercial crops, fodder crops, horticulture and plantation crops
- In addition, 261 Crop Protection Technologies and 278 Crop Production technologies have also been recommended
- The research needs of the farmers are catered through 30 Agricultural Research Stations spread across diverse agro-ecosystems, 26 AICRPs and 214 externally funded ad-hoc projects
- Received National Productivity Council Award in 1986
- Received Sardar Patel Outstanding Institution Award in 2000
- Received Indira Gandhi NSS Award in 2001