IIITM, Gwalior was established in the year 1997 by the Govt. of India & in 2001 it achieved the Deemed University status. IIITM- Gwalior is also known as the Atal Bihari Vajpayee-Indian Institute of IT and Management (ABV-IIITM)
Initially it was started as IIITM, but later in 2002 it was prefixed with ABV to honour the then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
The institute was founded as a result of the initiative taken by the Ministry of HRD of the Govt. of India with a view to create top class professionals who are able to handle any issues regarding business and IT.
Courses that are offered in the institute have been smartly designed and it can be said to be tailor-made for today’s competitive world.
It has made collaborations with:
Institute is offering B.tech, M.tech, MBA & some integrated courses in several disciplines.
ABV-IIITM adheres to unique educational & administrative methods which have evolved since its inception. Adequate analysis of processes followed in different sections of the institute has contributed to our evolvement of methodologies.
On-Going Research Projects
Placement Description- ABV-IIITM facilitates their students with best placements in reputed firms like Wipro, Infosys, TCS, LPU, Microsoft, Impetus, L&T Infotech etc. The placement process is pre-planned by Training & Placement cell of the institute.
Highest Package in 2014- 31.5 lacs
Highest Package in 2013- 20 lacs
Highest Package in 2012- 16 lacs
Highest Package in 2011- 12.5 lacs
Total No. of Students
Total No. of Students
Total Eligible Students
Eligible Students Placed
At IIITM – Gwalior, the students are encouraged to take part in SPIC MACAY which is an effort of the Madhya Pradesh Government to promote classical art forms
• There are many cultural clubs in the institute which has been formed by the students themselves that organizes various events throughout the year.
• Technical events are also held in the institute that opportune the students to display their skills in technical sphere
A variety of festivals are being organized by the institute where the students get a chance to display their hidden talent.
• Aurora is the cultural festival that is being organized every year having a number of competitions
• Infotsav is a technical festival that encourages innovative ideas
• HIQ – High Intelligence Quotient
• Publication of several magazines
• Twaran Festival
Facilities: There are abundant facilities to be availed by the students and staff in the institute campus that assists the students in all spheres of their academic and non-academic life.
The library is sectioned into a reference library, reading room and digital library
• Total collection includes more than 30,000 books, 80 journal, 23000 titles, back volumes and other materials and has subscription to more than 15 print journals and 50 magazines.
• 1300 theses and nearby 950 lecture CDs
The institute is well aware of the fact that the students need to be provided with strong sports facilities to make them fit in all aspects, be it mentally or physically. It has made available to the students a sports complex which has:
• A swimming pool
• Basketball court
• Lawn Tennis court
• A billiards room
• Two well-equipped gymnasium
The institute provides good hostel facilities to the students including research scholars and has implemented sumptuous facilities in all the hostels too.
• Boys and girls have been allotted separate hostels with 3 (BH1, BH2 and BH3 ) being for boys and 1 for girls housing 135 students
• All the students are allotted single room on single occupancy
The College stands among top 25 engineering colleges in India & 25 in the top best professional colleges in India by outlook-MDRA survey.
The Brute Force team of the institute has won ACM ICPC Asia Region Contest 2008 in which almost all the leading IIT and other institutes of the country had participated.
At IIITM- Gwalior, the students are also awarded a few scholarships based on specific merits and categories. Some of them are:
• Pratibha Scholarship
• The Bharti Airtel Foundation Scholarship
• GATE Scholarship