Jiwaji University is a public university which is located in Madhya Pradesh at Gwalior. It offers a wide variety of courses in streams like Commerce, Management, Science, Business Administration at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels. Jiwaji University conducts entrance exams for UG, PG and Research Programs. For B.Tech, Jiwaji University admission is based on JEE Main scores and admission is granted by DTE. As per QS Ranking 2020, the university has been ranked 88 in the overall category in India.
Jiwaji University Quick Updates
- March 17: B.Lib. (Annual System) Exam Timetable: Check Here
Click here: Jiwaji University Cut off
Jiwaji University Highlights
|Established | Type||1964 | State University|
|Accreditation||NAAC- ‘A’ Grade|
|Campus Area||225 Acres|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance and Merit-based|
|Total Students | Faculty||340000 | 887|
Jiwaji University Courses
|B.Sc (Hons.)||Chemistry||Intermediate graduate with 50% marks in aggregate|
|B.A. LLB||-||Intermediate graduate with 45% marks|
|BMC||Mass Communication||Intermediate graduate with 50% marks in aggregate|
|B.Voc||Cosmetics Science & Beauty Culture|
|M.Sc||Chemistry||B.Sc in relevant discipline with 50% marks|
|MBA||Business Economics||Graduation in relevant discipline with 50% marks|
|Chemical Sales & Marketing Management|
|M.A.||English||Graduate in relevant discipline with 50% marks|
|MCA||Computer Applications||Graduation with Mathematics as a compulsory subject|
|LL.M||Law||Law graduate with 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST candidates)|
|M.Tech||Electronics||B.E. /B. Tech. in relevant branch with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) Preference will be given to GATE qualified candidates|
|M.Com||Commerce||Management/ Commerce graduate with 50% marks|
Check: Jiwaji University Courses and Fees
Jiwaji University Admission
Admission is completely based on marks secured in the qualifying examination and entrance test conducted by the university. Candidates seeking admission must visit the official website of the university and fill the online application form. Payment for application fees can be made through credit/ debit card or Netbanking.
Application Fee: INR 1000 for General Candidates and INR 800 for SC/ ST/ OBC
The printout of admission form along with the Photocopies of the Mark Sheets and other required documents (SC / ST / OBC / FF / PH / Kashmiri migrant / Parsi / Staff Ward / NRI / NCC / NSS / Sports etc.) are required to be submitted to the Chairman Admission Committee, School of Studies in Physics, Jiwaji University, Gwalior 474011, either by Speed Post or in person.
For some courses, the university grant admission on the basis of merit scored in the entrance exams conducted either by the University or MP DTE.
Check: Jiwaji University Admission
The reservation policy is based on Madhya Pradesh Government. The benefits of reservation are only applicable for domiciles of Madhya Pradesh. Reservation is mentioned below in the table:
|Category||Percent of seats|
Jiwaji University Results
Jiwaji University releases the result for regular & CBCS courses on the official website only. Students can check Jiwaji University UG & PG courses result by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Navigate to the official website of Jiwaji University.
- In the Jiwaji University result section, click on your desired course link.
- You will be redirected to the respective result page. Enter your roll number & security code & submit.
- The result will be displayed on the screen. Save & take the printout of your scorecard.
Jiwaji University Placement
The Placement Cell gives an opportunity for securing jobs, training for project works that leads to secure jobs in different companies, institutions, Government and Non-government organizations to the qualified candidates. It organizes pre-placement activities like seminars, expert talks, mock interviews, conferences to boost confidence among the students. It also provides the students with appropriate guidance in this competitive society. The placement cell has also established relations with various reputed organizations to provide the students with the best possible job opportunities.
Know more: Jiwaji University Placement
Jiwaji University Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the university to cater to the need of the students:
- Library: There is a huge collection of over 1,40,000 books and 8000 bound volumes of research journals. Presently, the library has subscribed to more than 142 National and International journals for the students to have access to. Besides a central library, each department/ school has its own fully-furnished library.
- Hostel: The University has hostel facilities for both male and female students enrolled in various academic programs. It has all the required facilities with well-furnished rooms, security, pure drinking water, and all other recreational facilities.
- Sports: The sports complex at the university is enabled with all the modern facilities. It has two floodlight basketball courts with portable uprights, three floodlight tennis courts, four volleyball courts, one hockey ground, etc.
Apart from all this, the university also has facilities like Computer Centre, Guest Hostel, Conference rooms, and workshops.
Jiwaji University Faculty
Listed below is a brief about the faculty members at the University:
Dr. Sameer S. Bhagyawant
- Qualifications: B.Sc, M.Sc, and Ph.D.
- Research Interests: Genomics, Proteomics
Prof. (Dr.) Umesh Holani
- Qualifications: B.Com, M.Com, and Ph.D.
- Research Interests: Accounting, Finance, and Applied Economics
Prof. R.P. Panday
- Qualifications: B.A., M.A., and Ph.D.
- Contributions: Published 3 books and 40 papers in reputed International Journals
Prof. Nalini Srivastava
- Qualifications: B.Sc, M.Sc, and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interests: Parasitic Biochemistry, Molecular Toxicology, Diabetes Mellitus
Dr. Avinash Tiwari
- Qualifications: M.Sc, Ph.D., CSIR NET
- Awards: Gwalior Ratna, Environmental Leadership
Click here: Jiwaji University Faculty