National Institute of Technology, Bhopal (NIT Bhopal), formerly Maulana Azad College of Technology (MACT) was founded in 1960 and named after the first Education Minister, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
- Campus has covered the total area of 650 acres land.
- Presently, the college houses about 4,000 students and faculty members.
- It offers graduate, postgraduate and doctoral level programs in the field of engineering & management.
- It has achieved the goal of creating skillful and distinguished academicians who can easily cater to the industrial needs of country.
- MNIT facilitates best of the best placement opportunities to its students so that they can serve to nation.
- NIT Bhopal is proud of its 40,000 eminent alumni who have contributed constantly for the development of nation.
- Institute also conducts various international conferences on different fields of engineering. Some of them are- International Conference on Industrial, Production & Mechanical Engineering, International conference on Emerging trends in Agriculture, Horticulture & Environmental Engineering etc.
Academic Overview: MANIT has some excellent and experienced faculty for imparting education and guiding students. It is offering education in various fields like engineering and technology, management. Some of the departments are:
- Agro technology
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Applications
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
Extracurricular: There are various student organizations for different interests of students which organize many extracurricular activities throughout the year. Some of them are following-
- Quizzer Club
- NITB web club
- Go Green Forum
- Rotaract Club of MANIT
- Pixel (Photography club)
- Rashtraay ( street play society)
- Roobaroo (Cultural Society)
Festivals: MANIT also hosts major national-level festivals and meets, including-
- Technosearch- Annual national level technical festival
- Maffick- Annual cultural festival
- CHEMICARNIVAL- Annual chemical engineering festival
- Samadhan- Annual national level programming test
- TATVABODH- Annual Materials science & Metallurgical Engineering festival
- SportsMania- Annual sports meet
Facilities: MANIT provides all the requisite facilities to the students whether it be academic or accommodative. Some of the facilities are detailed below-
MANIT Library is a functional unit of the Institute. There is a Library Committee which maintains library. Some of the features of the library are-
- Library Books - 114694
- SC ST & General Book Bank - 26025
- CDs - 2044
- Videos - 3986
- Back Vol. of Journals - 12100
There is a sports complex which include-
- Swimming Pool
- Squash Courts
- Basketball Court
- Badminton Courts
Other facilities include-
- VIP Guest House
- Bank & ATM
- Post Office