Dr. BabasahebAmbedkar Technological University (DBATU) is one of the leading universities of Maharashtra. It has been outstanding in proving research and world class learning facility to the students over the years. The university is one of the oldest universities of not only the state but also in the whole nation. This institute is one of the renowned institutes of the state for its committed faculty members and its disciplined students.
- It is one of the well known autonomous universities of the state. Government of Maharashtra has established this university to ensure that the students of the state may receive excellent research and training facility.
- The faculties here are very much dedicated towards their work and the students are equally discipline.
- There is an institute named "Institute of Petrochemical Engineering" which is owned by the university to provide Diploma Courses. There are eight different Diploma courses from engineering and technology.
- The Government has introduced a scheme named "Community Polytechnic" which is being carried out by the university. The university is trying to educate and empower the dropouts and making them self sustained by providing them necessary technical skills.
- The university is also offering special education to rural women make them self dependant. The university is offering Certificate Course in Nursing Technology for those women.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
University Grants Commission (UGC)
DBATU offers B.Tech in 12 core engineering disciplines. It offers four-year undergraduate programs that lead to the awarding of Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) degree in each of the departments' disciplines. The university also accepts a lateral entry in the B.Tech programme.
- The candidate must have completed 12th with minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category) in science discipline from any recognized board.
- Valid scores of JEE Main is compulsory.
- For admission in B.Tech in Lateral Entry, candidate must have passed Diploma Course in Engineering and Technology with at least 50% marks (45% marks in reserved categories).
DBATU also offers two-year postgraduate programs Master of Technology (M. Tech.) degree in the disciplines of Power Systems, Chemical, Computer, Electronics and Telecommunication, Environmental, Manufacturing and Thermal and Fluids engineering.
- Candidate must have completed Bachelor Degree in the relevant field of Engineering and Technology with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- Also, valid scores of GATE is also required for admission.
DBATU Ph.D. Program
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University offers Ph.D for full-time and part-time programs in many disciplines related to technology field.
- The candidates should have passed M. E. /M. Tech. or equivalent degree in relevant discipline with minimum 60% of marks (55% in case of reserved category candidates from the State of Maharashtra only) awarded by any recognized University/Institute.
- The admission to research program will based on entrance test followed by interview.
- University library: Library helps students and faculty to explore latest information in their field of interest. The university library has large collection of 76291 titles. It also subscribes 76 journals.
- Computer Center: University has 100 PCs in computer center. Also internet facility is having 2Mbps leased line and 15 terminals connected with internet connection which are heavily used.
- Conference Hall: university has AC conference halls which can accommodate 100+ students.
- Guest House:‘Anandvan’ is the university guest house located at the center of the university. House has 2 VIP, 3 AC suites and 17 ordinary suites.
- Edusat: Edusat is used for conducting workshop , lectures and seminars. It can accommodate 100+ students.