Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth is providing the students with the best of facilities and excellent education. The University is excellent because the students passing out have been placed very well. The Vidyapeeth comprises of Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, Pimpri, Pune.
- It got its status of University under the Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 on 2003 of the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Secondary & Higher Education, New Delhi and the University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
- The D.Y. Patil Education Society was set up in the year 1987. Since then it has been providing the best of education in the area of health sciences
- The Vidyapeeth was accredited with 'A' Grade by NAAC with CGPA of 3.08 in the month of September 2009 for the period of five years
- The University provides for one of the best medical colleges
- The MBBS degree that is conferred is recognized by the Government of Malaysia
- It is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- MoUs with Foreign Universities: Miami University, USA, John Hopkins University, USA and University of Skovde, Sweden for the purpose of Research and Academic Collaboration.
- MoUs with Industries: Serum Institute of India, Indian Oil Corporation, Biozeen, Geneva Biopharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Zydus Cadila Research Center, C-DAC, Pune, GVK BIO, Bangalore, V Life Sciences, Genova Biotech & Biopharmaceuticals and CIPLA
Research is very important for the academic development of the University. The students are given the scope to go for research works. A huge number of teachers are involved in the research works.
The Placement Cell strives to place the final year students. It also helps the first year students in their Summer Placements.
- 2006-2008: 100% Placement
- 2007-2009: 82% Students placed through Institute & remaining 18% got self-employed
- 2008-2010: 87% Students placed through Institute & remaining 13% got self-employed
Placement History of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Institute
Name of Course
No. of Placed Students
B. Tech in Biotechnology (BBT)
B. Tech in Bioinformatics (BBI)
M. Tech in Biotechnology (MIT)
M. Sc. in Biotechnology (M. Sc)
- The library has a vast collection of many useful books on technical subjects
- There are many journals, books, magazines and periodicals that have been kept for the students.
- Various national and international journals, newspapers are also there.
- The Central Library is very spacious.
Hostels and mess facilities have been provided for the boys and girls students.
Clinics and Laboratories
There are labs and clinics and each of them are serving with full force and dedication.
- There are many clinics and labs that focus on a special area.
- The experts that are in the labs and the clinics are helping the students to learn and gather more practical knowledge.
Sports are very important for the overall development of the students. The institute provides for many such indoor and outdoor games facilities.
- The students can play basketball, tennis and also football.
- There is a gorgeous gym that provides the students with ample scope to remain fit as a fiddle