Fakir Mohan University is a state university established in the year 1999. The University has two functioning campuses. The old campus at Januganj and the new campus at Naupada. There are more than 92 colleges affiliated with the university with more than 15,000 UG and PG students.
It offers UG, PG, and M.Phil courses in various subjects and offers many other courses. Fakir Mohan University is the only institute in India that offers a post-graduation course in Ballistics.
Fakir Mohan University has also inaugurated Odisha’s first Centre for Marine Bioresources and Biotechnology within the university campus on March 6, 2021. The centre will promote research studies in marine bioresources and marine biotechnology. Admission to FM University M.Sc in Biotechnology and Bioresources will begin soon.
The university has a separate block for students and academics. The top recruiters are HDFC Bank, Aditi Technologies, and Aspiring Minds.
Fakir Mohan University Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1999 | Public|
|Approved by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Entrance Exam||OJEE, PGCET|
|Courses offered||432 courses across 9 streams|
|Popular Courses||MA, M.Sc., M.Phil|
|Application Mode||Online | Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance and Merit-Based|
|Campus Area||2 Campuses|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Library, Cafeteria, Medical, Sports Complex, Wifi|
Fakir Mohan University Ranking
Fakir Mohan University has been accredited with a B+ grade from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) under the aegis of the University Grants Commission (UGC). It has also been ranked within the band of 151-200 by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), making it one of the top-ranked universities of Odisha.
Fakir Mohan University Courses
Fakir Mohan University offers UG and PG courses offering specialization in several different subjects.
|B.Com.||Duration : 3 years
Eligibility: 10 + 2 from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks
|BCA||Duration : 3 years
Eligibility: 10 + 2 from a recognized board with Mathematics with a minimum of 50% score
|BEd + MEd (Integrated)||Duration – 3 years
Eligibility: Postgraduate in Science/ Social Science/ Humanities from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 55%
|MA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: BA(Hons) with a relevant subject from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50%
Subject: Geography, History, Journalism and Mass Communication, English, Mathematics
|M.Sc||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: BSc (Hons) with the relevant subject from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50%
Subject: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Information Technology
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
|LLM||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: LLB or equivalent degree from a recognized university
Read More: FMU Balasore Courses & Fee
Fakir Mohan University Admission
Fakir Mohan University admissions are conducted via the official website of the university. The admission process for all PG courses provided by the university is the same.
Admission to all PG courses is based on the scores obtained in the common entrance exam PGCET conducted by the higher education department.
The candidates of MBA and MCA are selected through the marks obtained by the candidates in Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE).
Admission to integrated B.Ed and M.Ed courses is based on career marks.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website
- Download the application form
- Fill in the required details
- Apply for the desired course at the university office
- Pay the application fees through DD in favor of Fakir Mohan University.
Read More: FMU Balasore Admission
The University follows a semester system for examination. The odd semester examinations are conducted in the month of February-March. The even semester examinations are conducted in the month of July-August. The result is then declared in the month of December.
To check the exam pattern, visit the official site, click on examinations, then click on exam schedule, here the candidate can find a list of schedule of exams for the concerned subjects.
The candidates can access their result directly through the official website. To see the results, follow the given steps:
- Visit the official site.
- Click on examination.
- Click on the examination schedule.
- Select the result of the course.
- Here, the candidate can download the result.
Read More: FMU Results
FMU Admit Card
The candidates require to admit cards to appear for the examinations. The admit card can be directly accessed from the university website. Students can access the admit card from official website using the following steps:
- Visit the official site.
- Click on examination.
- Click on the examination schedule.
- Select students admit card generation.
- Here, the candidate can download the admit card.
Fakir Mohan University Placements
Fakir Mohan University has a placement cell for imparting training and placement assistance to the students. The cell also provides personality development classes to the students preparing them for national-level job-oriented programs.
In the year 2020, the University got direct placements in top companies like HDFC Bank, Aditi Technologies, Aspiring Minds, and many more.
- Highest Salary: INR 2.04 lacs per annum
- Average Salary: INR 1.8 lacs per annum
Read More: FMU Balasore Placement
Fakir Mohan University Scholarships
The students of Fakir Mohan University are awarded various types of scholarships.
- The students are awarded scholarships based on the result of +3 exams in Arts/ Science/ Commerce by the National Councils and State Government.
- PG Merit Scholarship and Loan stipend is awarded to the students pursuing PG courses in the University Department by the State Government.
- Scholarships are also awarded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of Odisha to the meritorious students in Biotechnology.
Read More: FMU Balasore Scholarships
Fakir Mohan University Facilities
- Hostel: The University has separate hostels for gents and ladies. There are a total of six hostels which include two gents’ hostels and four ladies’ hostels in the New Campus, Nuapadhi for the students of the University.
- Library: The Library fulfills all the educational and research needs of the academic community. Presently, the library approximately has 49,000 books with 200 back volumes of periodicals. eShodh and Sindhu consortium and PROQUEST provides online journals and other resources. For the large academic community of the University, the library has been modernized to provide computerized services. There are also three special galleries showcasing the personal works and collections of eminent personalities.
- Wi-Fi: The University campus is equipped fully with Wi-fi providing high-speed internet connectivity for all the students, teachers, and other staff of the University
- Sports Complex: The sports and game activities of the students are taken care of by the PG Council. The university has Cricket Ground, Volleyball Court, Badminton Court, Multi gym, Basket Ball Ground, and Indoor Sports Complex. A physical education Officer is appointed to instruct the students.
Read More: FMU Balasore Hostel
Fakir Mohan University Faculty
The institute has PH.D. and M.Phil degree owners as faculties. All the teachers are well-knowledged and supportive towards students. Prof. Madhumita Das is the vice chancellor of the institute.
Some of the top faculties are:
- Dr. Ashanta R. Routray, LECTURER (DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE), M.E., Ph.D.
- Dr. Bibekananda Nayak, LECTURER (DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS), B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D., NET GATE
- Prof. Bishnu Prasad Dash, PROFESSOR (DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY), B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Dr. Bhaskar Behera, LECTURER (DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY), B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.
Read More: FMU Balasore Faculty
Fakir Mohan University FAQs
Ques. When does the admission process for Fakir Mohan University start?
Ques. Is the offline mode of registration allowed?
Ques. What documents are required for the admission process?
- Mark-sheets and Passing certificate
- Income Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Admit card
- DOB Proof
Ques. How many forms to be filled for applying for more than one course?
Ques. Are distance learning courses available?
Ques. If a candidate misses out on the viva of M.Phil will he still be eligible for admission?
Ques. What are the eligibility and fees for the BCA course at FM university?
Ans. The course fee for the BCA course is INR 30,000. The course duration is 3 years. The eligibility is 10+2.
Ques. What is the mode of payment for the University?
Ans. The payment can be either done online or through Demand Draft (DD) only. The Candidate should submit the receipt of the fees paid online or by DD along with the admission form and documents for direct admission into the chosen course. Cash is not acceptable.
Ques. When is the enrollment not assigned to the students?
Ans. The enrollment no is assigned to the students by the University after the verification of documents and receipt of requisite fees.
Ques. Does the university provide any study material for DDE students at Fakir Mohan University?
Ans. Yes, the University provides all the study material which contains audio and video materials for better clarification and understanding of the course material. These materials along with the playing equipment are available. These programs are played on fixed days as per time table.