Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University - [GADVASU] Quick Updates
The Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) is one of the leading institutes of its kind in India. The university provides excellent quality teaching and research facility to its students. It educates and trains students on livestock production, health and prevention of the diseases among the animals.
- Located in Ludhiana, Punjab
- The university was established by an act of the Punjab Legislature No. 16 of 2005 notified in the Punjab Government Gazette on 9th August, 2005
- It was a part of Punjab Agricultural University
- The main objective of setting up this university was to groom trained veterinary professionals by providing them high quality education so that they can be a part of the nation’s growth
- The university always aims to prepare Master’s and Doctorate level specialists who can fulfill the needs of the needs of the State Government and the other agencies across the nation
- The university always encourages its students to carry on research work in several areas of veterinary and animal science so that they can tackle the issues related to it quite successfully
- The university also provides consultancy and counseling services to its clients.
- The university is also emphasizes on running “Referral” hospitals so that they can treat the animals and can also provide clinical training to the students of the university
There are several constituent Institutes are associated with the university. They are as follows,
- College of Veterinary Science
- College of Dairy Science and Technology
- College of Fisheries
- PGIVER - Post Graduate Institute of Veterinary Education and Research
- Remote Veterinary Corps
- National Service Scheme
- National Cadet Corps
- The library is computerized and automated of its operations and it provides the facility of Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
- The university library has also subscribed to 11 foreign journals, 7 Indian journals
- Library has procured 20 e-books for the academic community of GADVASU.
- The library provides access to about 3400 journals in the broad spectrum of Agricultural Sciences including Veterinary Sciences and allied subjects through the Consortium for electronic Resources in Agriculture (CeRA).
- The university has three hostels for boys and one girsls hostel separately with a capacity to accommodate 400 boys and around 140 girl students.
- The facility is available for all out-station under graduates and post graduate students.
- Every hostel inmate is provided with a study table, chair and an almirah. In addition every hostel has amenities including Mess, Canteen, TV room, recreational facilities such as indoor and outdoor games
Veterinary Teaching Hospital
There is a well-equipped Veterinary Teaching Hospital inside the university campus which provides excellent and specialized treatment for the animals. The university has also a dairy and a poultry farm to help the researchers in their research process.
Veterinary College Complex
The university has several complexes and clinics for the animals. The names of farms are as follows,
- Animal Science Complex
- Silver Jubilee Clinical Complex : (Large Animal Clinic & Small Animal Clinic)
- Dr. G.S. Sidhu Animal Nutrition Center
- Experimental Animaland Breeding Farms: ( Breeding farms for Dairy, Poultry and Goat, Veterinary Experimental Animal Farm, Instructional Animal Farm)
- Veterinary Post mortem Hall and experimental herd for infectious diseases complex
- Animal Disease Research Center
- Computer Center
- Veterinary Students Hostel complex
The university provides scholarships for the meritorious students. The scholarships are as follows,
- University Scholarships
- Marketing Board Scholarships
- National Talent Scholarships