Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) is an institute having status of deemed university, located in Sangrur district of Punjab. The journey of university began in 1989 when the institute was established by Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD), Govt. of India and was formally inaugurated on 20th December 1991. The university offers degree and postgraduate degree programs in engineering
- Degree Programs at the institute were introduced in 1993 and Postgraduate Programs were started in 2002.
- All Degree Programs got accredited by the AICTE in 2003.
- SLIET became Deemed to be University in 2006 by the recognition from UGC
- SLIET is accredited by NBA and NAAC
- The institute has a sprawling area of 451 acres of land provided by Punjab Government.
- The institute awards its own Certificates, Diplomas, Undergraduate and Postgraduate approved and recognized by AICTE. Ph.D. programs have also been started after it attaining status of Deemed to be University.
3 year ICD program, 2 year Diploma program, 4 year BE program, BE Lateral entry, M. Tech, MBA, M. Sc., Ph.D.
Entrance Exams Accepted
SET-1, SET-2, JEE (Main), GATE, CAT, CMAT, PU-CET
Post Matric Scholarship, Merit cum Means Scholarship, GATE Scholarship
- Central Library: The Central Library is housed in a modern building with all kinds of facilities for its best utilization. The central library is subscribing 15 daily newspapers, numerous national and international magazines & periodicals.
- Books in Library 52124
- Departmental Libraries 4582
- Books for SC/ST Students 494
- Books in Book Bank 2496
- Books for PWD Students 485
- SMS Library Books 525
Periodical / Magazines
- Periodicals and Magazines 95
- News Papers 16
Audio / Video Material
- Video Cassettes 689
- CD’s 1145
- Bank, Post Office, Telephone Exchange and Shopping Centre: A branch of Central Bank of India with ATM facility and a post office are functioning in the campus to cater the needs of the faculty, staff and the students. A moderate shopping Centre has been set-up to cater the needs of the residents
- Sports: At present, facilities are available for Table Tennis, Badminton, Swimming, Volley-Ball, Football, Hockey, Cricket, Basketball, Lawn Tennis and other indoor games. 400 meters Athletic Track is also available.
- Students Activity Centre: A modern Students Activity Centre (SAC) has 02 Squash courts; Gymnasium equipped with latest Physical Fitness Machines, indoor games such as Table Tennis, Chess & Carom etc. and is fully functional.
Research & Development: SLIET aims at conducting research in the inter-disciplinary to help solving the problems of industry and community. Some of the Projects are-
- MODROB Projects
- TAT Projects
- CSIR Projects
Extra-Curricular Activities: Students are encouraged to participate in extracurricular activities. Music and Hobbies clubs are functioning very effectively. Literary society is organizing various literary activities from time to time. Almost all the departments have their own technical societies which organize technical seminars, quizzes and other competitions in the departments to give a thrust to the development of academic potential of the students.