SLIET SET 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Result
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology Entrance Exam(SLIET SET) is a university-level test for admission to various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Certificate and Ph.D program. The exam is conducted by Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology. The exam is scheduled for June 03, 2019 for ICD, B.Tech and Lateral Entry in B.Tech.
|SLIET SET 2019 Eligibility||SLIET SET 2019 Exam Pattern||SLIET SET 2019 Admit Card||SLIET SET 2019 Counselling|
Registration for SLIET SET 2019 commenced on March 05. The institute conducts different exams for different courses which are as follows:
|SLIET Entrance Test-I (SET-I)||Integrated Certificate Diploma (ICD)|
|SLIET Entrance Test-IA (SET-II)||for B.Tech|
|SLIET Entrance Test-III (SET-III)||Lateral Entry in B.Tech|
|SLIET Entrance Test-IV (SET-IV)||M.Tech, M.Sc and M.B.A|
|SLIET Entrance Test-V (SET-V)||Ph.D. Programs|
- SLIET SET 2019 will have objective-type questions of 1 marks each. The duration of the test is 2.5 hoursn for SET I/I-A/III and 2 hours for SET V.
- The exam pattern is different for each program. Admission into B.Tech, MBA and M.Tech Program will be through JEE Mains, CAT and GATE scores respectively.
- SLIET SET 2019 Result will be declared on or before June 12 for SET I/I-A/III. Candidates will be ranked based on their SLIET SET Score and subsequently invited for counselling procedure.
Highlights of SLIET SET 2019
|Exam Name||SLIET SET|
|Conducting Body||Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Punjab|
|Mode of Exam||Paper Pen|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||150 minutes|
|Courses Offered||UG and PG|
01672-253178 , 253179 , +91-7347205649
SLIET SET 2019 Important Dates
Candidates must note the following important dates that are applicable to SLIET SET 2019:
|Commencement of Registration||March 05, 2019|
|Last date to submit the Application Form (SET-I/SET-IA/SET-III)||May 07, 2019|
|Last date to submit the Application Form (SET-V & PG)||June 11, 2019|
|Last date for Modification/correction of information||May 08, 2019|
|Availablility of Admit Card||May 25, 2019|
|Exam Date(SET-I/SET-IA/SET-III)||June 03, 2019|
|Exam Date of Ph.D. Programme (SET-V)||July 01, 2019|
|Result Declaration of SET-I/SET-IA/SET-III||June 12, 2019|
|Result Declaration of M.B.A. & Ph.D.||July 20, 2019|
|First Phase (SET-I, SET-IA,SET-III & SET-V) Choice Filling||June 14 – 18, 2019|
|Second Phase SET-I (ICD) & SET-III Choice Filling||July 13 – 14, 2019|
|Spot Round ICD- SET-I||July 31, 2019|
|Spot Round SET-III||July 30, 2019|
|Spot Round for SET-III||August 08, 2019|
SLIET SET 2019 Official Notification
SLIET SET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- There is no stated age limit to be eligible for the exam
A candidate must have fulfill the stated criteria to be eligible for SLIET SET 2019:
|ICD 3 years||Passed class X exam or appearing for it.|
|ICD (Lateral Entry)|
2 year ITI/ Certificate/ 10+2(Vocational) with two year recognised industrial experience
|B.E (4 years degree course)||The eligibility criteria for JEE (main) will be applicable|
|B.E (Lateral entry)||Passed a diploma course with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for reserved categories). Students in their final year who are appearing for the final exam can also apply.|
|M. Tech Program||Possess a valid B. Tech / B.E / B.Sc (Engg) degree with at least 60% marks (55% for reserved categories) along with a valid GATE score.|
|MBA Programme||Possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) with a valid CAT/CMAT score|
|M.Sc Program||Possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 55% marks (50% in case of reserved categories) in the subject applying for.|
|Ph.D Program||Possess a Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / Science / Humanities / Management with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) in relevant disciplines.|
SLIET SET 2019 Reservation
SLIET SET reserves certain number of seats for candidates of reserved categories. The seat reservation is as follows:
|Other backward classes||27%|
How to fill SLIET SET 2019 Application Form?
Last Date to Apply- May 07, 2019 for (SET-I/SET-IA/SET-III); June 11, 2019 for (SET-V & PG)
The step-wise process to apply for the exam is given below:
- Visit the official website sliet.net.in
- Click on Proceed for Registration SET on the home page.
- Click on New Registration and Proceed
- Read the given instructions carefully and click on Next and I agree
- Fill in the following information asked:
- Personal Details
- Course Applying for
- Test Center Choice (Top 4 preference)
- Communication and Contact Details
- Click on “Save and Proceed”
- Review the application form and Click on ”Confirm and Submit” if no changes are required, else edit.
- A registered form number will be generated along with the submitted password for future login. The same will be sent through sms on the given mobile number.
Uploading the Documents
- Upload the duly attested scanned images of the following documents in the stated specifications:
|Document||File Size||Dimension||File Format|
|Photograph of the Candidate||less than 300kb||width 350px X height 400px||JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG|
|Signature of the Candidate||less than 300kb||width 400px X height 100px||JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG|
|Thumb Impression||less than 300kb||width 400px X height 100px||JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG|
Payment of Application Fee
- The application fee for SLIET SET 2019 can be paid using Netbanking/Debit Card/Credit Card/E-challan. Application fee to be paid by candidates is as follows:
|General and Other Categories (Boys):||INR 1200|
|General and Other Categories (Girls)||INR 800|
|SC / ST Categories (Boys and Girls)||INR 600|
- After completing the payment, download and take a print out of the application form.
- If a candidate opts to pay application fee through E-Challan mode, he/she has to effect the payment of application fee within 48 hrs. from the date of registration.
- The Registration Page duly filled in / signed should be sent in the envelope by Registered/Speed Post only, so as to reach within one week of the last date to:
THE CHAIRMAN SET-2019
SANT LONGOWAL INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY (SLIET)
LONGOWAL – 148106 (DISTT. SANGRUR), PUNJAB
Read More about SLIET SET 2019 Registration
SLIET SET 2019 Admit Card
Availability of Admit Card- May 25, 2019
- SLIET SET 2019 Admit card can only be downloaded from the official website. No hall tickets are sent to candidates by post.
- Steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Go on the official website sliet.nic.in
- Login using valid credentials
- Download admit card and check for any discrepancies
- Take a print out if all details are correct
- In case there is any difficulty/ problem in downloading the admit, the candidates should contact the authorities before May 30, 2019.
- Candidates must take two copies of SLIET SET Admit Card. One copy must be submitted with the invigilator after the exam. The other copy must be preserved till the end of the counselling procedure.
|Information on SLIET SET admit card|
|Name of candidate||Address of examination center|
|Candidate’s father and mother name||Date of examination|
|Candidate’s date of birth||Timing of examination|
|Photograph of candidate||Roll number|
|Signature of candidate||Registration number|
Read More about SLIET SET 2019 Admit Card
SLIET SET 2019 Exam Centers
SLIET SET 2019 will be conducted in exam centers at all districts in Punjab and in cities around the country. The following is the list of the the exam cities with their codes for SLIET SET 2019:
|Code||Exam City||Code||Exam City||Code||Exam City||Code||Exam City|
SLIET SET 2019 Exam Pattern
SET I, SET I-A and SET III
Note: Candidates appearing for ICD programs can choose their language of exam as Hindi or Punjabi as well.
SET V- Ph.D Courses
The section-wsie pattern is given below:
SET I and I-A
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|English General Knowledge and Mental Aptitude||20||20|
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|English General Knowledge and Mental Aptitude||20||20|
|Basics of Engineering||80||80|
SLIET SET 2019 Syllabus
Candidates can follow the table for an outline of the SLIET SET 2019 syllabus.
|ICD (Integrated Certificate Diploma) Programme||English, General Knowledge, Mental Aptitude, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry|
|B.E (4 year degree course)||Admission for B.E will be through JEE (Main) and the syllabus will follow the JEE (main) guidelines.|
|B.E (Lateral entry)||General Knowledge, Mental Aptitude, english, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Basics of Engineering.|
|M. Tech Programme||Admission for M. Tech will be through GATE 2019 and the syllabus will follow the GATE guidelines.|
|MBA Programme||Admission for MBA will be offered to students with a valid CAT/CMAT 2019 score.|
|M. Sc Programme||Admission for M. Sc will be through CCMN 2019 and the syllabus will follow the CCMN guidelines.|
|Ph.D Programme||The syllabus will differ depending on the stream in which the candidate is choosing the Ph.D programme.|
Read More about SLIET SET Syllabus
SLIET SET 2019 Result
Release of SLIET SET 2019 Result- For Set I/I-A/III June 12, 2019; For MBA and Set V: July 20; 2019
- The scorecard can be download from the official website.
- Steps to download SLIET SET 2019 Score Card:
- Go to the official website of SLIET SET 2019
- Login using form number and password
- View/download scorecard
- Print scorecard
- Based on the marks obtained by all candidates in the entrance exam, a merit/rank list will be prepared by the concerned authorities.
- Candidates who get their names in the merit list will be eligible for counselling for seat allotment.
In case two or more candidates secure the same SLIET SET 2019 score , following criteria will be followed to rank the candidates:
- Age will be considered i.e. older candidate will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still persists, candidate with higher marks in qualifying exam will be given preference.
Read More about SLIET SET 2019 Result
SLIET SET 2019 Counselling
- Online counselling will be held for all the programs (except for MBA and Ph.D).
- For Ph.D. programs offline counselling will take place in July 23, 2019 and qualified candidates have to appear personally on the day of counselling and bring original documents with them.
- Candidates will be given provisional allotment of seats after which their documents will be verified.
- The provisional seats allotted to candidates will be cancelled if the candidate fails to get their documents verified and fee deposited during the stipulated period of time.
- If a candidate fails to take part in the counselling in time due to some reason, he / she can take part in the next available counselling session.
- Candidates will be required to submit a copy of the fee deposit receipt and obtain a final seat allotment card after all documents have been verified and fees have been deposited to complete the admission process.
SLIET Fee Structure
Given below is the fee structure for various programs offered by SLIET for the academic year 2019-19:
For Indian Nationals:
|ICD (3 Year)||INR 29000|
|PG (M.Tech, MBA)||INR 44000|
|PG (M.Sc)||INR 40500|
|Ph.D (Full Time)||INR 30000|
|Ph.D (Part Time)||INR 27000|
For Foreign Nationals and NRI:
|ICD||USD 2250 (USD 1450 for SAARC countries)|
|B.E/M.Tech||USD 8000 (USD 450 for SAARC countries)|
SLIET Fee Waiver Scheme and Scholarship
Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme
- 5 % seats supernumerary in nature under Tuition Fee Waiver(TFW) scheme are provided for Women, Physically handicapped and Other Eligible (Economically Weak) students.
- Sons and daughters of parents (Father & Mother both) whose annual income is less than Rs.6.00 lakhs are only eligible.
- The waiver is limited to the Tuition Fee only. All other Fee except Tuition Fee is to be paid by the beneficiary student.
Post Matric Scholarships
- This scheme is for scheduled caste (SC) candidates.
- Benefitof reduced payment/deposit of fee at the time of admission and thereafter under this scheme is for candidates of Punjab Domicile having income less than or up to 2.5 lacs.
- Such students have to apply for this scholarship in proper format in due course of time just after the admission.
- Other SC students can apply through respective mode/agency as applicable.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College