Table of Contents
SLIET SET 2020 Application Form (Available), Exam Dates, Pattern and Result
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology Entrance Exam (SLIET SET) is a university-level test for admission to various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Certificate and Ph.D. program. The exam will be conducted on May 31, 2020.
Latest: SLIET SET 2020 Application Form has been available on the official website – Apply Here
- The exam consisted of objective-type questions of 150 marks.
- Candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria of the exam. Check SLIET SET Eligibility
- The duration of the test will be 2.5 hours for SET I/I-A/III and 2 hours for SET V.
- Candidates were ranked based on their SLIET SET Score and subsequently invited for counselling procedure.
- The admit card comprised of candidates’ all the information like roll number, exam centers, subject code, dates etc. Check SLEIT SET Exam Centers
- SLIET SET 2020 Result will be declared on June 6, 2020 for SET I/I-A/III.
The exam conducted for admission to various programmes tabulated below:
|Course Name||Entrance Test|
|3 year ICD Programme||SET – I|
|ICD – Lateral Entry||SET – 1A|
|B.E.(Lateral Entry)||SET – III|
|B.E.(4 Year)||JEE(Main) – 2020/SET|
|M. Tech Programme||Valid GATE Score/SET|
|M.B.A.||Score corresponding year Valid GATE/CAT/CMAT2020/SET|
|M.Sc.||CCMN/PU-CET (PG)- 2020/JAM2020/CUCET-2020/SET|
|Ph.D. ( Full Time)||SET-V|
Note: In case, the seats remain vacant in any of the above programmes the institute conducts its own entrance test at SLIET SET only.
SLIET SET 2020 Important Dates
Candidates must check the important dates that are applicable to SLIET SET 2020:
|SLIET SET 2020 Events||Important Dates|
|SLIET SET Application Process Begins||Ongoing|
|Last date for Modification/correction of information||May 10, 2020|
|Last date to submit SLIET SET Application Form for BE (Lateral Entry)||May 6, 2020|
|SLIET SET Admit card availability||May 25, 2020|
|SLIET SET Exam for BE (Lateral Entry)||May 31, 2020|
|SLIET SET Answer Key Release||First week of June 2020|
|SLIET SET Result announcement||June 6, 2020|
|SLIET Online Counselling And Document Verification - Phase First||June 9 – 11, 2020|
|SLIET Online Counselling And Document Verification - Phase Second||July 2 – 3, 2020|
Highlights of SLIET SET 2020
|Exam Name||SLIET SET|
|Conducting Body||Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Punjab|
|Mode of Exam||Paper Pen (offline)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||150 minutes|
|Courses Offered||UG and PG|
01672-253178 , 253179 , +91-7347205649
SLIET SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- There is no stated age limit to be eligible for the exam
A candidate must have fulfill the stated criteria to be eligible for SLIET SET 2020:
|ICD 3 years||Passed class X exam or appearing for it.|
|ICD (Lateral Entry)||2 year ITI/ Certificate/ 10+2(Vocational) with two year recognised industrial experience|
|B.E (4 years degree course)||The eligibility criteria for JEE (main) is applicable|
|B.E (Lateral entry)||Passed a diploma course with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for reserved categories). Students in their final year who are appearing for the final exam can also apply.|
|M. Tech Program||Possess a valid B. Tech / B.E / B.Sc (Engg) degree with at least 60% marks (55% for reserved categories) along with a valid GATE score.|
|MBA Programme||Possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) with a valid CAT/CMAT score|
|M.Sc Program||Possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 55% marks (50% in case of reserved categories) in the subject applying for.|
|Ph.D Program||Possess a Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / Science / Humanities / Management with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) in relevant disciplines.|
SLIET SET 2020 Reservation
SLIET SET reserves certain number of seats for candidates of reserved categories. The seat reservation criteria is as follows:
|Other backward classes||27%|
How to fill SLIET SET 2020 Application Form?
The step-wise process to apply for the exam is given below:
- Visit the official website sliet.net.in
- Click on Proceed for Registration SET on the home page.
- Click on New Registration and Proceed
- Read the given instructions carefully and click on Next and I agree.
- Fill in the following information asked:
- Personal Details
- Course Applying for
- Test Center Choice (Top 4 preference)
- Communication and Contact Details
- Click on “Save and Proceed”
- Review the application form and Click on ”Confirm and Submit” if no changes are required, else edit.
- A registered form number will be generated along with the submitted password for future login. The same will be sent through sms on the given mobile number.
Uploading the Documents
- Upload the duly attested scanned images of the following documents in the stated specifications:
|Document||File Size||Dimension||File Format|
|Photograph of the Candidate||less than 300kb||width 350px X height 400px||JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG|
|Signature of the Candidate||less than 300kb||width 400px X height 100px||JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG|
|Thumb Impression||less than 300kb||width 400px X height 100px||JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG|
Payment of Application Fee
- The application fee for SLIET SET 2020 can be paid using Netbanking/Debit Card/Credit Card/E-challan. Application fee for all categories is as follows:
|General and Other Categories (Boys):||INR 1500|
|General and Other Categories (Girls)||INR 1000|
|SC / ST Categories (Boys and Girls)||INR 750|
- After completing the payment, download and take a print out of the application form.
- If a candidate opts to pay application fee through E-Challan mode, he/she has to effect the payment of application fee within 48 hours from the date of registration.
- The Registration Page duly filled in / signed should be sent in the envelope by Registered/Speed Post only, so as to reach within one week of the last date to:
The Chairman Set-2020
Sant Longowal Institute Of Engineering & Technology (SLIET)
Longowal – 148106 (Distt. Sangrur), Punjab
Read More about SLIET SET 2020 Registration
SLIET SET 2020 Admit Card
- SLIET SET 2020 Admit card could be downloaded from May 25, 2020 from the official website. No hall tickets are sent to candidates by post.
- Steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Go on the official website sliet.nic.in
- Login using valid credentials
- Download admit card and check for any discrepancies
- Take a print out if all details are correct
- In case there is any difficulty/ problem in downloading the admit, the candidates should contact the authorities before May 30, 2020.
- Candidates must take two copies of SLIET SET Admit Card. One copy must be submitted with the invigilator after the exam. The other copy must be preserved till the end of the counselling procedure.
|Information on SLIET SET admit card|
|Name of candidate||Address of examination center|
|Candidate’s father and mother name||Date of examination|
|Candidate’s date of birth||Timing of examination|
|Photograph of candidate||Roll number|
|Signature of candidate||Registration number|
Read More about SLIET SET 2020 Admit Card
SLIET SET 2020 Exam Centers
The exam will be conducted in 38 exam cities in India. The following is the list of the the exam cities with their codes for SLIET SET 2020:
|Code||Exam City||Code||Exam City||Code||Exam City||Code||Exam City|
SLIET SET 2020 Exam Pattern
SET I, SET I-A and SET III
Check section wise marking scheme of SET I and I-A given below:
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|-||For SET I and IA||For SET III|
|English General Knowledge and Mental Aptitude||20||20||20||20|
|Basics of Engineering||-||-||80||80|
Note: Candidates appeared for ICD programs could choose their language of exam as Hindi or Punjabi as well.
SET V- Ph.D Courses
SLIET SET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can follow the table for an outline of the SLIET SET 2020 syllabus.
|ICD (Integrated Certificate Diploma) Programme||English, General Knowledge, Mental Aptitude, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry|
|B.E (4 year degree course)||Admission for B.E is through JEE (Main) and the syllabus will follow the JEE (main) guidelines.|
|B.E (Lateral entry)||General Knowledge, Mental Aptitude, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Basics of Engineering.|
|M. Tech Programme||Admission for M. Tech is through GATE 2020 and the syllabus follows the GATE guidelines.|
|MBA Programme||Admission for MBA is offered to students with a valid CAT/CMAT score.|
|M. Sc Programme||Admission for M. Sc is through CCMN 2020 and the syllabus follows the CCMN guidelines.|
|Ph.D Programme||The syllabus varies depending on the stream in which the candidate is choosing the Ph.D programme.|
Read More about SLIET SET Syllabus
SLIET SET 2020 Result
Release of SLIET SET 2020 Result- For Set I/I-A/III June 6, 2020; For MBA and Set V: July 19, 2020
- The scorecard can be download from the official website.
- Steps to download SLIET SET 2020 Score Card:
- Go to the official website of SLIET SET 2020
- Login using form number and password
- View/download scorecard
- Print scorecard
- Based on the marks obtained by all candidates in the entrance exam, a merit/rank list will be prepared by the concerned authorities.
- Candidates who get their names in the merit list will be eligible for counselling for seat allotment.
In case two or more candidates secure the same SLIET SET 2020 score , following criteria will be followed to rank the candidates:
- Age will be considered i.e. older candidate will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still persists, candidate with higher marks in qualifying exam will be given preference.
Read More about SLIET SET 2020 Result
SLIET SET 2020 Counselling
- Online counselling has been commenced for all the programs (except for MBA and Ph.D).
- For Ph.D. programs offline counselling will take place on July 23, 2020 and qualified candidates had to appear personally on the day of counselling and bring original documents with them.
- Candidates are given provisional allotment of seats after which their documents are verified.
- The provisional seats allotted to candidates will be cancelled if the candidate fails to get their documents verified and fee deposited during the stipulated period of time.
- If a candidate fails to take part in the counselling in time due to some reason, he / she can take part in the next available counselling session.
- Candidates are required to submit a copy of the fee deposit receipt and obtain a final seat allotment card after all documents have been verified and fees have been deposited to complete the admission process.
SLIET Fee Structure
Given below is the fee structure for various programs offered by SLIET for the academic year 2020 – 20:
For Indian Nationals:
|ICD (3 Year)||INR 29000|
|PG (M.Tech, MBA)||INR 44000|
|PG (M.Sc)||INR 40500|
|Ph.D (Full Time)||INR 30000|
|Ph.D (Part Time)||INR 27000|
For Foreign Nationals and NRI:
|ICD||USD 2250 (USD 1450 for SAARC countries)|
|B.E/M.Tech||USD 8000 (USD 450 for SAARC countries)|
SLIET Fee Waiver Scheme and Scholarship
Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme
- 5% seats supernumerary in nature under Tuition Fee Waiver(TFW) scheme are provided for Women, Physically handicapped and Other Eligible (Economically Weak) students.
- Only Candidates whose parents’ (Father & Mother both) annual income is less than Rs.6.00 lakhs are eligible.
- The waiver is limited to the Tuition Fee only. All other Fee except Tuition Fee is to be paid by the beneficiary student.
Post Matric Scholarships
- This scheme is for scheduled caste (SC) candidates.
- Benefitof reduced payment/deposit of fee at the time of admission and thereafter under this scheme is for candidates of Punjab Domicile having income less than or up to 2.5 lacs.
- Such students have to apply for this scholarship in proper format in due course of time just after the admission.
- Other SC students can apply through respective mode/agency as applicable.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College