Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University (SGGSWU) is located in Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab. It offers a wide array of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses like B.Tech, M.Tech, B.C.A, M.C.A, P.G.D.C.A, B.Sc., M.Sc. B.Com., M.Com., BBA, MBA BA, MA, PhD and many more.
Admission to these courses is strictly merit-based. For B. Tech, 25% seats shall be filled through JEE score. For MBA, CMAT score shall be the criteria for 25% seats and for M.Tech, 25% seats shall be filled on the basis of percentile in GATE.
As per latest updates, UG, PG, PhD application forms have been released for SGGSWU Admission 2021, apply now.
A vast number of companies visit the campus to recruit students. Every year the campus witnesses a wonderful placement season with a large number of companies recruiting students. Some of these are Vserv Solutions, Cadbury, Bonn Foods, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank and Nestle.
The college has facilities like Hostel, Library, Transport, Cafeteria, and Medical facilities.
|Recognized by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Mains, CMAT, GATE|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, B.Tech lateral entry, B.Tech- M.Tech integrated, M.Tech, MBA, PhD , Diploma, MA, B.Sc., M.Sc., B.Com., BBA, M.Com., BA B.Ed., B.P.Ed, B.P.E.S, M.P.Ed, BCA, MCA, PGDCA|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, B.Tech lateral entry, B.Tech- M.Tech integrated, M.Tech, MBA, PhD|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based & Entrance exam|
|Top recruiters||Cadbury, Weikfield, HDFC Bank, Vserv Solutions, Just Dial|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Library, Transport, Cafeteria, Medical facilities|
SGGSWU Courses Offered
The institute offers multiple courses like B.Tech, B.Tech-M.Tech integrated, M.Tech, MBA, and Ph.D. Following are the course details:
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years
Subjects: Biotechnology, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Food Processing and Technology, Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility criteria: Candidate must have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks in PCM/ PCB and English from a recognized board
|B.Tech- M.Tech Integrated||Duration: 5 years
Subjects: Computer Science and Engineering, Food Processing and Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering
Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must have scored minimum 50% aggregate in 10+2 exams from a recognized board (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Handicapped)
|M.Tech.||Duration: 2 years
Subjects: Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility Criteria: candidate must have completed B.E/ B.Tech im a relevant subject by scoring at least 50% aggregate marks
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Subjects: Financial Markets, Healthcare Management, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Marketing/ Finance/ Human Resource
Eligibility Criteria: The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline and must have scored minimum 50% marks
|Ph.D.||Eligibility criteria: Candidate must hold a Master’s degree with minimum 55% marks or at least 5.5 out of 10 CGPA OR M.Phil degree
Subjects: Religious studies, Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology, Commerce and Management, Education, Physical Education, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Electronics, Food Processing Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Punjabi, English, Law, Physiotherapy, Economics, History, Sociology
Check SGGSWU Courses & Fees
Admissions to SGGSWU are75% merit based and 25% Entrance-based. To apply for the same the candidates need to follow the mentioned steps:
For B.Tech,75% seats shall be filled on the basis of merit in qualifying examination from recognized board and 25% seats shall be filled on the basis of JEE Merit.
For M.Tech,75% seats shall be filled on the basis of merit in qualifying examination from recognized board and 25% seats shall be filled on the basis of GATE percentile.
For MBA, 75% seats shall be filled on the basis of merit in qualifying examination from recognized board and 25% seats shall be filled on the basis of CMAT rank.
Admission to Ph.D. will be granted on the basis of merit in Entrance Test followed by Interview conducted by the university.
- Candidates need to visit the website and fill in the application form.
- After filling in the required details, candidates need to pay the registration fee.
- Candidates need to visit the official website of the college- sggswu.edu.in or sggswu.in.
- After filling the form, the candidate must send it along with demand draft of Rs. 500/- in favour of Registrar, SGGSWU, Fatehgarh Sahib payable at Fategarh Sahib at the following address:
Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University
Opposite Jyoti Sarup Gurudwara
Fategarh Sahib- 140407
- The candidates can also make a payment of Rs. 500/- and receive prospectus from SGGSWU campus after which they will have to submit the application form and deposit the fee for the enrolled course at the admission office.
- Another option is to call toll free number 1800 180 2803 or email at email@example.com or SMS (Space) Your Name (Space) Course to “7009648231”
Read More: SGGSWU Admission
Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University has a quite impressive placement record. They have a training and placement department which keeps in touch with the reputed firms and companies and brings in job opportunities for students.
It helps the students from their induction and orientation, internships, projects (mid- term) to their placements and even beyond that.
- During the Career fair organized by the University in 2019, 15+ companies visited the campus on a single day and recruited more than 125 students.
- More than 400 companies have visited the campus for placement drive. Some of these companies are Delmonte, Baani Milk, DHFL, Cadbury, Nestle, Bonn Foods, Weikfield, Vivo Mobiles, Vserv Solutions, Just Dial, HDFC Bank, Yes Bank, Cord Life Sciences, Vodafone and HF Super.
- The highest package offered had been 13 LPA.
The department also organizes Guest Lectures, Seminars, Workshops, Live Projects, and Industry Visits to help the students understand the business corporate environment. Every week, Special Personality Development classes are conducted to guide the students with their communication skills, body language, CV writing etc.
Read More: SGGSWU Placements
Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University offers several scholarships to the needy and meritorious students. These are:
Sri Guru Granth Sahib Scholarship Scheme
This scholarship is offered to 10% needy and meritorious students in all courses. Scholarships for 5% seats shall be offered in each class for the respective course in which the scholarship amount equal to the total tuition fee shall be for 2.5% seats and the other 2.5% seats shall be offered a scholarship amount equal to 25% to 50% of tuition fee.
Both these categories are separately available for both Gursikh and Gursikh and non- Gursikh students (5% for Gursikh and 5% for Gursikh and non- Gursikh students).
Scholarship/ Fee Waiver Scheme for Meritorious students
This scholarship is provided based on the marks secured in the qualifying examination. There is no limit of income for awarding this scholarship.
Minority Community Scholarships
This scheme is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious and poor students belonging to minority communities like Sikhs, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists and Parsis.
This scheme is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious and poor students belonging to minority communities whose parent’s income is less than Rs. 2.5 l.p.a for technical and professional courses.
Post Matric Scholarships
This scheme is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious and poor students belonging to minority communities whose parent’s income is less than Rs. 2 l.p.a for arts and humanities, science and commerce courses.
Maulana Azad National Fellowship
This scheme is to provide fellowships to students of minority communities whose parent’s or guardian’s income is less than 2.5 l.p.a for pursuing higher studies like M.Phil and PhD.
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Scheduled Caste Students
The Punjab Government provides this scholarship to Punjab Domicile students belonging to Scheduled castes/ Scheduled Tribes.
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for other Backward Class Students
The Punjab Government provides this scholarship to Punjab Domicile students belonging to Backward/ other backward classes.
Read More: SGGSWU Scholarships
To cater to the needs of the students and staff, Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University provides a wide range of facilities such as:
- Library: SGGSWU has a library which is stacked with all kinds of academic related books.
- Laboratories & Workshops: SGGSWU provides laboratories equipped with the latest equipment.
- ERP: The students are provided with an online platform which can be accessed from their personal devices to pay fees, view results etc.
- Student Grievance Cell: SGGSWU provides a grievance cell to address the issues of the students.
- Cafeteria: There are well maintained and hygienic cafeterias which provide quality food items at reasonable prices
- Medical Facilities: The medical dispensary and the Physiotherapy OPD at the campus provide free medical services to all the students, staff and visitors.
- Banking Facilities: To enable the students to carry out banking activities without having to leave the campus, SGGSWU provides a State Bank of India branch and ATM.
- Transport: Bus facilities are provided to students and staff from Patiala, Ludhiana, Chandigarh, Rajpura, Khanna, Sirhind, Mandi Gobindgarh, Amloh, Bassi Pathana, Ropar, Chamkaur Sahib and other nearby areas.
- Hostels: SGGSWU provides separate hostels for girls and boys. The rooms are spacious and equipped with all modern facilities and infrastructure. Free internet is also provided on a sharing basis.
Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University has a highly qualified and well- experienced staff which is committed to providing quality education to its students. Each department has a professor & head and along with other highly qualified assistant professors. The number of professors (head and assistant) in each department is:
- Department of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Religious Studies: 4
- Department of Agriculture: 9
- Department of Botany and Environmental Science: 6
- Department of Chemistry: 9
- Department of Mathematics: 12
- Department of Physics: 7
- Department of Commerce and Management: 17
- Department of Education: 10
- Department of Physical Education and Sports Technology: 10
- Department of Biotechnology: 11
- Department of Computer Science: 14
- Department of Electronics Engineering: 4
- Department of Food Processing Technology: 4
- Department of Mechanical engineering: 5
- Department of Nanotechnology: 4
- Department of Punjabi: 8
- Department of English: 11
- University School of Law: 8
- Department of Physiotherapy: 8
- Department of Music: 3
- Department of Social Sciences: 3
- Department of Economics: 7
- Department of History: 4
- Department of Political Science: 5
- Department of Sociology: 4
Read More: SGGSWU Faculty
Ques. Can a candidate apply for more than one course?
Ques. Do all candidates need to appear for the entrance test for admission to PhD program?
- Those who have qualified UGC- CSIR NET (JRF)/ NET/ SLET (Punjab state)/ GATE examination.
- Holders of teacher fellowships.
- The direct awardees of Fellowships from Government Agencies like DBT/ DST/ ICMR/ ICAR/ INSPIRE/ RGNF/ MANF. However, students appointed in the projects which are sponsored by above agencies are not exempted from Entrance Test).
- Foreign students which have been sponsored by Government of India Agencies like ICCR, Ministry of HRD etc and those foreign students who have been sponsored by their respective Governments/ Embassies.
- Other foreign students residing outside India (Foreign Passport Holders) wishing to seek admission directly without any sponsorship.
Ques. What is the structure of the Admission Test for PhD?
Ans. The test will consist of two papers. Each paper shall be of 75 minutes duration.
Paper-I- This shall be common for all subjects and will consist of 60 objective type multiple choice questions. The topics shall be General Aptitude, Reasoning, Numerical/ Mental Ability, Indian Education system, Analytical skills/ Research aptitude, Environment, language Proficiency, Teaching Aptitude and any other topic covered in Paper-I of the UGC-NET.
Paper-II- this will consist of 60 objective multiple choice questions and shall be limited to the core areas related to the concerned discipline/ subject.
Ques. What are the selection criteria for PhD admission?
Ans. There shall be a fixed weight age for different stages/ components of admission:
Entrance test Marks- 70%
Interview/ Viva- Voce performance- 30%
Ques. What is the application and Entrance Test fee for PhD?