Sir Padampat Singhania University (SPSU) was established by JK Cement Nimbahera Foundation through legislation of ‘Sir Padampat Singhania University Act 2008’ by Govt. of Rajasthan. It is located on a 100-acre campus with all modern amenities. The current sanctioned intake for all courses is 380 annually, with a current strength of nearly 300 students and 54 faculty members. The current student to teacher ratio at SPSU is 14:1.
The university has two schools: School of Engineering and School of Management, both offering programs at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels. Admission to courses is granted on the basis of score obtained in the SPSAT entrance exam conducted by the university. The university has industrial and academic collaboration with Association of International Accountants, London (AIA), Chiba University of Commerce, Japan (CUC), Management Centre Innsbruck, Austria (MCI), Mendel University in Brno, Czech Republic and The University of Nebraska at Omaha, USA.
Sir Padampat Singhania University Highlights
Established | Type
2007 | Private
Affiliation and approval
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, MBA, M.Tech, Ph.D|
|Campus Area||100 acres|
Sir Padampat Singhania Rankings and Awards
The university has won several awards, the latest being ‘the best Institute for Innovative Learning’ awarded by Times Group.
Sir Padampat Singhania University, Udaipur ranked 95th in India by NIRF (SPSU has been ranked 95th amongst the top 100 categories in India and is one of the youngest institutions to be so ranked).
The Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India released the rankings of Category ‘A’ higher educational institutions of India.
Sir Padampat Singhania University Courses
|Program||Specialization||Eligibility||Tuition Fee (per annum)|
|B.Tech||Computer Science and Engineering||Pass in 10+2 Science from a recognized board (Preferably above 60%).||INR 1,70,000|
|B.Com||Commerce||Pass in 10+2 in Science / Arts / Commerce from a recognised board||INR 36,000|
|BCA||Specialization Animation and Multimedia|
Aspirants seeking admission to 3 Year Full-time BCA Program should meet the following criteria as specified by the institute.
|Applied Arts and Graphic Design|
|Interior Design and Spatial Design|
|BBA||-||Pass in 10+2 in Science, Arts or Commerce from a recognised board (Preferably above 60%)||INR 1,20,000|
|M.Tech||Computer Science and Engineering|
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering or Electronics & Communication or equivalent/ M.Sc. in Electronics or Computer Science or Physics or Mathematics/ M.C.A. as a regular student from recognized University
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering or equivalent/ M.Sc. in Electronics or Physics as a regular student from recognized University.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Production Engineering or equivalent as a regular student from a recognized University.
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|MCA||Animation and Multimedia|
- Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from recognized University and must have studied mathematics as an optional or compulsory subject either at 10+2 or graduation level.
- Pass in any recognized Bachelors's degree with mathematics. (Preferably above 50%)
|Electronics and Communication Engineering |
|MBA||Human Resource Management||Graduation in any discipline (Preferably above 60%)||INR 1,93,000|
|Ph.D||Electronics and Communication Engineering|
Post-graduate degree (preferably in the discipline concerned) from a recognized university with 55% marks
Check: SPSU Courses
Sir Padampat Singhania University Admission
All admissions to Sir Padampat Singhania University are through the Sir Padampat Singhania Admission Test (SPSAT). The candidates are required to qualify in the SPSAT conducted separately for each course. The eligible candidates seeking admission are required to fill the Admission Application Form online at SPS University website (www.spsu.ac.in) by paying Rs. 1175. Candidates have to take the SPSAT within ten days of their registration. Those who qualify in the SPSAT may visit the university personally for admission.
Sir Padampat Singhania University Placements
SPSU Udaipur has a dedicated placement cell that ensures that students get the maximum training and placement opportunities so that they can kickstart their careers. The university has had several successful placement seasons over the last few years. The academic years 2018 and 2019 saw 100% placements consecutively. The highest package received was worth INR 8 LPA, offered by the Indian Army, followed by a package worth INR 6.5 LPA by Hitachi India Ltd. The average salary for the placements overall was INR 4.5 LPA.
Mentioned below is a chart representing the placement percentage at SPSU over the years:
Check: SPSU Placement
Sir Padampat Singhania University Facilities
SPSU offers students a number of world-class facilities and modern infrastructure across the campus. Students are offered the following provisions:
- Labs: The university houses state of the art classrooms and laboratories to students for better and more interactive learning. The labs and classrooms are all fully equipped and smartly planned.
- Library: The University Library is well stocked with a collection of printed and digital reading material on various disciplines. Books are available for reading and issuing purposes.
- Hostel: Accommodation is available with 6 boys hostels and 3 girls hostels, all equipped with necessary facilities such as Internet, TV, Newspapers, Magazines, table tennis board, badminton court, etc. Laundry provisions are also available to all residents.
- Food: Mess is available in all hostels. Apart from this, the Food Court comprises of Snacks Bar and Happinezz (Ice Cream Parlour), which provides delicious and quality foods like burger, pizza, rolls, tea, coffee, cold drinks, fruit juice etc. to students and staff of SPS University.
- Health Care: The university has a functional dispensary with a resident medical attendant is available 24 X 7 in the University premises to provide medical aid to the residents. The University has an ambulance for 24 X 7 emergency. The University has also tied up with the leading hospitals of the city.
- ATM: The university houses a Bank of Baroda ATM at the university entrance for easy access to Bank Accounts.
Check: SPSU Hostel
Sir Padampat Singhania University Faculty
SPSU has a strong faculty of 54 members who are all highly qualified and experienced. More than 60% of the faculty consists of Ph.D. holders from reputed universities, and are extremely accomplished in their respective disciplines. The faculty at Sir Padampat Singhania University consists of the Dean, professors and assistant professors. Members of the faculty are very cooperative towards students and encourage them in all aspects. They also follow innovative and effective methods of teaching, so that students can have more clarification of concepts.
Check: SPSU Faculty
Sir Padampat Singhania University FAQs
Ques. How is SPSU?
Ans. SPSU is one of the leading private universities that provide excellent management and engineering education to students. The university offers the best in class infrastructure and faculty, as well as several other provisions for accommodation, food, healthcare, sports and more. The university offers many different amenities for extracurriculars as well, including events like Panache -Technical Fest, Orions – Fresher’s Day, Eminence – Sports week, guest lectures etc. There are different grounds for cricket, football and volleyball and courts for badminton and basketball. The university has several sports clubs that conduct events round the year. There is a Sports Board which monitors the activities of all the sports clubs. SPSU also has an active placement cell that conducts regular placements annually.
Ques. Does SPSU provide any scholarships to students?
Ans. SPSU offers several scholarships depending upon merit which is up to 100% tuition fee waiver. Scholarships are based on students’ academic excellence in each semester Scholarship is offered in terms of tuition fee waiver. SPSU has offered and given over Rs. 5 crores in scholarship so far including Three-tier merit scholarships: 100% tuition fees waiver; 90% tuition fees waiver and 70% tuition fees waiver. Scholarships for economically challenged students is also offered.
Ques. How are the placements at SPSU?
Ans. The university has a dedicated training and placement cell that works to bridge the gap between the industry and the institute. There are annual placements where some of the most reputed companies in the industry recruit students from the university and offer them several job profiles with good salary packages. The last two years have seen 100% placements with all registered students getting placed. Last year’s highest offered package was worth INR 8 LPA.