Rajasthan University Quick Updates
- May 24: M.Ed, M.Sc Results published. Check Here
- May 10: BBA, MPA, M.Phil Results published. Check Here
- May 7: Online classes will be held for 5-year Law program students, as per the guidelines issued by BCI.
- May 6: M.SC. Physics I Semester Exam Results are out. Check Here
- May 1: M.Tech, M.Sc and MA Results are out. Check Here
- April 28: M.Sc. (Environmental Science) I Semester Results are out now.
- April 14: Rajasthan University postponed all semester exam until further notice.
Rajasthan University Jaipur is a State University established in the year 1947 in the name of the University of Rajputana. The University is located in Jaipur, Rajasthan and is approved by the University Grants Commission of India (UGC). It offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Certificate, and Doctoral Programs through its Constituent and Affiliated Colleges. Rajasthan University admissions are either based on Merit or an Entrance Exam conducted by the University. The University also has an active placement cell, focuses on students’ employability.
Rajasthan University Highlights
University-level: URATPG, RULET, and ULET
National-level: NET, GATE, SLET, and DST
State-level: PIM MAT
|Types of Programs||UG, PG, M.Phil., Ph.D., & Diploma|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
Rajasthan University Undergraduate Courses and Eligibility
RU offers undergraduate and Integrated courses in the field of Arts, Commerce, Education, Engineering & Technology, Fine Arts, Law, Management, Science and Social Science.
For admission to the undergraduate programs, a candidate must pass 10+2 from a recognized board with minimum required marks in the relevant stream. The courses requiring Entrance Exam scores are enlisted below:
|B. Com. (General/ Honours)||Intermediate(10+2) with 48% marks from Commerce stream can apply for B.Com (General). Also, candidates with 50% and above from the same stream can apply for B.Com (Hons)|
|BBA - Bachelor of Bussiness Administration||Intermediate(10+2) from any stream with at least 48%|
|BCA - Bachelor of Computer Application|
|L.L.B.||Intermediate(10+2) with at least 45% for state candidates, and 60% for candidates applying from other states. Also, a valid score in RULET|
|B. Sc. (Pass Course/ Hons)||Intermediate(10+2) from Science stream with at least 50%|
|B. A. (Pass Course/ Hons)||Intermediate(10+2) with 48% marks from any stream can apply for B.A (General) and candidates with 50% and above can apply for B.A (Hons)|
|B.Lib.I.Sc||Intermediate graduate from any course with at least 45% marks|
|B. P. Ed.||Intermediate graduate from any course with at least 40% and Physical Education as the main subject|
|B.Music (Vocals/ Instrumental||Intermediate(10+2) from any stream with at least 48%|
|Bachelor of Visual Arts (Applied Arts, Painting, and Sculpture)|
|B.Tech + M.Tech||Intermediate(10+2) from Science stream with at least 50%|
Rajasthan University Postgraduate Courses and Eligibility
RU Postgraduate courses are offered to the candidates having Bachelor’s Degree with the minimum required marks in the relevant stream.
|M.Ed.||B.Ed. with a minimum of 48% marks in aggregate|
|M.P.Ed.||B.P.Ed. with a minimum of 48% marks|
|MBA/ Executive MBA||Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate|
|M.Com||B.Com (General or Hons) with 50% in total aggregate and 55% in concerned subjects|
|M.A., M.V.A., & M.P.A.||B.A., B.V.A., and B.P.A with at least 50% in total aggregate|
|M.P.Ed||B.P.Ed with at least 48% in total aggregate|
|Masters in Human Resource Management and International Business||Intermediate graduate from any course with at least 45%|
|M.Tech||B.Tech in relevant specialization with at least 50%|
Rajasthan University M.Phil and Ph.D. Course with Eligibility
Rajasthan University offers a three-year full-time
- M.Phil. program to candidates having Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with at least 55% marks in aggregate
- Ph.D. research course to candidates should hold a Master’s degree/ M.Phil. in relevant field with minimum 55% marks in aggregate.
Check: RU Fees Structure
Rajasthan University Admissions
Rajasthan University invites applications for several UG, PG, and Research programs. Aspirants can fill the application form online for their desired UG & PG courses by following the subsequent steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the university (www.uniraj.ac.in)
Step 2: Go to the ‘Website Links’ and click ‘Admissions’
Step 3: Register yourself with a valid contact number and email id
Step 4: Select the desired UG/PG or Research Program and the application form will appear
Step 5: Fill in the form with correct information and upload the required documents
Step 6: Submit the form along with making a payment of application fee of required amount as per your category and course
Selection procedure of UG Courses
- Admission to B.A., B.Com., B.Lib.I.Sc., B.V.A., B.Sc., B.B.A., B.P.Ed., B.Tech., and B.C.A. are done on the basis of the merit system (Marks obtained in past qualifying exam)
- L.L.B admission is based on marks obtained in ULET, conducted by the university.
- Admission to B.A.L.L.B is done on the basis of candidates' performance in RULET conducted by Rajasthan University.
- B.P.A admission is based on marks obtained in Rajasthan University Written Test.
Selection procedure of PG Courses
- Admission to all the master degree courses are done through URATPG - University of Rajasthan Aptitude Test for Post Graduation except M.Tech and MBA
- M.Tech admissions are done on merit basis
- Admission to MBA programs is based on marks obtained in PIM MAT (Podar Insitute of Management - Management Aptitude Test 2019)
Selection procedure of M.Phil/ Ph.D. Courses
- Candidates seeking admission for M.Phil must apply for UNIRAJ MPAT Entrance Exam
- Ph.D. aspirants must have a valid score in any one of the following exam conducted at the national level:
- UGC (NET)
- CSIR (JRF)
- DST (INSPIRE)
The selection procedure is based on marks obtained in the concerned Entrance Exam followed by Personal Interview conducted by Rajasthan University.
Once Rajasthan University Results
are declared, candidates can check if they are satisfying their eligibility with RU Cutoff
. Successful candidates can enroll their names in the desired departments after the completion of the counseling procedure.
Check: Rajasthan University Admissions
Rajasthan University Placement
RU Central Placement Cell works with a motive to make the student's placement ready, the Placement Cell organizes month-long training programs that majorly focuses on personality development and career counseling. Apart from that, the University conducts a Job Fair every year, which invited a lot of companies for campus recruitment thus benefiting the deserving candidates.
Also, Check RU Placement
Rajasthan University Ranking
According to NIRF (MHRD), Rajasthan University ranked at number 79 with a score of 35.85.