RULET 2018 Application Form, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern and Syllabus
RULET (Rajasthan University Law Entrance Test) is a university-level exam conducted by University of Rajasthan for admitting aspirants into five-year integrated law programme. The University offers 120 seats for the program. RULET 2018 is scheduled for September 23, 2018 in offline mode
|RULET 2018 Application Form(Available)||RULET Eligibility Criteria||RULET Exam Pattern|
The registration for RULET has been started from August 24, 2018. Interested candidates can fill the application form before September 13, 2018 via offline mode only. The exam will comprise 200 multiple-choice questions (MCQs). The question will be asked from language ability, legal reasoning, general knowledge, general science and social studies.
RULET 2018 Highlights Table
Applicants are advised to go through the highlights of University of Rajasthan carefully. The list of important details about the law entrance test for the academic year of 2018-19 is given below:
|Conducting body||University of Rajasthan, Jaipur|
|Courses offered||2- BA. LLB (Hons)- Rajasthan University BA. LLB- Affiliated colleges|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (pen and paper based)|
|Duration of RULET 2018||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQs)|
|Eligibility||Passed 10+2 exam with at least 50% marks|
RULET 2018 Exam Dates
The exam schedule has been announced in the admission notification for RULET 2018. All official dates for RULET 2018 are given below. Make sure you do not miss upon any of these:
|Commencement of online Application||August 24, 2018|
|Last date for submitting Application form||September 13, 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||Third week of September 2018|
|Date of RULET 2018 entrance exam||September 23, 2018|
|Declaration of result||September 30, 2018|
|Counseling||First week of October 2018|
RULET 2018 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for RULET 2018 is as set up by the university. Participants must make sure that they meet all the eligibility conditions required for the BA LLB course before applying for the entrance exam. The various criteria are as stated below:
Applicants should be citizens of India in order to be eligible for the law entrance test.
- All candidates should have cleared Class 12 exams and secure no less than 50% aggregate marks.
- It should be noted that minimum aggregate required for candidates belonging to SC/ ST category is 45%.
- Applicants who are appearing for the final exam of 10+2 level are also eligible to apply for RULET 2018.
RULET 2018 Application Form
RULET 2018 Application Form can be filled via the offline mode only. Aspirants must visit the official website of University of Rajasthan for downloading the application form. They must complete the application process by entering all details and paying the requisite application fees.
Candidates must then send the hard copy of the application forms to the university within the stipulated time by hand or post. Applicants may refer to the steps involved in applying for RULET 2018 that are mentioned below:
Step 1: Downloading the application form
- Log on to the official website of Rajasthan University
- Click on ‘RULET 2018’ under notifications and read the admission notification.
- Click on the link ‘RULET 2018 Application form’ and print out a copy of it.
Step 2: Filling of application form
- Individuals will be required to fill in personal details, address for correspondence and information regarding past academic records.
- They must then paste a recent, passport-sized photograph.
- Students should attach a Demand Draft of the exam fees along with the application form.
- Applicants should verify that all the details written on the form are correct before submitting it.
Step 3: Submitting the application form
- Aspirants should submit the completed form along with certain documents.
- The form should be submitted to the Department of Law, University of Rajasthan before the last date of application is over.
RULET 2018 Application Fee
RULET 2018 registration will be considered complete only after the requisite fees has been paid by candidates. Fees can be remitted via the offline method only. The application fee is INR 2000 regardless of the category an applicant belongs to. Students should submit the form by the offline mode and must pay the fees by Demand Draft.
The DD should be drawn in the favor of ‘Convener, RULET, University of Rajasthan’ payable at Jaipur. Participants must note that the application fee is non- refundable and non- transferable and any request for the same shall not be entertained.
RULET 2018 Admit Card
RULET 2018 Admit Card will be issued to candidates who have successfully registered for the exam a week prior to the law entrance test. Admit cards will be available to be downloaded from the official website.
To download the admit card for RULET 2018, candidates must perform the following steps:
- Go to the official website of Rajasthan University.
- A notification stating RULET 2018 Admit Card will flash on the screen, click on it.
- You will be redirected to a new window, where you can download the admit card by entering form number, general details or mobile number.
- Click on submit.
- The admit card will appear on your computer screen.
RULET 2018 Exam Pattern
RULET 2018 will consist 200 objective questions (MCQs). The duration of the exam will be 120 minutes and it will be conducted in the English language only.
The test will be designed so as to assess the language ability, legal reasoning, general knowledge, general science and social studies of candidates. All questions will be followed by 4 alternative options as answers, out of which the single most accurate response should be selected by students.
Every correct answer will be awarded +1 mark while negative marking scheme will not be applicable for the law entrance test. RULET Exam Pattern highlights is given below for your reference:
|Mode of RULET 2018||Offline (pen-paper based)|
|Duration of RULET 2018||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Number of questions||200|
|Medium of exam||English|
RULET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for RULET 2018 will be based on Higher Secondary or equivalent level. Aspirants can expect questions related to Language Ability, Legal Reasoning, General Knowledge, General Science and some social studies questions. Some reference books for RULET 2018 are mentioned below:
|Book name||Publisher/ Author’s name|
|Study Package for CLAT and LLB entrance examinations||A P Bhardwaj|
|Guide to CLAT||Pearson Publication|
|Word power made easy||Norman Lewis|
|Guide to CLAT and LLB||Universal Law Publishing|
RULET 2018 Result
RULET 2018 Result will be declared on September 30, 2018. The results will be declared on the official website of the University of Rajasthan. It will be released in the form of rank lists. Individuals may view their results by accessing the link provided on the website. This can be done by following these few easy steps stated below:
- Log on to the official website of University of Rajasthan.
- Click on the link related to ‘Notice and Result of RULET 2018’.
- The result of the law entrance test will appear in the form of rank list.
- Aspirants can search for their roll number in order to view their result.
- Download it and print it out for the further admission reference.
Rajasthan University will also publish the RULET 2018 Answer Key after the exam has been conducted. Applicants can register their complaints or objections regarding the same by submitting relevant documents to prove their claim to the university office. The examiners will release the final answer key after considering all the objections. RULET 2018 Answer Key can be downloaded using the following steps:
- Visit the official website
- Search for the option of ‘Answer Key of RULET 2018’ under the tab of Notifications.
- The link to download the answer key will appear.
- Click on it and use it to cross-check the answers to arrive at a rough score.
RULET 2018 Cut Off
Rajasthan University will admit applicants on the basis of scores obtained in both stages of RULET 2018. The cut off for BA LLB course will be decided by the university after taking into account various factors like number of qualified candidates, seats available and cut off trends for the previous year. The cut off for RULET 2017 of the university and the affiliated colleges is given below:
|College||RULET 2017 Cut Off (Marks out of 300)|
|St. Wilfred’s Law College||151||128||112||92|
|Vidhyasthali Law College||153||128||112||102|
|S.S. Jain Subodh Law College||151||129||110||50|
RULET 2018 Counselling
After the written test candidates will be called for the counselling of RULET 2018 by the First week of October 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling session, which will include Group Discussion and Personal Interview round.
Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round:
The university will conduct GD and PI round for all registered participants. It will be held in the university campus on the next consecutive day of the exam. Students must attend this session as per the schedule uploaded by the Rajasthan University on their website, in order of roll numbers assigned to them. It will carry a weightage of 100 marks. Admission will be offered on the basis of the combined result which will be released by the university in June 2018.
|Evaluation Criteria||Maximum Marks|
|GD and PI Round||100|
After the declaration of results, the participating institutes will publish the admission list of students who have secured a seat in their college. These applicants must then report to the allotted college according to the schedule uploaded on the official website. The admission process will take place in the following way:
- The admission process will be held as per the scheduled time and date at the respective college.
- Aspirants must be present for the admission procedure in person along with a parent or guardian.
- Students must report to the allotted institute with necessary documents which will be verified by the conducting body.
- After the documents are verified, individuals will have to pay the requisite tuition fees and complete the admission formalities.
Document verification is an important element of RULET 2018 counselling. The documents required for counselling are:
- RULET 2018 Admit card
- Class 10 and 12 Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving certificate from institute last attended
- Migration Certificate
- Caste certificate
- 3 Passport sized photographs
- Proof of date of birth
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College