IIM Tiruchirappalli, popularly known as IIM Trichy is ranked #15 in NIRF Ranking 2020. The institute has also maintained a rank of #7 in Outlook ICARE Ranking 2021. The popular program of IIM Trichy is PGPM which is a flagship program of the institute. The admission process of the 2-year PGPM course is followed by the declaration of CAT score. Know more about IIM Tiruchirappalli Courses & Eligibility.
Apart from PGPM, IIM Trichy also offers PGPM-HR, DPM and EDPM programs. 2-year PGPBM is also offered by the institute through its Chennai campus. A written exam followed by PI is conducted for these programmes. However, for PGPM-HR, the selection process depends upon CAT score.
IIM Trichy has launched 6-months Executive Program in Leadership & Change Management for working professionals. The program is taught in blended mode on every Sunday in from 3:30 to 6:45 pm through classroom to device mode. The applications for the program were closed on Jan 04, 2021.
IIM Tiruchirappalli Admission Updates: IIM Tiruchirappalli has declared shortlisted candidates for PI process for PGPM admission 2021. The institute is participating in CAP for conducting the Admission. In the shortlisting process of IIM CAP 2021, a total of 11000 students have been shortlisted. Know More about IIM Tiruchirappalli Admission
IIM Trichy Quick Facts
- IIM Trichy is ranked at #7th position in Outlook ICARE top Public MBA ranking for the last two years. Check IIM Trichy Rankings
- IIM Trichy is participating in the Common Admission Process along with 8 other IIMs excluding WAT round from admission criteria.
- IIM Trichy Fee is MBA payable fee i.e.INR 1650000 is lower than other top IIMs like IIM Calcutta, Bangalore and Ahmedabad.
- IIM Trichy is taking optimum care of the balance faculty-students ratio with 32 full-time faculty. Check IIM Trichy Faculty Details
- The placement for 2020-21 year has started at IIM Trichy with Highest CTC offered as INR 30 LPA, which is increased as compared to last year’s INR 25 LPA. Check IIM Tiruchirappalli Placement Report 2021.
- IIM Trichy is a part of Study in India programme launched by MHRD and MEA
The best thing about MBA course is that a student from any field, be it science, commerce or arts, can pursue this 2 year masters degree course.
IIM Trichy CAT Cut off
IIM Tiruchirappalli for MBA 2021 admission participating with other 8 IIMs for CAP 2021. IIM Trichy cut off of CAT 2020 has reduced by only 1 percentile compared to the previous year. The CAT Cut Off trend to high this year contrary to top premier IIMs like IIM Ahmedabad, and IIM Bangalore.
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||80||60||60||45||30||30|
|Verbal & Reading Comprehension||80||60||60||45||30||30|
Read More: IIM Trichy Cutoff
IIM Trichy Ranking
IIM Tiruchirappalli ranks at 15th position in NIRF ranking of 2020. With a total score of 60.79, it has dropped a rank as compared to NIRF 2019 management ranking with 59.15. On the contrary, IIM Trichy has a stronghold on the 7th rank among 30 Public Management institutes in OUTLOOK ICARE ranking for the last two years. Check IIM Trichy Ranking
|Ranking Agency||Year||Ranked at|
|NIRF||2020||15 out of 75|
|Outlook Magazine ICARE Top Public MBA Institution Ranking||2021||7 out of 30|
|India Today MDRA||2020||18 out of 100|
|T.I.M.E B-School Categorization||2020||AAA|
|NHRDN shine.com B school ranking||2019||8|
IIM Trichy Course, Fees, Selection Criteria
|Courses||Eligibility & Selection Criteria||Fees|
|PGPM/ PGPM HR||
Eligibility: Graduation degree with 50% aggregate marks is along with the CAT exam score.
|INR 16.5 Lakhs|
|DPM||Eligibility: Master’s degree with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
Selection: Based on Research aptitude examination and area interview performance of the candidates.
|No TuitionFee, Fellowship: INR 30000-36000 per Month.|
|E-DPM||Eligibility: Must have First class in graduation and /or PG degree + 10 years of full-time experience.
Selection: Evaluation process conducted by IIM-T
|INR 10 Lakhs|
|PGPBM (Chennai)||Eligibility: Must have passed graduation with minimum 50% marks, Must have minimum 3 years full time experience.
Selection: Based on written test and PI merit
|INR 11.80 Lakhs|
IIM Trichy Batch 2018-2020– Class Profile
IIM Tiruchirappalli PGPM is known for its more gender-diverse PGPM batches along with IIM Rohtak and IIM Indore. The batch profile of PGPM 2018-2020 had 52% female students over 48% male students. The average work experience of the enrolled students is highest for 24-36 months. While, 28% of the second majority section of the batch are freshers.
Check the table below for further information
|Work Background||Percentage of students enrolled|
|Consulting & Analytics||12|
|Sales and Marketing||10|
For PGPM batch 2018, academic background of the students is portrayed in a tabulated form:
|Academic Background||Percentage of students enrolled|
|Arts & Science||7|
IIM Trichy Placements
IIM Tiruchirappalli Placement has started for the academic year 2020-21. The highest placement package offered to the students by far is INR 30 LPA by FourKites while the minimum package stood at INR 8 LPA. Copmpanies like Deloitte, TVS Motors, Schindler, Aditya Birla Group, Zycus, Cognizant, ICICI Bank, CAMS, HP, L&T and many more visted the campus. Students are recruited for following job roles:
|Business Analyst||Financial Associate||MT (Sales, HR, Operations, Logistics, GM)|
|Sales Specialist||Digital Marketing Specialist||Retail Logistician|
IIM Trichy Placement 2020
The institute has wiitnessed 100% placement record for the PGPM 2018-2020 batch. Given below are major highlights of the placement report of 2020:
- 119 recruiters raising 186 offers for the batch of 173 students
- The placement secured by the batch is highest for Consulting & Analytics with 38%. Followed by 31.2% in sales and marketing, 23.7% in finance, and 7.1% in operation.
- The highest placement package offered to the students is INR 25 LPA.
- The outgoing batch has broken the previous year PPO record with 236% rise.
IIM Trichy Scholarships
IIM Trichy offers government scholarships for the PGPM students. Here are some of the scholarship can be opted for the students:
- Central Scholarship for SC/ST/PWD Students: This is offered to SC/St/PWD category students in merit based process. The eligibility criteria of the scholarship is family income not more than 4.50 LPA.
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship for Minority Students: The amount of this scholarship is INR 2.55 Lakhs. This is available to minority students with family income less than 6.0 LPA.
- NHFDC Scholarship Scheme for PwD Students: Under this scheme, PWD category students are eligible for scholarships worth INR 2.50 Lakhs.
IIM Trichy Faculty
IIM Trichy with a motto of "Knowledge is endless" focuses on the teacher-student ratio for imparting required guidance to the students. With 32 full-time faculty member, the faculty profile represents major fellows from IIMs such Gopal.V, Hari Sreekumar, and Apoorv Khare fellow of IIMC, Abhishek K. Totawar and A.K.Singh Fellow of IIM Indore, and also from IIMB, and IIT Madras.
The report of NIRF 2020 ranking shows significant size in faculty students ratio of the institute. The current faculty students ratio is 1:7 ensuring quality learning experience to the students.
IIM Trichy FAQs
Ques. What are IIM Trichy PGPBM placement trends?
Ans. IIM Trichy PGPBM recent placement has recorded 236% rise in PPI and PPO and 12% rise in Median CTC. The highest CTC of the Batch 2018-2020 is INR 25 LPA. Total 186 job offers have been bagged from 119 companies. Check IIM Trichy Placement.
Ques. Is IIM Trichy better than IIM Indore?
Ans. The comparison can be done based on the following factors:
- MBA Tuition Fee Per term: IIM Indore INR 2.50 Lakhs, IIM Trichy INR 2,75 Lakhs.
- Highest CTC: IIM Indore INR 50 LPA, IIM Trichy INR 25 LPA.
- Average CTC: IIM Indore INR 22.92 LPA,IIM Trichy INR 14.96 LPA.
- NIRF Ranking: IIM Indore ranks at 7 and IIM trichy at 15.
The ROI of IIM Indore is much better than IIM Trichy. Know more about IIM Indore.
Ques. What is the chance for freshers in IIM Trichy PGPM?
Ans. In PGPM (MBA) admission process of 2021, IIM Trichy considered a 5% weightage in final selection for candidates with prior work experience. As per batch profile of 2019-2021, only 26% students have 0-11 months work experience. Rest 74% of the batch have work experience in between 12-48+ months. Hence, work experience will be an added benefit in the shortlisting process. Check IIM Trichy Admission
Ques. How is Marketing specialisation at IIM Trichy?
Ans. IIM Trichy offer PGPM (MBA) course with Marketing electives that include Business to Business Marketing, Customer Experience Planning and Execution, Digital Marketing , Marketing Initiatives for International Marketing , Marketing to the Base of the Pyramid Consumers, Pricing Strategy, Product and Brand Management, Promotion Strategy, Sales and Distribution Management, Semiotics for Marketing Effectiveness , and Strategic Marketing in Action.The summer placement of 2019-2021 batch has secured top placement rate of 27.6% compared to other domain. While in Final placement, Sales and marketing domains stand second with 31.2% after 98% placement in Consulting & Analytics. Check IIM Trichy PGPM
Ques. What is PGPBM (Chennai) course at IIM Trichy?
Ans. PGPBM (Chennai) is a working executive program offered in Chennai campus of IIM Trichy. The 24 months program can be completed within 21 months as per interest. The classes are conducted on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays. On successful completion of the course, students are awarded an MBA program. The program fee of PGPBM is INR 11.80 Lakhs with additional iNR 10000 for Refundable Caution Deposit. Check IIM Trichy PGPBM
Ques. When is the admission process begin?
Ans. For PGPM - During the 1st / 2nd week of August, For PGPBM - During the 1st / 2nd week of March, For FPM - During the 1st / 2nd week of November.
Ques. What are the part-time executive programs offered at IIMT?
Ans. Management Development Programmes (MDPs), Open Management Development Programmes (Open-MDPs), In-Company Training Programmes (ICTPs), Consultancy Project, Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP).
Ques. What is the Selection Process for FPM?
Ans. The selection process is based on CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE/UGC-JRF, Academic Performance & Personal Interview. Apart from the above the selection process also includes evaluation of the candidate's application which includes 'research intent', 'statement of purpose' etc.,
Ques. What is PGPBM Course in IIMT?
Ans. The Post Graduate Programme in Business Management (PGPBM) is a two-year non-residential in-class learning weekend program to groom working executives to move into a senior leadership position. Students will be awarded an MBA Degree upon program completion.
Ques. Can overseas candidates take admission in IIM Tiruchirappalli?
Ans. Yes, overseas candidates can take admission for the PGP course. However, Candidates residing in neighboring countries like Nepal from where there are no entry-restrictions to India will also not be considered as overseas candidates.
Ques. What is the application fee for FPM and E-FPM?
Ans. General category students need to pay an application fee of Rs 500. Reserved category students are exempted from the application fee
Ques. How are the placements at the institute?
Ans. The institute has successfully maintained an impressive placement record. During the latest placement drive for the batch of 2018-2020, the institute witnessed the participation of 119 companies which is an incredible 26% increase in comparison to the previous year. Around 186 offers were made by the recruiters to 173 students across the domains of Sales & Marketing, Finance, Consulting & Analytics, and Operations.
Ques. What was the highest CTC offered to the students during the last placement drive?
Ans. The highest package offered in 2021 placements went up to 30 LPA from INR 25 LPA, in 2020. The minimum CTC stood at INR 8 LPA.
Ques. Does the institute offer any scholarships?
Ans. IIM Trichy offers various scholarships for PG programs based on the rules and regulations set by the Government of India. A list of scholarships offered is mentioned below:
- Central Sector Scholarship of Top Class Education for ST students
- Central Sector Scholarship of Top Class Education for SC students
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for Top Class Education for students with disabilities
- Merit cum Means based Scholarship for students belonging to minority communities
- National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation Scholarship
Ques. How will the candidates be selected post PI and WAT?
Ans. Criteria that would be used to select candidates post Personal Interview (PI) and Written Analysis Test (WAT):
- CAT score:50 percent weightage
- Written Analysis Test: 10 percent weightage
- Personal Interview: 18 percent weightage
- Work experience: 5 percent weightage
- Performance at Undergraduate level: 10 percent weightage
- Professional Qualification: 2 percent weightage
- Gender Diversity: 5 percent weightage for female candidates
Ques. What will be the parameters to determine the candidate’s performance in the PI?
Ans. The Personal Interview will comprise of 18% of the total composite score. The following factors will determine the candidate's performance in the PI-
- Communication Skills
- Academic Ability
- Current Affairs & General Awareness
- Managerial & Leadership Abilities
- Co-curricular and Extra-curricular Activities