Updated On - January 4th 2018
Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute (Deemed to be University) formerly known as Sri Ramachandra University located in Porur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It was established in 1985 by Sri Ramachandra Educational and Health Trust and declared Deemed to be University by Government of India under the section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956. The University offers 12 UG and 62 PG courses, 16 Super Specialities PG, one Doctoral (Ph.D and integrated Ph.D) and one certificate program.
Know More About Sri Ramachandra University Admission
Sri Ramachandra University Highlights
Deemed to be University
‘A’ by NAAC
How to Reach
18.4 km (From Chennai Railway Station)
10 km (From Chennai Bus Stand)
15 km (From Chennai Airport)
Sri Ramachandra University Courses and Admission
Sri Ramachandra University UG Courses and Admission
- To be eligible for MBBS, BDS and BPT, candidate must have done 10+2 with relevant subjects. Candidate must have secured required marks in NEET UG conducted by CBSE.
- To be eligible for B.Pharma, candidate must have secured 50% in 10+2 with relevant subjects.
- To be eligible for B.Sc, candidate must have secured 45% in 10+2 with relevant subjects.
- To be eligible for BBA, candidate must have done 10+2 with relevant subjects with English as a compulsory subject.
Sri Ramachandra University PG Courses and Admission
- To be eligible for MD, MS, MDS and BPT, candidate must have done their Bachelor equivalent. Candidate must have secured required marks in NEET PG conducted by CBSE.
- To be eligible for M.Pharma and Pharm.D, candidate must have done Bachelor in relevant discipline with required marks.
- To be eligible for M.Sc, candidate should have done B.Sc in relevant discipline.
- To be eligible for MBA, candidate should have done relevant Bachelor with required marks.
Sri Ramachandra University Doctoral Program
- To be eligible for doctoral in Medical program, candidate must have done Master’s degree in relevant discipline.
- To be eligible for doctoral in non-medical program, candidate must have obtained Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
Know More About Sri Ramachandra University Courses and Fees
Sri Ramachandra University Ranking
Rank / Year
6th ( 2017)
Sri Ramachandra University Facilities
- University has 54500 books to provide ample knowledge to its students.
- It has Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) in faculty of Pharmacy, Biomedical sciences and Management which enables students to choose courses according to their skills and goals.
- Separate hostel facility is provided to male as well as female students with total number of rooms is 3608.
- There is a wi-fi facility in the hospital, library and seminar halls.
- It provides transportation facilities within Chennai and its suburbs.