Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) has released the list of provisionally selected candidate for PhD admission January 2021. The list has been declared online on the official website: tnou.ac.in. Selected candidates have to apply for admission by February 9, 2021. Last date to register for Admission (for the selected candidates) is April 30, 2021.
Tamil Nadu Open University is the first open university of Tamil Nadu. The university aims to provide benefit to the people who are not able to afford higher education. The courses offered by the University are recognized by University Grants Commission [UGC], National Council for Teacher Education [NCTE], RCI and DEB.
Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) offers education in 3-year under-graduation in B.A., B.Com., B.Sc., BBA, and BCA. College offer studies in 2-year Master’s program in MBA, MCA, M.A., M.Com. and M.Sc., Diploma and Post-graduation Diploma courses in multiple specializations.
TNOU Important Date 2021
|Last Date for Applying to PhD||Jan 4, 2021|
|Conduction of Entrance Examination||Jan 18, 2021|
|Conduction of Interview||Jan 27, 2021|
|Last Date for admission to PhD course||Feb 9, 2021|
The college also offers Certificate and Vocational courses. Applicants can apply for the admission to the program offline through the forms available at the study centres.
- Applicants to B.A., B.Com., B.Sc., BCA and BBA courses must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Those who have applied to M.Com., M.A., M.Com. and M.Sc. courses must have passed Bachelor’s courses from a recognized board.
- Candidates applying for MBA courses must hold Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized board.
- The minimum marks required to be eligible for admission to MBA course is having secured at least 50% marks in undergraduate degree.
- Final admission to the courses will be through merit in qualifying exam as well as counseling.
- Admission to under-graduation is based on completion of 10+2 or TNOU BPP conducted by the Tamil Nadu Open University.
- Candidates who are admitted under 10+2 into a Bachelor degree program will have to necessarily complete the Bachelor of Preparatory Program to be eligible for the degree program.
- The BPP Examinations will be conducted before the commencement of the Semester examination.
- Self-learning materials, in print and electronic medium, is provided by the Tami Nadu Open University.
- Counselling is conducted by the University at various locations in the State. Counselling sessions are held during the months of March-May, and September-November, respectively.
- Applicants can simultaneously register themselves for any one year Diploma Program or Certificate Program of six months duration.
TNOU Admission Articles
|TNOU BBA & MBA Admission||TNOU UG Admission|
|TNOU B.Ed. Admission||TNOU PG Admission|
|Top Open Universities in Telangana||Top Open Universities in Tamil Nadu|
|Top Open Universities in Andhra Pradesh||Top Open Universities in Kerala|
Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) Admission Highlights 2021
|Name of the Institute||Tamil Nadu Open University - [TNOU]|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit Based|
|Last Date to Apply||April 30th / October 31st (Tentative)|