TANUVAS (Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University) is one of the finest Veterinary and animal science universities in the nation. At first, it was a school of agriculture offering certificate and diploma courses in Animal Science and Veterinary field. TANUVAS offers degree courses like Bachelors in Veterinary Science, B. Tech in Food Technology and Poultry Processing Technology, Masters in Veterinary Sciences, Ph.D. and M. Phil Courses. The main objective of the University is to educate the students in veterinary and animal science.
ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research)
Online and Offline modes
Madhavaram Milk Colony Chennai Tamil Nadu, India
TANUVAS Courses Offered
The university provides various courses at an undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level in the field of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Food Technology, Poultry Technology, Dairy Technology, Bioinformatics, and Biotechnology. It also offers PG Diploma course in both full-time as well as distance learning modes. The duration of each program is varied.
Also check TANUVAS Fee Structure
TANUVAS UG Admission
- Candidates applying for any of the courses are required to score at least 60% marks in their last qualifying exam.
- A resident of Tamil Nadu state is only eligible to apply.
- The selection is done on the basis merit of last qualifying exams. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their marks to be considered for admission process.
TANUVAS PG Admission
- Graduation in relevant discipline with minimum 50% marks from a well-recognized university or institute is the minimum eligibility to apply for PG courses.
- Eligible and Interested candidates can download the application form from the official website of a university as well as they can download the same from official portal.
- The final selection is done on the basis of CET score. Listed candidates will be considered for admission process.
Read more about TANUVAS Admission
TANUVAS Distance Education Program
Besides the regular courses, Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University also provides distance education to almost every part of the nation. The courses offered in distance education are:
- Dairy Farming
- Goat Farming
- Animal Welfare
- Livestock and Poultry Farm Manager
- Management of Infertility
- Recent Trends in Disease Diagnosis and Treatment of Ruminants
- Optimizing Cattle Feeding with Locally Available Feed Resources
Also check TANUVAS Affiliated Colleges
TANUVAS Constituent Institutes
Some constituent institutions are there under the regulation of the university. Those are:
- Madras Veterinary University, Chennai
- Veterinary College and Research Institute, Namakkal
- Fisheries College and Research Institute, Thoothukkudi
- Institute of Food and Dairy Technology, Koduvalli, Chennai
Apart from that, there are also some centers of the university where different courses are being taught regarding animal sciences and fisheries. Here is the list of the University directorates:
- Center for Animal Production Studies, Chennai
- Center for Animal Health Studies, Chennai
- Directorate of Clinics at Madras Veterinary College
- Directorate of Extension Education, Chennai
- Directorate of research in Animal Sciences, Chennai
- Directorate of Research and Extension in Fisheries, Chennai
- Fisheries College and Institute, Thoothukkudi
- Total Numbers of Books: More than 39,000
- Total number of books kept as reference: More than 12,000
- Total number of Basic to advance books: 400-500
- 155 Foreign journals and 35 Indian Journals
- 125 online foreign journals and 12 online Indian journals
- 40 CD-ROM regarding important specific data of Veterinary and Animal Sciences
- Digital cataloging service
- Large reading hall
Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University provides hostel accommodation for students with the total intake of 1200 students including girls. Separate Hostels are arranged for both boys and girls. The rooms are much comfortable for the students. Television room and internet connection are also available in the hostel for the students.