Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith (MGKVP) is a public university established in 1921. MGKVP offers a range of Professional and Academic courses in Arts, Science, Commerce, Law, Computing and Management. Candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of MGKVP on payment of INR 500 (INR 400 for SC/ST) as an application fee.
- For all the UG courses those candidates who have done 10+2 in relevant discipline are eligible to apply.
- For all the PG courses those candidates who have done 3 year UG course in the respective discipline are eligible to apply.
- For B.P.Ed, candidate should have done UG with Physical Education as a major subject, for LLB those candidates who have done graduation with not less than 45%in aggregate (40% marks in case of SC and ST category candidates) are eligible to apply.
- For M.P.Ed, those candidates who have done B.P.Ed or equivalent with at least 50% is eligible to apply. For LLM those candidates who have done an LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. /any other equivalent degree from a recognized University with not less than 55%in aggregate (50% marks in case of SC and ST category candidates).
- For M.Ed the candidate should have done B.Ed/BA-B.Ed/B.Sc-B.Ed with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST). For M.Lib the candidate should have done graduation in B.Lib-ISc.
- Selection in each course is done on the basis of an entrance exam. The entrance exam will be of 200 marks and of 2 hours duration. For M.PEd, B.PEd, B. Music, M.Music, BFA, MFA candidates will have to sit for practical test of 100 marks. Final merit will be made considering marks in the practical test.
- Reservation of 21%,2% and 27% are given to SC, ST and OBC respectively. Horizontal reservation of 3% is provided to PWD candidates. Benefit of reservation will be provided to candidates of UP domicile only.