Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya (GKV) is an autonomous institution established by Swami Shraddhanandaji to revive the Gurukula system of education. It is located in Haridwar, Uttarakhand. It has two other campuses situated in Haridwar and Dehradun. The Vishwavidyalaya imparts education in the various areas of Vedic literature, Indian culture, modern sciences and research.
Get Detailed Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya Admission Procedure
Check Cut-Off JEE MAIN
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya Highlights
March 4, 1902
Type of University
Deemed to be University
‘A’ Grade by NAAC
AIU, Association of Commonwealth Universities
How to Reach
1.3 from Haridwar Airport
5 km from Haridwar Railway Station
3.4 km from Haridwar Bus Stand
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya Courses and Admission
- The candidates seeking admission to the B.Tech program are required to score 45% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The candidate must clear CRL/AIR of JEE Main conducted by CBSE.
Note: The candidate should possess Diploma in Engineering in relevant field with 60% marks or should have B.Sc degree with Mathematics with 60% marks.
The candidate may apply to the program on the basis of:
- The candidate should have done 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology with English.
- Any other qualification approved by PCI.
Note: The candidate is required to pass in D.Pharm from PCI approved institution.
B.A, B.Sc, BBA, B.P.Ed
- To get admission to the B.A program, the candidate should have scored minimum marks in 10+2 from a recognized board.
- To secure a seat in B.Sc program, the candidate should have done 10+2 with 45% marks with Science subjects.
- The candidate must possess Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education with 45% marks. Or should have scored 45% marks in Graduation and should have studied Physical Education as a compulsory subject.
- The candidates seeking admission to the BBA program must have scored 45% marks in 10+2 or its equivalent.
MBA and MCA
- To apply to the MBA program, the candidate is required to score 50% marks in Graduation with valid CAT/CMAT/MAT/GMAT score.
- The candidates seeking admission to the MCA program should have scored 50% marks in Graduation and should have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level.
Note: GRE/GMAT score will be considered only for foreign candidates.
M.Sc, M.P.Ed, M.A, PG Diploma in Hindi Journalism
- The candidate can apply to the M.Sc program on the basis of 50% marks scored in Graduation in an allied subject.
- The candidates seeking admission to the M.P.Ed should possess B.P.Ed or B.Sc (Health and Physical Education) degree with 50% marks.
- The candidates should have done Graduation or its equivalent in the relevant field to apply to the M.A program.
- The candidate should be B.A/B.Com/B.Sc or equivalent examination to be eligible for PG Diploma in Hindi Journalism.
Certificate in Yoga: To apply for the certificate program, the candidate should have done 10+2 or its equivalent.
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya Ph.D. Admission
The Vishwavidyalaya awards Ph.D. degree in various disciplines like Sanskrit, Vedic Literature, Philosophy, English, Hindi Literature, Psychology etc., through Research Entrance Test (RET) and direct admission. The candidates seeking admission through RET must be postgraduate with 55% marks in the concerned subject. The requirements for direct admission to the Ph.D. program are:
- UGC/CSIR-NET/JRF/SLET/GATE qualified candidates are exempted from the examination.
- The applicant who is a teacher fellowship holder under QIP/FDP/FIP.
Note: The final selection will be made on the basis of the personal interview of the candidate.
Learn More About Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya Courses and Fee Structure
The scholarships are awarded to those candidates who have cleared NET conducted by the UGC/CSIR.