Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is an autonomous public business school. The IIFT has extended beyond Delhi and has chosen West Bengal as the region to establish its first-ever campus outside Delhi. The Government of West Bengal has allotted a land of 10 acres for the establishment of IIFT.
- Located in Salt Lake City, Kolkata
- Established in 2006 with support of both Central and State Governments
- It is a Deemed University
- The campus will offer Post Graduate Diploma in International Financial Operations and also a Certificate Programme in Export and Import Procedures and Documentation
- Its flagship program is the Master of Business Administration in International Business. It is the only institute among the top-10 business schools in India that offers this program.
IIFT Kolkata Extracurricular Activities
BLASH: It is the Trade club at IIFT, with the task of organizing all the activities which help the students at IIFT comprehend the essence of trading activities and at the same time, instills deep knowledge with regards to the current trends and basics about the world of international trade
Cashonova: The Cashonova Club at IIFT aims to generate interest and be the platform for fine-tuning skills of the students pertaining to areas of Corporate Finance, Investments, Valuations, and Banking and Financial markets.
Socrates: It is a platform where students who are passionate about making a career in consulting come together and learn the different facets of the world of consulting. The club aims to complement classroom learning and present a wider view of the consulting domain to its members in order to broaden their horizons.
Koshish: It is the social awareness club of IIFT to sensitize the students to the needs and problems of society and social and economic development.
Systemix: is the Business Technology Club at IIFT. It aims to provide participants an exposure to the emerging trends in technology and provides a platform to the students to make a career in Information Technology.
IIFT Kolkata Facilities
- It includes books in almost all areas relevant to management and around 115 national and international. Fifteen more business dailies are also available in its Newspaper section.
- A limited collection of electronic resources in the form of CD, DVD, floppies are also available along with a bray which includes EBSCO, PROQUEST, JSTOR, EMERALD Management Extra, World Trade Atlas, CMIE databases like Industry Analysis, Prowess and India Trades, COMTRADE, ISI Emerging Markets and much more.
- The resources of the library are fully computerized with the installation of LIBSYS 4, integrated software which includes the facility of Online Public Access Catalogue. The implementation of the Bar-code technology is going on to automate the circulation process.
IIFT Kolkata Ranking
- As of 2014, IIFT was ranked 6th in India by the Wall Street Journal
- Ranked 21 by the QS Global 200 Business Schools Report in the Asia-Pacific region for 2012
- Ranked 7th by the Business Today 50 best business schools of 2011