Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University (TNJFU) is one of the most reputed institutes which has gained widespread recognition. It was established on June 19th, 2012. Its headquarters are located at Nagapattinam.
TNJFU offers a wide variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level courses to its students. These include B.F.Sc, B.Tech, BBA, B.Voc., M.Tech, MBA, M.F.Sc and PhD. For admission to undergraduate courses, the candidate must have completed senior secondary school from CBSE or any recognized board.
The basic eligibility criterion for admission to post graduate programs is to hold a bachelor’s degree in the desired graduation. For admission to PhD programs, a candidate must hold an M.F.Sc degree in the field that he/ she wishes to pursue research in. Admission shall be merit based.
Students at TNJFU get excellent placements. They get placed in various central and state organizations, universities and private sectors. Graduates at TNJFU also transform into big entrepreneurs.
TNJFU, Tamil Nadu Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2012 | State|
|Accreditations||Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)|
|Entrance Exam||PG courses and PhD- Entrance exam conducted by University|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Popular Courses||B.F.Sc, B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, M.F.Sc and PhD|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based & Entrance Test + Counselling|
|Facilities Available||Library, Laboratory, Auditorium, Hostel, Classrooms|
TNJFU, Tamil Nadu Ranking
Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University ranked as No. 1 State Agricultural University in Tamil Nadu. It also ranked 25th among the SAUs in India by the ICAR, New Delhi.
Read More: TNJFU Reviews
TNJFU, Tamil Nadu Courses
The following tabulation provides the key details of the courses offered at Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University:
|B.F.Sc||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must have completed senior secondary school from CBSE or any recognized board.
Subjects: Fisheries Engineering
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must have completed 10+2 from CBSE or any recognized board.
Subjects: Fisheries Engineering, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Energy and Environmental Engineering, Fisheries Nautical Technology.
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must hold a B.Tech Degree from a recognized University.
Subjects: Aquaculture Engineering, Fish Processing Engineering
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility criteria: Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree.
Subjects: Fisheries Enterprises Management
|M.F.Sc||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must hold a B.F.Sc degree from a recognized University (or equivalent)
Subjects: Aquaculture, Aquatic Animal Health, Aquatic Environment Management, Fisheries Economics, Fisheries Engineering and Technology, Fisheries Extension, Fish Processing Technology, Fisheries Resource Management, Fish Biotechnology, Fish Genetics and Breeding, Fish Nutrition and Food Technology, Fish quality Assurance management, Fish Pharmacology and Toxicology
|Ph.D.||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility criteria: The Candidate must hold a M.F.Sc degree in the field that he/ she wishes to pursue research in.
Subjects: Aquaculture, Aquatic Animal Health, Aquatic Environmental management, Fisheries Economics, Fisheries Engineering & Technology, Fisheries Extension, Fish Processing Technology, Fisheries Resources Management, Fish Quality Assurance and Management, Fish Nutrition & Feed Technology, fish Biotechnology, Fish Pharmacology & Toxicology
Read More: TNJFU Courses & Fee
TNJFU, Tamil Nadu Admissions
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria shall be selected on the basis of merit for admission to UG Courses.
For Admission to M.Tech, M.F.Sc and PhD, a separate Entrance Exam shall be conducted by the University. Eligible candidates shall be called for counselling according to their rank.
How to Apply?
- Applicants need to click on “Admission” Link on the official website of college- https://www.tnjfu.ac.in/. They must download the prospectus and read it carefully.
- Then, they should click on the “Online Application” link and read the instructions carefully.
- Next, they must click on the “Apply Now” button. An application appears with Login ID.
- They need to carefully fill in the Application. The candidates shall receive the Login ID via SMS and email. If candidates desire to make any changes later they must click on the “Save” button.
- All the required documents must be uploaded (all certificates must be compressed in one PDF file- 5MB maximum size).
- When all the particulars are furnished correctly, candidates must click on the “Submit” button.
- Next, they need to make the required payment. On successful completion of which, they shall receive SMS and email confirming successful completion along with their Login ID and Application Number.
- Date of birth proof
- Transfer Certificate and Migration Certifiacte
- CBSE/ HSC/ other equivalent mark sheet
- Community certificate (if applicable)
- Nativity Certificate
- Special Category certificate
- First Graduate Certificate (if required)
- Joint declaration form provided in the prospectus (Certificate No. VI)
- Completed, Photo affixed and duly signed application form
- Provisional / Degree Certificate of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree (as applicable)
- Transcript card
- Conduct Certificate
- Service Certificate
- Proof of Research articles published (first page) and academic medals/ awards (if applicable).
- Other relevant certificates
Read More: TNJFU Admission
TNJFU, Tamil Nadu Placement
Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University has a placement Cell which is responsible for bringing in reputed organizations and leading firms for placing the students. It also caters to the preparation needs of the students which are taken care by the faculties of veterinary, fishery and food technology.
TNJFU has an excellent placement record. The following table provides the placement details of UG and PG for the last three years:
|Courses||Academic Year||No. Of Graduating Students||No. Of Placed Students||Median Salary||No. Of Students Who Opted For Higher Studies|
Read More: TNJFU Placement
TNJFU, Tamil Nadu Scholarships
To help the needy and the deserving students afford education, Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University offers a wide range of scholarships.
For UG students:
The deserving candidates are provided scholarships such as SC/ ST Welfare and Backward Class scholarships, Scholarships by Govt. of India, Government of Tamil Nadu and Indian Council of Agricultural Research and Pattukottai Azhagiri Endowment scholarship.
For Masters/ Doctoral level students:
The following scholarships are available for the deserving students:
- TNJFU Stipend: Students admitted to M.F.Sc./ M.Tech/ PhD and not availing any scholarship are eligible to avail University Stipend of Rs. 4000/- per month (M.F.Sc./ M.Tech) and Rs. 5000/- per month (PhD courses).
- Other Government Scholarships: Adi- Dravidar Welfare Scholarship and Backward Class Scholarship.
- Fellowship in Research Schemes: Students of PG and PhD programmes can work as JRF/ SRF in external funded research schemes/ industry sponsored schemes according to their area of specialization.
Read More: TNJFU Scholarships
TNJFU, Tamil Nadu Facilities
To cater to the needs of the students and the staff, Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University provides a wide array of facilities. These include:
- Labs: Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University has modern and well equipped labs. Each lab has the latest technology and advanced machinery for research facilities. Labs are provided for microbiology, aquaculture, processing, aquatic animal health management and extension, aquaculture engineering and computers.
- Sports: Sports facilities like separate well designed grounds for basketball, football, volleyball, cricket, badminton, athletics are made available for the students at the campus. Equipment is also provided for cricket, table tennis, volleyball and other indoor games.
- Library: An air conditioned library with all the books that a student or a teacher would require is available at the campus.
- Hostels: Hostels are provided for boys and girls. The mess is run on a dividing system.
Read More: TNJFU Hostels
TNJFU, Tamil Nadu Faculty
With the highly educated and qualified staff at Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University, the institute is committed to imparting quality education and values in the hearts, thoughts and actions of the students.
- Professor- 17
- Assistant Professor- 57
- Associate Professor- 3
- Teaching Assistant- 7
- Dean- 4
Read More: TNJFU Faculty
TNJFU, Tamil Nadu FAQs
Ques. What entrance test does TNJFU conduct for M.F.Sc./ M.Tech admission?
Ques. What entrance test does TNJFU conduct for PhD admission?
Ques. What are the selection criteria for a Ph.D. course at TNJFU?
|OGPA in M.F.Sc.||40|
|Academic medals/ Awards||5|
Ques. What are the selection criteria for M.F.Sc./ M.Tech course at TNJFU?
|OGPA in B.F.Sc./ B.Tech (Fish Eng.)||90|
|Academic medals/ Awards||5|
Ques. In case of a tie, what criteria shall be taken into consideration at TNJFU?