Uttarakhand Ayurved University, Dehradun, popularly known as, UAU was established in the year 2009 by the Government of Uttarakhand under the Uttarakhand Ayurved University Act, 2009. The institution was formed with an aim to bring a socio-economic improvement in the newly formed state of Uttarakhand. Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology has also employed a task force of eminent Scientists for the purpose of improving the application of basic sciences in Ayurvedic research.
Type of University
No of affiliated colleges
No of Research departments
UAU Admissions and Courses
Uttarakhand Ayurved University offers undergraduate programme along with Postgraduate and Ph.D. programmes.
UAU Undergraduate programmes
Uttarakhand Ayurved University offers undergraduate programmes in 3 specializations. These are the following:
- Ayurvedic medicine and surgery
- Homeopathy Medicine and surgery
- Unani medicine and surgery
UAU Bachelors in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
- UAU B.A.M.S programme is 5 and a half year course comprising a mandatory internship of 12 months.
- Students who have secured an aggregate of 50% marks in science stream with physics, chemistry, and Biology as main subjects are eligible for UAU Admissions in B.A.M.S course
- The medium of instruction adopted at UAU is English, Hindi, and Sanskrit.
- Foreign students with an equivalent qualification from a recognized university are also eligible to take admission.
UAU Bachelors in Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery
- UAU B.H.M.S programme is 5 and a half year programme that includes a compulsory internship of 12 months.
- Students who have attained an age of 17 years and have secured a minimum of 50% marks in science stream with physics, chemistry, and Biology are eligible for the course.
- Blind, deaf or dumb students are not eligible to take admission to the B.H.M.S programme.
UAU Bachelors in Unani Medicines and Surgery
- UAU B.U.H.S programme is 5 and a half year programme that includes a mandatory internship of 12 months in the end.
- Students who have attained an age of 17 years and have also secured a minimum of 50% marks in science stream with physics, chemistry, and Biology are eligible to take admissions in the course.
- Blind, Deaf or Dumb students are not allowed to apply for the course.
UAU Post Graduate Programme
UAU offers a Doctorate in medicine or Master of surgery degree as a part of its postgraduate programme.
Doctorate in Medicine/Master of Surgery (MD/MS)
- UAU MD/MS programme is a 3-year programme
- Students who have obtained a B.A.M.S degree from an Ayurvedic college recognized by the Central Council of Indian Medicine are eligible to take admission in MD/MS Programme.
- Minimum qualification for the admission also includes having completed a rotatory internship.
UAU Ph.D. Programme
UAU offers Doctor of Philosophy programme as a part of its Ph.D. Programme.
Doctor of Philosophy
- The university offers the doctors of Philosophy programme with 15 specializations such as Shalya Tantra, Panchakarma, Rasa Shashtra, Dravyaguna, Kayachikitsa, Shalakya Tantra
- Students who have obtained a master’s degree in Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Yoga, Siddha, Bioscience, and Sanskrit with a minimum of 55% aggregate in case of the general category are eligible to take admission.
- 50% aggregate marks are required for ST/SC students to be eligible to take admission in the Ph.D. programme
- Faculty members applying for the Ph.D. programme need to have worked for at least 1 year.
Why Uttarakhand Ayurved University?
- UAU is the first Ayurved University in India.
- The faculty members have dedicated their time at UAU in promoting Ayurveda Globally.
- The faculty members are also associated with many reputed institutions in India and abroad.
- The official research journal of UAU known as Ayurscientifica is an International Journal of Traditional and Integrative Medical Sciences.
- The research and Development department of UAU is also reaching heights with it researches in many significant fields of medicine such as Inflammation, Diabetes, aging, Cancer etc
- With the market for herbal medicine growing by 15% every year, Uttarakhand Ayurved University is the best place to be at.