IIM Bodhgaya, earlier named IIM Bihar, is the 16th IIM in the family of IIMs. It follows the footprints of its mentor institute IIM Calcutta. IIM Bodhgaya is placed 24th among the top B-Schools in India by The Week 2020 rankings. The flagship program of the institute is the Post Graduate Program (PGP). IIM Bodhgaya PGP Admission is done through CAP, based on CAT exam score. CAP consists of PI round. The CAT Cutoff for the year 2021 is fixed at 93 for PI shortlisting. IIM Bodhgaya also conduct SAP for candidates who do not qualify CAP. Know more about IIM Bodhgaya Course & Fees
IIM Bodghaya also offers Ph.D. in Management and has recently launched 5-year IPM programme. Admission to IPM is based on JIPMAT exam. Whereas, Ph.D admission is based on CAT/ GRE/ GMAT/ GATE/ JRF (UGC/CSIR). The institute also considers past academic record and work experience for bithe courses can calls students for PI round. Check IIM Bodhgaya Admission 2021.
To bring the international exposure and cultural diversity, IIM Bodhgaya has established collaboration with many prominent institutes in France, Russia, Mexico, Italy, Venezuela, Mexico and South Korea.
IIM Bodhgaya Admission Updates
- IIM Bodhgaya has launched Integarted Programme in Management (IPM) course. Admission to it will be based on JIPMAT, recently introduced by NTA. JIPMAT wil be conducted across 78 cities of India and will contain objective type questions
- Registration for JIPMAT started from April 01 and the last date to register is April 30, 5 PM. The Entrance test is scheduled on June 20.
- Candidates who have passed class 12th with 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWD/Transgender) and have secured 60% in class 10th are eligible to apply for JIPMAT.
- IIM Bodhgaya is inviting Ph.D. Applications from eligible students, The last date to apply is March 31, 2021.
- The IIM Bodhgaya selection criteria 2021 will include CAT score (40%), PI (30%), and Profile weightage (30%).
- The shortlisting of the candidates for the PGP 2021 program has been completed. Check IIM Bodhgaya Shortlist status
- For candidates, who could not qualify the CAP 2021 will get another chance through the Supplementary Admission Process (SAP 2021). The performance of the candidate in WAT & PI of CAP 2021 and SAP 2021 would be considered for preparing the merit list. Check IIM Bodhgaya Admissions
Why IIM Bodhgaya?
- IIM Bodhgaya has acheived 24th position in The Week 2020 amongst top management institutes of India. Read more IIM Bodhgaya Ranking.
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bodhgaya has added 30 seats for female candidates. Earlier the intake capacity at IIM Bodhgaya was 150 seats, now it has increased to 180.
- The placements at IIM Bodhgaya has been started for the year 2021-21 The highest CTC offered is INR 18 LPA by Maruti Suzuki. Check IIM Bodhgaya Placements
- IIM Bodhgaya is one of the few IIMs involving SAP in their admission process.
- The student to faculty ratio at IIM Bodhgaya is 10:1 and the faculty members belong to old IIMs holding Ph.D. degrees in their relevant fields. Check More IIM Bodhgaya Faculty Profiles
- IIM Bodhgaya is in collaboration with ESC Clermont Graduate School of Management (France), Montpellier Business School (France), Alba Graduate Business School (Greece), SolBridge International School of Business (South Korea), Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administracion (Venezuela), the University of Florence (Italy), University De Monterrey (UDEM, Mexico), etc.
- IIM Bodhgaya is the third IIM to start Integrated Program in Management (IPM) after IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak.
IIM Bodhgaya Courses
|PGP (Postgraduate Program in Management)||Business Management||
Eligibility: 50% aggregate marks in Graduation
Selection: CAT + PI
|Total fees: INR 10 Lacs|
|IPM (Integrated Program in Management)||-||
Eligibility: 60% aggregate marks in 10+2/ XII/ HSC
Selection: JIPMAT + PI
|Total Fees: INR 12 Lacs|
|Ph.D.||Marketing, Economics, Finance & Accounting, IT & Systems, Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques and OBHRM||
Eligibility: 60% aggregate marks in Post Graduation
Read More: IIM Bodhgaya Course & Fees
IIM Bodhgaya MBA
Students completing 2-year flagship PGP in management are awarded an MBA degree by IIM Bodhgaya. The course fee for the IIM Bodhgaya MBA program is a total of INR 10 Lacs which is affordable and very less compared to other IIMs. The 10 Lacs of amount covers Tuition, Library, Internet, Case Permission Royalty, Course Material, Hostel Room Rent, Medical Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Alumni Activity. Check IIM Bodhgaya Loan Facility
The program is ranked 24th by The Week 2020 amongst top management institutes in India. IIM Bodhgaya MBA gives 100% placement to students for both final and summer placements. The ROI is high, with INR 10 Lacs of fees, the students get an average CTC of INR 11 LPA. For summer internships, the average stipend received is INR 50,000.
The curriculum of the course involves the latest trends in Operations such as Healthcare Operations and Waste Management which is very helpful for the students choosing careers in such fields. Know more about IIM Bodhgaya Selection Criteria.
IIM Bodhgaya MBA Cut off 2021
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bodhgaya has released CAT Cutoff to shortlist students for CAP process. The table below show the sectional and overall cut off for the same:
|Category||DILR||VARC||QA||CAT 2020 Overall percentile|
IIM Bodhgaya has its own PI shortlisting criteria known as SAP for candidates who fail to meet CAP cutoff criteria. The cutoff is separate for All Candidares and Female candidates as given below:
For All Candidates
For Female Candidates
Read More: IIM Bodhgaya Cutoff
IIM Bodhgaya Class Profile 2020
The gender profile of the IIM Bodhgaya includes 66% male students and 34% female students. The class profile involves 74% fresher students with no work experience while 14% of the students have 1-12 months of experience. The chart below shows the academic background of the students in the batch of IIM Bodhgaya MBA 2020:
IIM Bodhgaya Placement
IIM Bodhgaya has kickstarted the placement process for 2020-21 session. The key highlights observed till now are:
- Sectors like IT/ Consulting, Finance and Sales & Marketing are offering maximum job roles to students.
- The highest package recorded is INR 18 LPA while the minimum package stood at INR 10 LPA.
- The top-notch companies rolling out offers to students included TCS, AGS Transact, Tafigura, BNY Mellon, Maruti Suzuki, crompton Greaves, KPMG, Ktak Mahindra Bank.
IIM Bodhgaya Placement Report
|No. of students participated||66|
|Total No. of offers made||53|
|Total companies participated||83|
|Average CTC||INR 11.02 LPA|
|Highest CTC||INR 20 LPA|
|Median CTC||INR 10.5 LPA|
|Average CTC of Top 20% students||INR 15.65 LPA|
|Average CTC of Top 50% students||INR 13.37 LPA|
In the final placement drive, students were offered job roles in profiles like Marketing Sales, Brand Management, Wealth Management, Project Management, Corporate Strategy, Operations & Logistics, Business Analyst, etc.
The maximum roles offered were in the BFSI sector and the very less students were placed in Security profiles. The chart below shows function-wise placements of IIM Bodhgaya students:
Some of the prominent recruiters of the Institute include Reliance Groups, State Bank of India, Kotak Mutual Fund, VLCC, BYJUs, Airtel, Yes Bank, DS Group, BIBA, Capital Trust, Shree Cement Limited, etc.
Read More: IIM Bodhgaya Placements
IIM Bodhgaya NBFA
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bodhgaya provides Need-Based Financial Assistance (NBFA) to PGP students. NBFA scheme provides financial assistance based on the family income of student as below:
|Candidates having Family income||Eligibility (%)|
|Up - to 1.5 Lakh Per Annum||100%|
|More than 1.5 Lakh up to 3 Lakh Per Annum||75%|
|More than 3 Lakh up to 5 Lakh Per Annum||50%|
|More than 5 Lakh up to 8 Lakh Per Annum||25%|
Under NBFA, the Family means self, spouse, and both the living parents for the purpose of computing the income of the Family. Check IIM Bodhgaya Reviews
IIM Bodhgaya Scholarships
IIM BG provides the following scholarships to its students pursuing various courses:
|Scholarship Name||Awarded by||How to avail?|
|Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for Scheduled Castes Students||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment||Click Here|
|Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for Scheduled Tribes Students||Ministry of Tribal Affairs||NA|
|Merit-cum means based scholarship scheme belonging to the minority communities||Ministry of Minority Affairs||Click Here|
|Scheme of Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities||-||Click Here|
Read More: IIM Bodhgaya Scholarship
IIM Bodhgaya FAQs
Ques. Which college is better, IIM Sirmaur or IIM Bodhgaya?
Ans. The table below shows a comparison of the two institutes:
|Particulars||IIM Sirmaur||IIM Bodhgaya|
|NIRF Rankings 2020||-||-|
|Average CTC||INR 11.8 LPA||INR 11.02 LPA|
|Highest CTC||INR 26 LPA||INR 20 LPA|
|CAT Cut off||93||93|
Ques. How is the study environment at IIM Bodhgaya?
Ans. IIM Bodhgaya is mentored by IIM Calcutta and delivers the best faculty members who belong to the old IIMs. The visiting faculties of the institute come from IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Ranchi, and IIM Indore.
The classroom at IIM Bodhgaya involves Case Study discussions, Group Projects, and Individual assignments. The second-year students are always willing to help first-year students in Case studies, CV & Resume writing, extracurricular activities within the campus.
The regular guest lectures at the institute are by the leading industry experts which build a Global Perspective among the students at IIM Bodhgaya.
Ques. What are the factors considered for the final admission at IIM Bodhgaya?
Ans. The final merit list of IIM Bodhgaya for the MBA admissions include CAT score, PI marks, and the profile of the student:
- CAT score: 40%
- PI: 30%
- Profile: 30%
- Academic Profile: 12%
- 10th Standard: 4%
- 12th Standard: 4%
- Graduation: 4%
- Work Experience: 12%
- Diversity: 6%
- Academic Profile: 12%
Ques. What are the questions asked in the interview round?
Ans. The panel at the interviewer asks questions related to your career choices, work place, work profile, and general awareness. A few of the examples of the questions asked are as follows:
- Tell me something about yourself?
- Why MBA?
- What are your key skills/ greatest strengths?
- Where do you see yourself five years down the line?
- What are your short-term/long-term goals?
- What are your future plans in terms of your job?
- What were your job roles?
- Would you like to keep working in the same company after your MBA?
- What have you learned through your previous experiences?
- What is inflation? What are the causes of inflation?
- What is GDP?
- What is global warming?
Ques. Is there a reservation criterion at IIM Bodhgaya?
Ans. IIM Bodhgaya reserves seats for the following categories per the rules of government:
|Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
Ques. How is the life of a student at IIM Bodhgaya?
Ans. The Institute provides hostel facilities with single sharing rooms with housekeeping staff to regular clean rooms. The academic block of the Institute constitutes fully air-conditioned classrooms and are equipped with projectors.
Ques. Is IIM Bodhgaya worth joining?
Ans. Being the new IIM, it has proved itself worthy and keeping up the brand value. In 2018, all the students got placed and it has secured 100% summer placement. Under the guidance of IIM-C faculties, the institution has marked 44% growth in summer placement. IIM Bodhgaya has visiting faculties from IIM Ahmedabad, IIM-Calcutta and all other IIMs and non-IIMs.
Ques. How in the hostel facility at IIM Bodhgaya?
Ans. IIM Bodhgaya hostel has all the necessary facilities like 24 hrs power supply, internet via wifi and LAN both, washing machines, geysers, and watercoolers, mess facility which will run in the late night also. For entertainment purposes, the students have a common room with TV, carrom boards, chess boards, LAN games, etc.