Presidency University was established in 2013 and situated in Bangalore, Karnataka. It falls under the flagship of Presidency Group of Institutions (PGI), which has 6 schools and a college. Recently, PGI has been awarded as ‘Most Promising Institute in South India’ at the British South India Council of Commerce and Business meets in 2014.
Presidency University Bangalore has three schools which offer various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral programmes. These are:
Presidency University Bangalore Highlights
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Type of University
Presidency University Bangalore Courses and Eligibility
- Presidency University Bangalore offers admissions in courses like B.Tech, BA.LL.B, BBA.LL.B and B.Com.LL.B.
- For admission in B.Tech, the candidate must have passed 12th class with 50% minimum marks and 45% for reserved categories. Along with this, a valid score card of JEE Main/ COMDEK/KCET is compulsory.
- For BA.LL.B, BBA.LL.B and B.Com.LL.B, the candidate should have completed 12th with minimum 45% marks (40% for reserved category) and valid score card of CLAT/LSAT are required.
Read more: Presidency University Bangalore Admissions
- Presidency University Bangalore also offers PG courses in MBA which specializes in Marketing, Human Resource, Management, Finance, and Operation & Supply Chain Management.
- For admission in MBA, the candidate must be graduated in any discipline with minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved category).
- Also, valid score card in CAT/XAT/MAT/NMAT/CMAT/Karnataka- PGCET. After rounds of Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) candidate gets admission in Presidency University.
Know more: Presidency University Bangalore Fees
Presidency University Bangalore Placements
The placement cell in Presidency University Bangalore emphasis on provide training and skills to students so that their chances in getting job offers will increase. Mandatory 75% attendance is necessary is reuqired from the students in order to be sit in placements.
The university provides:
- Soft skills Training and Activities
- Certification Programmes
- Placement Preparation Activities
Major recruiters include Infosys, Aditya Birla Group, WIPRO, ORACLE, Axis Bank and many more.
Sector wise Placement- MBA
Read more: Presidency University Bangalore Placements
Presidency University Bangalore Scholarships
- In MBA, Scholarships are given to students who perform well in Entrance exam like CAT/MAT or who perform well in academics. The concession in fees is up to Rs.75,000 /-.
- In B.Tech and LAW courses, concession up to Rs. 50,000/- is provided for good performance in Entrance Exam and Academics.
- Moreover, scholarships based on Sports, Physically challenged, Defense category etc. are also provided.
Presidency University Bangalore Key Points
- The University equips students with relevant skills necessary for the corporate environment.
- The state of art library facilitates students with online databases like Manupatra etc. to promote research-based studies.
- The students at Presidency University get an opportunity to do internships from the first year itself.
- The Honors curriculum opens wide opportunities for the student to choose any specialization area.