Symbiosis International University, Bangalore (SIUB) is a private university established in year 2008. The Bangalore premises comprises of two schools: Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) and Symbiosis School of Media and Communication (SSMC).
Symbiosis International University Bangalore Highlights
|Affiliation and Approval||Deemed University|
|Courses||MBA and PGDM|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
- 20,000+ Students
- 43 departments across eight disciplines
- 85+ Countries students studying
Symbiosis International University Bangalore Courses
The SIU Bangalore offers courses in management field viz. MBA and PGDM.
Course 1: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Eligibility: Any Graduate with above 50% marks.
- Specialization: Finance, Human Resource, Operations, Marketing Management.
- Duration: 2 years
Course 2: Master of Business Administration in Communication Management (MBA-CM)
- Eligibility: Any graduate with above 50% marks.
- Specialization: Communication Management
- Duration: 2 years
Course 3: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Eligibility: Any graduate with above 50% marks
- Specialization:Marketing Management, Financial Management, Operation Managment, Human Resource Management, Business Analytics
- Duration: 2 years
Note:Admission to these courses is based on SNAP Entrance Exam followed by GD and PI.
Read More Symbiosis International University Courses and Fees
Symbiosis International University Bangalore Admissions
Candidates who wish to pursue various PG programs in the university can apply for the same online. Here are the detailed procedure and steps to apply:
Step 1: Visit the official website of ‘Symbiosis International University, Bangalore’.
Step 2: Click on Admissions tab.
Step 3: Click on the course applying for and then ‘Apply online’.
Step 4: Fill all the details correctly in the Registration Form.
Step 5: Pay the application fees of INR 1750 (for MBA), INR 1500 (for MBA Executive) and INR 1000 for PG Diploma program.
Step 6: On successful submission of the application fee, click on ‘Submit’ button.
Step 7: On clicking, the duly filled application form will appear on the screen.
Step 8: Download and take a print out of the same and keep it safe for future references.
Read More Symbiosis International University Admissions
Symbiosis International University Bangalore Scholarships
There are several financial services available for meritorious and socially backward students. Few of them are listed below:
- Merit based PG Scholarships
- Jayatee Deshmukh PG Scholarship for a Girl Student
- Malhotra Weikfield Foundation Scholarship for MBA-IB
- Alumni Scholarship for first rank in MBA-IB
- Alumni Scholarship for second rank in MBA-IB
- Merit based UG Scholarships
- Jayatee Deshmukh UG Scholarship for a Girl Student
- Adv. Ram Jethmalani Scholarship for Topper in Law of Evidence
- Adv. S. K. Jain Scholarship for Toppers in BBA LLB and BA LLB
- S.N. Gupta Scholarship for Topper in Law of Contracts
- Nani A. Palkhiwala Memorial Trust Scholarship for Toppers in Taxation Course and Constitution Course
- The Shantanu Tomar Scholarship for all round excellence in first four years of BBA/BA LLB
- Late Rajeev Agarwala Award for Excellence in Company Law and Taxation Law
Symbiosis International University Placements
Students are prepared for placements by introducing them to interact through Guest lectures, Workshops, Corporate Summits, Industry-specific Conclaves and Research Projects.
The major recruiters are Infosys, VOLVO, Honeywell, WIPRO, JP Morgan Chase, DELL, GENPACT, CISCO and many more.
Final Placement Statistics
|Highest Salary Package||25 lpa|
|Average Salary Package||9.67 lpa|
|Lowest Salary Package||9.50 lpa|
Read More Symbiosis International University Bangalore Placements
Symbiosis International University Bangalore Facilities
- Health Facility : Symbiosis University Hospital and Research Centre (SUHRC) is a 300 bedded healthcare facility that is located in the Lavale campus of the Symbiosis International University (SIU), providing healthcare facilities to this underserved part of the state. The surrounding area is semi-urban with approximately 32 villages being located within a 12 kilometres radius.
- Library: SIU Central Library is housed in a newly constructed, independent and spacious building located at the Lavale campus. The location of the Central Library overlooks the beautiful landscape around the building. The pleasant environment and the well-furnished reading area inspire students to learn and conduct research. University subscribes 181430 e-books for their users of all institutes and made accessible to them.
- Sports: Sports & Games are essential components of human resource development, helping to promote good health, comradeship & spirit of healthy competition which in turn has a positive impact on holistic development of personality of the Youth who is a potential source of energy, enthusiasm and inspiration for development, progress and prosperity of a Nation.
- Hostel: The excellent infrastructure at all campuses of the University helps in effective planning and delivery of academic programmes.All campuses of the University have hostels for girls and boys with indoor and outdoor sports facilities and Health Care Centres. Facilities for extra-curricular activities are also thoughtfully created and the administrative offices for managing the activities of thousands of students are adequate.
About Symbiosis International University Bangalore
Symbiosis International (Deemed University) is nestled on a beautiful 300 acre campus, the Symbiosis Knowledge Village, on the outskirts of the city of Pune in Maharashtra, India. The University's name fittingly captures the quintessence of the relationship with International students; a mutually beneficial bond between India and the International student community. It was given "Deemed to be University" status by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2002 also re-accredited by NAAC with Grade 'A' and CGPA of 3.58 on a four point scale.
Symbiosis International University FAQs
Question.If my score is less should I come for admission round, as I have to travel from a far-off place?
Ans. The general cut-offs are informed via mail and displayed on the website approximately one week prior to the admission round. If the candidate score is very less than the cut-off, then he/she can directly apply for the waiting list.
Ques. Should I bring all the fees at the time of admission round?
Ans. Yes, candidate has to bring a DD of the amount 1,50,000/-. The DD should be drawn in favour of "Symbiosis Institute of Technology",Pune, payable at Pune. This DD is mandatory for seat allocation.
Ques. If the PCM aggregate is less than 45%, but the competitive exam score is quite good, what are the chances for admission in that case?
Ans. If the percentage in the defined subjects is less than 45% for General candidates and below 40% for Reserved candidates, admission is not possible at SIT.
Ques.Is the accommodation available at the time of the admission round? What is the procedure for the same?
Ans. Candidates have to make their own stay arrangements at the time of admission round. We will however uploaded on the website details of accommodation available in nearby hotels etc.
Ques. In case we register for the waiting list along with a demand draft Rs.1,50,000/- ,how much money is refunded if we do not get the admission?
Ans. Kindly refer to the refund rules. Refund can be taken either by physically collecting the DD from the institute or you can email your refund request to email@example.com along with the detail address on which the DD would be couriered.