Maharaja Ranjit Singh Punjab Technical University, abbreviated as MRSPTU, was established by the Punjab State Government in the year 2015 at Bathinda. The University offers UG, PG, Ph.D. programmes. The institution is approved by AICTE and UGC. Admission into the college takes place on merit-basis through entrance exams like JEE, CMAT, GATE, and NATA. The University is a member of the Association of India Universities and it has 6 constituent colleges functioning under the aegis of Maharaja Ranjit Singh Punjab Technical University.
MRSPTU Bathinda Highlights
|Established | Institution Type||2015 | State University|
|Approved by||AICTE and UGC|
|Set by||Punjab State Government|
|Exams accepted||JEE, CMAT, GATE, NATA, NEET|
|Total number of programmes||66 courses across 17 streams (UG and PG)|
|Admission Criteria||Merit -based and Entrance-based|
MRSPTU Bathinda Courses
The institution offers both UG and PG courses. The courses, its specialization, and its eligibility are discussed in the table given below.
|B.Tech.||Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Textile Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, Food Technology, and Aeronautical Engineering.||Pass in 10+2 scoring least 45% with physics, Chemistry, and Biology / Mathematics as the main subjects from recognized board.|
|B.Sc.||Agriculture, Non-medical, Bio Technology, Medical Lab Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Fashion Design, Fashion Technology, and Aircraft Maintenance Engineering.||Pass in 10+2 scoring least 45% with physics, Chemistry, and Biology / Mathematics as the main subjects from recognized board.|
|B.Arch.||-||Pass in 10+2 scoring least 45% with physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the main subjects from recognized board.|
|B.Pharma.||-||Pass in 10+2 scoring least 45% with physics, Chemistry, and Biology / Mathematics / Biotechnology as the main subjects from recognized board.|
|BBA||-||Must have passed 10+2 with an aggregate of at least 50% in any stream from recognized board.|
|B.Com.||-||Pass in 10+2 examination conducted from any board and recognized by Central/ State Government through Legislation.|
|BCA||-||Must have passed 10+2 with an aggregate of at least 50% in any stream from recognized board.|
|M.Tech.||Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Power Systems), Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, and Computer Applications.||Pass in BE/ B.Tech. or equivalent degree in relevant stream from a from recognized institute/ university with a minimum of 50% aggregate.|
|M.Sc.||Bio Technology, Fashion Technology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Medical Lab Science, Information Technology, Mathematics and Computing, Food Science and Technology, Clinical Research, and Computer Science.||The candidate must have completed UG degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized University with their specialization stream as one of their main subjects.|
|M.Pharma.||Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Quality Assurance, and Pharmaceutical Chemistry.||B.Pharma. from a recognized Institute/University with minimum aggregate of 55% marks.|
|M.Arch.||-||B.E./B.Tech. in Civil or B.Arch. with minimum of 50% marks in qualifying examination from a recognized University.|
|MBA||-||Holding any UG degree from a recognized University.|
|MCA||-||Pass in UG degree with Mathematics / Statistics / Business Mathematics as one of their subjects from a recognized University.|
|M.Com.||-||Must have completed UG Degree in Commerce/ Management/Business Administration from any University recognized by UGC, with at least 50% marks|
|D.Pharma.||-||Must have completed PG degree on M.Pharma. course with a minimum of 55% aggregate from a recognized university.|
Read More MRSPTU Bathinda Courses and Fees
MRSPTU Bathinda Admission
The admission of the candidates is based on the candidate's performance in the competitive exams and the academic performance in the school. Apart from that, there are seats reserved in the ratio of 85:15 for the Punjab candidates and rest of India respectively. The admission process for UG and PG are discussed separately below,
For UG courses,
- For B.Tech., admission is based on JEE Main score, followed by a university level counselling round.
- B.Arch., candidates are given admission based on their NATA score.
- For other UG programmes, admission is based on merit only.
For PG courses,
- For M.Tech. programmes, candidates are required to have a good GATE score.
- Admission to MBA programme is based on candidate's performance in CMAT.
- For other PG programmes, admission is based on merit only.
The mode of admission here is online.
- The candidates can register their name for the particular course by downloading the application form from the official website.
- Fill the form.
- Attach all the needed documents.
- Pay the appropriate fees prescribed online.
- Submit the application.
Read More MRSPTU Bathinda Admission
MRSPTU Bathinda Placements
The university holds a good reputation when it comes to placements. The placement cell is well administered and almost 60% of the students get placed every year. Few top companies that participate in the placement are as follows:
- Nestle India
- Max Life Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
- Skycon technologies
- Jindal Electrical Machinery
Read More MRSPTU Bathinda Placements
MRSPTU Bathinda Scholarships
The university provides two scholarships for the students. They are as follows:
- Chief Minister Scholarship- This scholarship is for the meritorious students who have secured good ranks in the entrance exams. Hence, it is offered for courses including B.Tech., B.Arch., B.Pharma., M Tech, M.Arch., and M.Pharma.
- Post Matric Scholarship- The candidates belonging to SC / ST categories are eligible for the benefit of this scholarship scheme as per the Punjab Government norms.
Read More MRSPTU Bathinda Scholarships
MRSPTU Bathinda Facilities
The following are the facilities provided by the institution:
- Library- The library contains a vast collection of over 43,000 volumes of books and a variety of e-resources like e-books and e-journals.
- Computer lab- The computer lab manages the whole network throughout the college and it gives access of many useful software to students.
- Transport- It consists of two 52-seater buses that makes transport facility available all over Bathinda city. There is also an ambulance present which is equipped with basic first aid kits in case of an emergency.
- Gym- There is a Gym with well-equipped instruments to maintain the fitness of the students.
- Hostel- The university provides hostel facilities for both boys and girls along with mineral water and a tight security.
- Medical- There is a dispensary with qualified medical staff which is active all throughout in case of any emergency.
Read More MRSPTU Bathinda Hostel
MRSPTU Bathinda FAQs
Ques. How many hostels does MRSPTU Bathinda provide?
Ans. It provides 5 boys and 2 girls hostels for the students who come from other parts of India to study.
Ques. Are entrance exams accepted by MRSPTU Bathinda?
Ans. Yes, it accepts entrance exams like CMAT, NATA, CAT, JEE Main, GATE, and NEET.
Ques. How many courses does MRSPTU Bathinda offer?
Ans. It offers more than 80+ courses including the Ph.D. and lateral entry courses.
Ques. Is there Scholarships provided at MRSPTU Bathinda?
Ans. Yes, scholarships are provided for supporting the weaker section of the society as well as for the hard-working students who have managed to get good results in the qualifying exams.
Ques. What is the mode of admission in MRSPTU Bathinda?
Ans. The mode of admission is filling the application form online.
Ques. Is there any transport facility available at MRSPTU Bathinda?
Ans. Yes, the university contains two 52-seater buses for transportation inside the Bathinda city.