Maharaja Ranjit Singh Punjab Technical University (MRSPTU) formerly known as Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical University is located in Bathinda, Punjab. It is a Non-Profitable State University that was established in the year 2015. The University offers various UG, PG, and Ph.D. courses such as B.Tech, B.Sc., MCA, M.Com, and many more. Admissions to such courses are done on the basis of several entrance exams conducted at the national and state level. The University consists of more than 50 faculty members and an active placement cell that has 70% placement records.
LatestFor JEE Main 2020:
Online Registration ends on September 30, 2019. Visit the official website – https://jeemain.nic.in Read moreFor GATE 2020:
Online Registration ends on September 28, 2019 (Extended). Visit the official website – http://gate.iitd.ac.in/ Read more
|Official Website||www.mrsptu.ac.in |
|Entrance Exam||National-level: JEE Main, NATA, GATE, and CMAT|
|Type of Program | No. of Program||UG, PG, and Certificate Courses | 80+|
|Mode of Applying||Online|
Maharaja Ranjit Singh Punjab Technical University offers undergraduate, postgraduate, skill-based courses, and doctoral programs. The table below indicates the name of the courses with their eligibility criteria:
|B.Tech (Aeronautical Engr., Food Tech., Information Tech., Electrical & Electronics Engr., Computer Science & Engr., Textile Engr., Electronics & Communications Engr, Electrical Engr, and Mechanical Engr),
- Intermediate(10+2) in Science with at least 45%.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology as main subjects.
|B.Sc. (Fashion Design, Fashion Tech., Information Tech., Medical Lab Science, Biotech, Agri., Mathematics, and more)|
|BCA and BBA||Intermediate(10+2) in any stream with at least 45%|
|M.Tech in above-mentioned specializations|
- B.Tech in the relevant courses with at least 55%
- A valid score in GATE
|M.Arch||B.Arch with at least 55%|
|M.Pharm||B.Pharm with at least 55%|
- Intermediate graduate in any with at least 45%
- a valid score in CMAT
|MCA||BCA or B.Sc. (CS/IT) with at least 55%|
|M.Com||B.Com (Prog/ Hons) with at least 55%|
|M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Fashion Technology, Biotechnology, Medical Lab Science, Information Tech., Clinical Research, Computer Science, and more||B.Sc. (Hons) in relevant specialization with at least 55%|
|Ph.D. in above-mentioned specializations||Master degree in relevant course with at least 45%|
MRSPTU Skill-based Certificate courses
PG Skill Certification in Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Control, Hospital Administration, Pharmaceutical Marketing & Entrepreneurship, and Pharmacovigilance & Clinical Trials.
Skill Certificate in Welding, Tool & Die Making, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic, Servicing and Maintaining of Electronics Instruments, Computer Maintenance & Programming Assistant, Skill Certificate Course in Electrician, CAD/CAM, Sewing Operator, Computer Proficiency-I, Medical Lab. Technology, and Functional English.
Eligibility to PG Skill Certification and Skill Certificate are intermediate graduate and Higher Secondary(10+2) respectively
Check: MRSPTU Courses and Fees
Admission to various undergraduate, postgraduate, certificate, doctoral programs is done on the basis of qualifying marks in various entrance exams and past academic records. 85% of the total seats in each course are reserved for the applications from Punjab state and rest 15% of seats are open to applicants from all over.
Application forms as per courses are available on the official website. Candidates, fill-in the form with correct academic, personal details, and make a payment as per your course and category.
MRSPTU Postgraduate Selection
The University offers M.Tech, M.Arch, M.Pharm, M.Sc., MBA programs at the Postgraduate level. Applying candidates must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized University / Institute.
- The selection of the M.Tech program will be on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in the GATE entrance exam.
- Admission to the MBA programs will be on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the CMAT exam.
MRSPTU Undergraduate Selection
The University offers B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm, several specializations in B.Sc., BBA, BCA programs at the undergraduate level. Selection procedure for such courses are given below
- The selection to B.Tech program will be done on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in the Joint Entrance Exam Main (JEE Main)
- The selection to B.Arch program will be done on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
- The selection to BBA, BCA, B.Sc., B.Com(Hons)., and BMS will be done the basis of marks secured by the candidate in the written entrance test conducted by the university.
- The selection of B.Pharm will be done on the basis of marks obtained in higher secondary education.
MRSPTU Ph.D. Admission
The University offers Ph.D. programs in eleven specializations at the Doctorate level. Candidates should have done Master's in the concerned discipline with at least 55% marks in order to be eligible for Doctorate degree.
The selection of the programs will be on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in the PET entrance exam.
Note: Candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR-NET, SET-TS or JEST examination are exempted from appearing in PET.
Also, Check MRSPTU Admissions
- Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme for GATE qualified candidates.
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme will benefit candidates from SC/ST communities.
- Computer Centre: Computer Centre administers and manages entire Campus Wide Networking. The Centre encourages free and open-source software like GNU Linux, open office and other software.
- Library: The library has a collection of over 42,000 Volumes of reference, textbooks related to engineering and allied subjects. The library has a rich collection of E-resources, Textbooks, BIS codes, VCD, Directories, Yearbooks, and Biographical sources and General books including novels. The electronic library has 23 systems to access the E-Journals, E-books, CD/DVD’s, more.
- Transport: Transport department has two 52 seater buses which are used for transport of students from Bathinda city and these buses are used for educational and industrial tours. Department has one ambulance which is used during an emergency for the shifting of sick students or staff for medical aid.
- Hostel: The Institute provides separate hostel facilities for boys and girls. All hostels are facilitated with modern amenities like 24 hours of security, mineral water, common – reading room, indoor games, and telephone.
- Medical: The College has fully equipped OPD. It is six bedded, 24 hours dispensary with qualified medical staff for routine, emergency cases. Medicines are provided free of cost to students. College also maintains an Ambulance for the convenience of students, faculty, and staff during an emergency.