Maharaja Ranjit Singh Punjab Technical University (MRSPTU) formerly known as Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical University is located in Bathinda, Punjab. It is a Non-Profitable State University that was established by the Govt. of Punjab Under section 2 and Act no. 5 in the year 2015. The University offers various UG, PG and PhD courses to the candidates.
Know more about MRSPTU Application Process
AICTE and UGC
65+ Technical journals
4 (Boys hostel)
2 (Girls hostel)
How to Reach
6.2 Km from Bathinda Railway Station
6.6 Km from Bathinda Bus Stand
28.5 Km from Bathinda Airport
MRSPTU Courses and Admission
The University offers B.Tech, B.Arch, BBA, B.Sc., BCA, B.Com, B.Pharm, Pharm.D, programs at the Undergraduate level and M.Tech, M.Arch, M.Pharm, M.Sc., MBA programs at the Postgraduate level. Additionally, the university also offers PhD program in several specializations at the Doctorate level.
MRSPTU Undergraduate Admission
The University offers B.Tech, B.Arch, BBA, B.Sc., BCA, B.Com, B.Pharm and Pharm.D programs at the Undergraduate level. Admission to these courses will on the basis of marks acquired by the candidate in 10+2 in any discipline.
- Candidates applying for B.Tech, B.Sc., B.Pharm and Pharm.D must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects.
- To apply for B.Tech (Lateral Entry) program a candidate must hold a three-year Diploma in Engineering and Technology with minimum 45% marks overall.
- For B.Tech program selection will be based on the marks secured by the candidate in JEE Main entrance exam.
- To apply for B.Arch program the candidate must pass NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture).
MRSPTU Postgraduate Admission
The University offers M.Tech, M.Arch, M.Pharm, M.Sc., MBA programs at the Postgraduate level. Applying candidate must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized University / Institute.
- Selection to M.Tech program will be on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in GATE entrance exam.
- Admission to MBA program will be on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in CMAT exam.
MRSPTU PHD Admission
The University offers PhD program in eleven specializations at the Doctorate level. Candidates should have done Master’s in the concerned discipline with at least 55% marks in order to be eligible for Doctorate degree. Selection to the program will be on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in PET entrance exam. Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET, CSIR-NET, SET-TS or JEST examination are exempted from appearing in PET.
Check Courses and Fees Structure
- Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme for GATE qualified candidates.
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme will benefit candidates from SC/ST communities.
- Computer Centre : Computer Centre administers and manages entire Campus Wide Networking. The Centre encourages free and open source software like GNU Linux, open office and other software.
- Library : The library has a collection of over 42,000 Volumes of reference, text books related to engineering and allied subjects. The library has a rich collection of E-resources, Textbooks, BIS codes, VCD, Directories, Yearbooks, and Biographical sources and General books including novels. Electronic library has 23 systems to access the E-Journals, E-books, CD/DVD’s etc
- Transport : Transport department has two 52 seater buses which are used for transport of students from Bathinda city and these buses are used for educational and industrial tours. Department has one ambulance which is used during emergency for shifting of sick students or staff for medical aid.
- Hostel : The Institute provides separate hostel facility for boys and girls. All hostels are facilitated with modern amenities like 24 hours security, mineral water, common – reading room, indoor games and telephone.
- Medical : The College has fully equipped OPD. It is six bedded, 24 hours dispensary with qualified medical staff for routine, emergency cases. Medicines are provided free of cost to students. College also maintains an Ambulance for the convenience of students, faculty and staff during emergency.