Mahindra University, Hyderabad is among the well-known international technology schools that marks the venture of the USD 20.7 billion Mahindra Group into the higher education sector. MEC Hyderabad was established in 2014 on collaboration with École Centrale Paris (now CentraleSupélec) and JNTU Hyderabad. MEC falls under Mahindra Educational Institutions which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mahindra Group’s IT venture, Tech Mahindra. École Centrale Paris (now CentraleSupélec) is one of the oldest and most prestigious engineering institutions in France.
Mahindra University has begun admission to B.Tech for 2021-2022. Applications for the first round of SAT interactions can be submitted by February 16, 2021. Admission applications through JEE Mains score are to be submitted by May 31, 2021. Candidates can visit the official website to apply.
The 4 year Degree Certification of MU (B.Tech) is conferred by JNTUH. At MEC, the contemporary, industry-aligned program is designed to shape not just engineers, but technocrats with the ability to master the complexity of multinational organizations. Industry apprenticeships, research, and development are key aspects of learning at MEC. The institute has a very highly qualified faculty as well as a world-class infrastructure. MEC’s global pedigree, industry focus, unique pedagogical model, world-class faculty and outstanding facilities are designed to set the college’s engineering graduates apart from even the most reputed Indian engineering institutions.
Mahindra University Highlights
|Selection Criteria||JEE Main, JEE Advanced|
Schools at Mahindra University
- Mahindra École Centrale School of Engineering
- School of Management
- School of Law
- Indira Mahindra School of Education
- School of Media & Liberal Arts
- School of Design
Mahindra University Courses
The university offers UG, PG and Ph.D programs in the following streams:
|B.Tech||Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Computation & Mathematics, Electronics & Computer Engineering||10+2 with a minimum of 80% aggregate marks + obtained valid marks in JEE (Main) or SAT score / ACT / SAT|
|M.Tech||-||B.Tech from a recognized university|
|BBA||-||10+2 from a recognized board|
|BA||Applied Economics, Mass Communication||10+2 from a recognized board|
|MBA||-||BBA from a recognized university|
|LLB||-||10+2 from a recognized board|
|LLM||-||LLM from a recognized university|
|B.Ed||-||10+2 from a recognized board|
|M.Ed||-||B.Ed from a recognized university|
|MA||-||BA from a recognized university|
|B.Des||-||10+2 from a recognized board|
|M.Des||-||B.Des from a recognized university|
|Ph.D||Engineering, Law, Design, Media & Liberal Arts, Education, Management||Master’s degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks + obtained valid score in GATE/UGC/CSIR/DBT/INSPIRE Fellowship Examination for Sciences/Humanities and Social Sciences disciplines|
Also, Check Mahindra University Courses and Fees
Mahindra University Admission
Candidates seeking admission to Mahindra University can follow a few simple steps to apply. These steps are as mentioned below:
- Register at the official admission website and enter the required details including a contact number and Email ID.
- After submitting, a verification link EMail would be sent to the candidate’s registered email ID.
- Click on the link and create a password.
- Once the password is created, log in with the contact number/ Email ID and password to start filling the application form.
- Enter the personal, academic details as inquired.
- Upload the scanned passport-sized photograph.
- Pay the application fee.
- After successful payment of fee/uploading of fee payment details, submit the completed form and print the Acknowledgement copy for future reference.
Mahindra University Scholarship
Mahindra University offers Merit Scholarships every year to deserving students.
- 48 Scholarships are equally distributed for the 4 branches, namely 12 per branch, of which 11 are based on the JEE score and 1 is based on the SAT score (if no SAT person applies for a Scholarship, all would be allocated based on JEE score).
- The scholarship amount is INR 1,00,000 per-student-per-year.
- Top 12 rankers in each branch will be entitled to the scholarship year on year when they are promoted to the next year.
- No backlog and Non-involvement in any untoward activity in the hostel/college premises are necessary pre-requisites for eligibility.
- 20 scholarships will be earmarked for Girl Students on merit basis in addition to the above scholarships. The scholarship will be continued if the Girl Student scores CGPA of 7 and above in the 4 year B.Tech Programme.
- The Institute will also offer from 2019-20, 5 scholarships amounting to INR 1,00,000 each to the top 5 students admitted to the B.TECH Programme - (across the branches) only if the student is from North Eastern Region on submission of valid documents. The said scholarship would be continued if and only if the student scores more than or equal to 7 CGPA without backlogs each year in the four year B.Tech Programme.
Mahindra University Placement
Mahindra University has a dedicated placement cell that is always actively working to provide proper professional training as well as placement opportunities to students. The 2nd batch 2015 -19 has begun the campus recruitment with an excellent start, attracting a wide range of recruiters - both Indian and International, across various industry verticals. More than 40 recruiters have conducted campus, off-campus and internship processes, and selected almost 100% of the interested and eligible students.
- Some of the reputed recruiters are Line Inc., Oisix Systems, Tecnos, Cisco, Capgemini, ZS Associates, Mahindra & Mahindra, TechnipFMC, K Raheja Corp, Intel, Mu Sigma, Jocata, ADP, PhenomPeople, Cognizant, Kasura, Cyient, Byjus, Tech Mahindra, Satyam-Venture, etc.
- The average CTC has been in the range of INR 7.5 LPA and the highest being INR 45 LPA
Mahindra University Faculty
Mahindra University has a very strong and diverse faculty of highly qualified and accomplished individuals across different departments and disciplines. The academic hierarchy at MU comprises the Director, Deans, and faculty. The Institution is a second home to international faculty who work at the frontiers of academic inquiry and follow the developments of the real world to educate students to become experts in their disciplines.
The full-time Ph.D. faculty members hold the highest degree and experience in their fields. The members include recognized academicians mostly from IITs, with international exposure or overseas work experience; most of them having been themselves educated abroad, in various international universities. Additionally, there is a steady stream of international visiting faculty from CentraleSupélec and sister institutions, including faculty who teach the French language on campus. At Mahindra University, an unparalleled synergy between two leaders – one in global Industry and the other in global Engineering education – rests at the very core of a unique effort that is slowly but surely realigning engineering education to what industry demands today.
All faculty members at the institute are highly cooperative towards students and always encourage effective education by introducing new and innovative methods of teaching and learning. The faculty members make sure that they are available to students for clarification and solving doubts even outside of the classroom.
Check: Mahindra University Faculty
Mahindra University Facilities
Mahindra University offers various facilities and amenities to students all across its campus. These include:
- Library: The institute has a well-stocked library with a collection of over 13,000 volumes on a wide variety of subjects.
- Labs: The institute features fully equipped and modern labs for all departments. These include computer labs, VLSI Labs, Machines and Power System Labs, Geology Lab, Transportations Engineering Labs, Robotics Labs, Mechanical Workshops and many more.
- Hostel: The institute currently has eight functional hostels. The mess serves a variety of cuisines and food is served four times a day - breakfast, lunch, evening snacks and dinner
- Extracurriculars: The recreational facilities on campus include Football, Basketball, Cricket, Lawn Tennis, Volleyball, Shuttle Badminton, Indoor Games and other Sports facilities
Check: Mahindra University Hostel
Mahindra University FAQs
Ques. How is Mahindra University?
Ans. Mahindra University is among the reputed private colleges of its kind. The institute offers best in class education, aided by its advanced infrastructure and qualified faculty. The institute also provides several placement opportunities to students via its placement cell.
Ques. How to apply for admission to Mahindra University?
Ans. Candidates will first have to register themselves to the college on the official website of the institute. Here they are required to follow the required steps and complete the application procedure.
Ques. Are there scholarships available for students?
Ans. Yes, the institute offers several types of scholarships to students, 48 in total. The scholarship amount is INR 1,00,000 per-student-per-year. Top 12 rankers in each branch will be entitled to the scholarship