Gujarat University Of Transplantation Sciences, established in 2015 under the State University Act. It is the first university for Transplantation and Allied Sciences in the whole world. The college offers postgraduate and fellowship programs in Liver and Kidney Transplantation Sciences. Among its various courses, the most opted course by the students is MSc Nursing (Nephro-Urology).
Gujarat University of Transplantation Sciences (GUTS) Highlights
|Set by||Gujarat Government|
|Entrance Exam||Common Entrance Exam (CET)|
|Popular course(s)||M.Sc Nursing (Nephro-Urology)|
|Courses||Masters & Postgraduate|
According to the Act, the primary aim of the university is to provide courses and training in Transplantation and allied courses. GUTS offers various Masters and postgraduate programs. Given below is a tabulated form of courses with their duration, seats, eligibility, and Fees.
|MSc Nursing (Nephro-Urology)||2 Years||10||B.Sc Nursing with min 55% marks.||39,000|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Dialysis Technology||1 Year||20||12th science passed with B.Sc||15,000|
|PG Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology||1 Year||10||B.Sc in Microbiology, Biochemistry or Chemistry||21,000|
|Fellowship in Abdominal Organ Transplantation||3 years||2||Post MD/DNB/MCh degree recognized by MCI in General Surgery or Surgical Gastroenterology.||50,000|
Some Medical Courses are proposed by the board which university may provide in the near future. Following is the list for the same :
- DM (Organ Transplant Anesthesia and Critical Care).
- DM (Nephrology).
- MCh (Urology).
- DM (Reproductive Medicine).
- DM (Renal and Transplant Pathology).
- MCh (Abdominal organ Transplantation).
- Fellowship in Clinical Nephrology.
- Fellowship in Dialysis Medicine.
To get a seat in MSc in Nursing (Nephro-Urology), a student has to take a common entrance exam and on the basis of the performance in the exam, students will be selected. The exam is conducted by the university and is called the Common Entrance Test (CET).
For other courses, Admission is merit and Interview based.
Step 1. Check the University website for any notification regarding admission.
Step 2. If no information regarding admission is found, call the concerned authorities at the given phone number on the website.
Step 3. Visit the college for further information regarding admission.
With the help from Gujarat Govt. institute is able to expand its campus facilities. Transplantation and allied areas require proper equipment for its functioning which is made available to the students.
- The educational environment is also very stable in the institute with the total participation of the faculty in their respective departments.
- An approx of 250 acres of land was allocated to the university according to the act by the Gujarat government. Official stats are not revealed yet.
- The university has a library with over 5000 books on medicine and other fields. The library is open all working days.
- The university offers residential facilities for the student with neat and clean environment.
- The university has sports facilities with volleyball, football, basketball court for all over the development of the students.
Gujarat University of Transplantation Sciences has some of the most promising faculties with the ability to come up with some groundbreaking ideas in the field of transplantation and related fields.
- Gujarat University of Transplantation sciences is the first university in the whole world who is offering courses under transplantation and allied areas.
- University has seen substantial growth under the mentorship of Founder Prof H.L. Trivedi and Vice-Chancellor Dr. Aruna Vanikar. With the proper involvement of faculties and availability of proper resources for various processes of transplantation and dialysis, students are assured of gaining proper experience in the field they opt for.
Ques. What is the campus size of the Gujarat University of Transplantation Sciences?
Ans. An approx of 250 acres of land was allocated to the university according to the act by the Gujarat government. Official stats are not revealed yet.
Ques. From where does the Gujarat University of Transplantation Sciences get its Financial help?
Ans. GUTS is able to function with the financial aid from the Government of Gujarat.
Ques. How are the faculties in the Gujarat University of Transplantation Sciences?
Ans. Faculties of GUTS are all top-notch with each one of them actively involved with their students in departmental studies.
Ques. What are the future opportunities provided by the University?
Ans. With a growing demand for the Transplantation process and development of Proper Equipment required, people now are interested in this particular section of the study. In the near future students from the university will be in demand as the skill they possess is very much required by the coming generation.
Ques. What is the mission of the Gujarat University of Transplantation Sciences?
Ans. The mission of the University is to serve as an academic and research nucleus to these specialties to improve the clinical, scientific, and social aspects of Transplantation making it accessible and affordable to the population at large giving them healthy and productive lives.