Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankaradeva Viswavidyalay (MSSV), Assam is a private university established in 2014 under Assam Private Universities Act, 2007. It has two campuses in Nagaon and Guwahati respectively. The faculty of the college is highly experienced and well qualified with the student intake of 60 in each bachelor’s degree and 40 in each master’s degree program.
MSSV Assam Highlights
|Established||2014, Private Institute|
|Types of Programs||UG, PG, Doctoral|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline mode|
MSSV Assam Courses
MSSV disseminates various types of study programs for the exposure of college and students as well. Tabulated below are the courses offered by the University at different levels:
|B.A||Assamese, Economics, English, Philosophy, Sociology||3 years (6 Semesters)||10+2 passed from a recognized board|
|B.P.A||Bachelor of Performing Arts|
|M.A||Assamese, Economics, English, Philosophy, Sociology, Dance, Drama and Music, Law, Yogic Science, and Naturopathy, Social Work||2 years (4 Semesters)||Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field.|
|M.Phil||--||1 year||PG Degree in relevant field with a minimum of 50% marks|
- All applicants seeking admission to the M.Phil. program of the University [except foreign students) applying for admission must have cleared NET/SLET/ICAR/ICSSR/GATE tests or equivalents thereof as recognized by the University at the time of application. All other applicants must have cleared the MSSV Research Admission Test (MSSVRAT).
Exemption from Entrance Test for Ph.D. admissions:
- Candidates having passed the NET/SLET/JRF/SRF examinations conducted by the UGC, DST, ICAR or CSIR or nationally competent authorities, as per the UGC rules.
- Candidates with M.Phil. degree in the concerned subject from any recognized Indian University. Such candidates will have to appear before the interview board of the department concerned.
- Foreign students are exempted from the MSSVRAT.
Read More MSSV Assam Courses and Fees
MSSV Assam Admissions
Candidates need to apply in the prescribed form only for admission to the programs. The selection of candidates will be on merit basis as per the college admission test.
- Visit the official website of the college www.sankardeva.com or www.srimantsankardevasangha.org and download the application form.
- The candidates can also apply online through the college website. They can access through the ‘Admission 2020 – Apply now‘ banner on the homepage of the website.
- Fill the form along with the required details and submit it along with a photograph and signature.
- Pay the application form fees through Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Demand Draft.
- For offline admissions, obtain the form through the admission department in the college.
- Fill it duly with a photocopy of the required documents.
- Pay the application form fees and submit it.
MSSV Assam Facilities
Following are some of the facilities offered:
- Classrooms: Neat classrooms with comfortable seating have been arranged. All classrooms are fitted with eco-friendly boards. Smart Boards and LCD Projectors have been provided in some classrooms.
- Computer Laboratory & Internet: A well designed Computer Laboratory having the capacity for 25 students at a time has been established. The offices and departments have been networked with the Wi-Fi facility.
- Library: The University has a collection of thousands of books, journals, magazines, and newspapers. Students can borrow books from the library. The library is kept open from 09.00 AM to 06.30 P.M. on weekdays. Before one month of the End-sem examinations, the Library is kept open on Saturdays too.
- E-Library: A separate e-library with a seating capacity of 14 persons at a time has been organized with all accessories. Membership of the National Digital Library (NDL) has been obtained, wherein the users are facilitated with the access of at least 80 lakh e-resources.
- Auditorium: A well-equipped sophisticated auditorium having the capacity of about 300 persons have been recently constructed. National Level Seminar, State Level Debating Competition and cultural program sponsored by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) have already been organized in the Auditorium.
- Common Room: Provisions have been made for Boys' Common Room and Girls' Common Room separately so that they can take rest in leisure time. Few items of indoor games have been arranged in the Common Rooms. Apart from that, separate toilets have also been arranged for boys and girls.
- Sports & Games: As the University in its present campus has no sufficient space for arranging sports and games, permission from the Nagaon District, Sports Association has been permitted to use the Indoor Stadium.
MSSV Assam Faculty
The faculty at MSSV is par excellence and well qualified. Each of the professors holds the doctoral degree in their respective subjects and the rest of the faculty is postgraduates with relevant experience in their subjects of teaching. The vice-chancellor at present is Prof. K.K.Deka Sir.
MSSV Assam FAQs
Ques. Are 12th pass students eligible to take admission in MSSV?
Ans. Yes, 12th pass students are eligible to take admission in Undergraduate programs.
Ques. How can we take admission in MSSV University?
Ans. You can download the application form from the University website and submit it online or offline, visit the website and download brochures for better understanding.
Ques. How about the eligibility for admission to the MSSV University?
Ans. It varies from course to course, depend upon the study program you choose.
Ques. What are the courses offered by the MSSV University?
Ans. The study programs are ranging from Undergraduate Degree, Ph.D., M.Phil., Master Degree, and Post Graduate. Visit the University website for the course brochure.
Ques. Is this college UGC approved?
Ans. Yes, this University is accredited by UGC, State Govt. of Assam.