University of Alabama 2021-2022 Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
The University of Alabama at Birmingham offers world class undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of disciplines. It is one of the top universities in USA for internationl students. The University has a total of 22,080 students enrolled in 2019, out of which 20,970 were US citizens and the rest 1,110 were international students.
In the Fall intake of 2019, a total of 8,298 students applied for University of Alabama at Birmingham undergraduate admissions. Out of the total applications received, 6,140 were given a place. Their average rate of acceptance in UAB is around 74%.
- The University of Alabama offers Undergraduate and Graduate programs in 55 majors and 86 minors and also Doctoral programs. UAB also offers more than 170 study abroad programs in all 7 continents.
- University of Alabama at Birmingham opens applications for Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
- The admission in University of Alabama at Birmingham is selective at some level.
- Every student applying in UAB is considered on an individual basis by using a holistic approach.
- UAB also provides scholarships for international students in USA worth 7,500 USD per year.
- Scholarship is offered to the international students applying for undergraduate courses.
- Students having 3.0 GPA in high school with F-1 visa will be considered for scholarship with first come first serve basis.
- Scholarship is offered to those students who are accepted in June, August or January intake.
- Official transcripts should directly send to University of Alabama
- Due to the prevailing pandemic, applications will still be sent to the department for review once all application materials (transcripts, letters of recommendation, test scores, etc.) have been received.
- The Graduate School will work with each program, and the College will ensure that students complete their experiments and continue to receive funding.
|Application Fee||Undergraduate: 40 USD
Graduate: 60 USD
|Average ACT score||25.6|
|Average High School GPA||3.83|
|Mode of Payment||Master-Card/ American Express/Discover/visa|
|Intake Seasons||Fall, Spring and Summer|
|Work Experience||For some Graduate courses|
|Financial Aid||Scholarship, Grants and Loans|
University of Alabama at Birmingham Admission Deadlines
Students are advised to submit their applications prior to the deadlines for them to be considered for admission.
Students submitting the late application will be considered on the basis of space available.
International Undergraduate Deadlines
|Term/Session||Deadline for Priority Consideration|
|Fall||1st June 2021|
|Spring||1st November 2020 (Extended to 1st December)|
|Summer||15th March 2021|
International Graduate Deadline
|Term/Session||Degree Seeking Applicants||Non-Degree Seeking & Re-admission Applicants|
|Spring||1st December 2020||1st January 2021|
|Summer||1st May 2021||21st June 2021|
|Fall||1st August 2021||17th August 2021|
Deadlines for Scholarship
|August||1st May 2021|
University of Alabama at Birmingham International Student Admissions
International students should go through the eligibility requirement as required by the University of Alabama at Birmingham and also the federal laws of the United States. The Students should have completed their high school or undergraduate degree with a minimum grade point as required by the course they are willing to apply.
Application Portal: UAB Online Portal
Application Fee: Undergraduate: 40 USD Graduate: 60 USD
Admission Requirements: International applicants must satisfy the following requirements for fulfill their eligibility criteria:
- Application Form
- Academic record of school/college.
- Official Transcript Translations and Credential Evaluation, should be evaluated by an authorized agency.
- English Proficiency Test
- Financial Support
- Copy of Passport
- I-94 Visa
Test Score of English Proficiency for International Students
International students are required to present scores of exams to study in USA to exhibit their English proficiency skills. The minimum required scores by the university are:
Visa Process for International Students
All international applicants must have to apply for a US student visa to study in the USA just after application. All the approved applications will be issued the I-20 Form. The form can be obtained via FedEx, once the admissions process is completed.
All the applicants have to come back to submit certain documents required while applying for a visa.
- Copy of passport
- Health insurance/verification form
- I-94 form
- Current address and mobile number
- Original I-20
- Receipt of fee payment
After the submission of documents and fee payment applicants can schedule an interview with nearest US embassy
University of Alabama at Birmingham Admission of Undergraduate
Undergraduate programs offered by UAB include Accounting, Anthropology, Arts, Bioinformatics, Biology, Engineering, Chemistry, Communication, Computer Science, Economics, History, Human Resource Management, Immunology, International Studies, Management, Marketing, Nursing, Neuroscience. The University also offer six Joint School of Medicine Programs in Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Cancer Biology, Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Immunology and Neuroscience
Where to Apply: Online portal
Application Fee: 40 USD
Applicants must submit the following documents at the time of admission:
- Academic record of High School with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or more
- Every School and College transcripts for transfer
- English Proficiency Test Score
- Recommendation letter (by Counselor).
- Financial Certificate
- ACT/SAT Score (optional)
All applicants have to mail all documents such as Current address and phone number, copy of proof of immigration status and credentials to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1720 2nd Ave S
Birmingham AL 35294-2936
University of Alabama Graduate Admissions
University graduate school provides more than 85 programs that help students to build up their skills and lead to good career opportunities. The most popular graduate courses at University of Albama are Business, Marketing, management, Biological and biomedical, and engineering. The average students' satisfaction rate is 82%.
Application portal – Official website of the university
Application fee - 50 USD
Requirements – All applicants for graduate courses must have to fulfill certain requirements:
- Students are required to submit official standardized test scores if required by their program for admission consideration.
- Applicants should contact the testing agency to have official scores sent to the UAB Graduate School's institution code (1856 for GRE, 1017 for MAT, 1CB5S61 for GMAT).
- Admission to the UAB Graduate School requires a recognized baccalaureate, graduate, or professional degree from a regionally accredited (e.g. SACS) college or university, or an international equivalent of a four-year degree.
- Students have to submit their official transcripts.
Given below is the Graduate table of programs offered at the University of Alabama at Birmingham:
|Application fee (USD)||50||50||50||50|
|Work experience/resume||Required||Not required||Required||Required|
All graduate students are required to send transcripts Electronically or Mail to UAB Graduate Schools
The University of Alabama offers mostly online courses. University offers more than 140 programs in 12 acedmic fields. The admission process of university looks quite difficult but if you meet all the requirements it’s not that tough. In fact, the acceptance rate of the University of Alabama is 92%.
Upon acceptance, international students need to apply for an I-20 form. The I-20 form will be sent to them via FedEx
Frequently Ask Questions
Ques. What is the minimum GPA required for Admission in University of Alabama at Birmingham?
Ans.The University requires minimum of 3.0 GPA in high School for admission in Undergraduate program and a minimum GPA of 3.4 or in bachelor's degree for admission in Graduate program
Ques. Course offered at University of Alabama at Birmingham?
Ans. The University of Alabama at Birmingham offers undergraduate programs in areas of study like Accounting, Arts, Anthropology, Biology, Engineering, Chemistry, Communication studies, Community Health and Human Resources, Computer Science and Criminal Justice etc.
UAB offers graduate courses in Anatomical Sciences, Applied Mathematics, Art History, Biochemistry & Structural Biology and Business Administration etc.
Doctoral programs are offered in Administration/Health Services, Applied Mathematics, Biochemistry & Structural Biology, Biology, Cancer Biology, Molecular, and Developmental Biology, Chemistry, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Dentistry etc. UAB also offers 6 Joint School of Medicine Programs and 4 Pre-professional Programs.
Ques. Is University of Alabama at Birmingham worth?
Ans. It is worth taking admission in University of Alabama as it is one best university for international students which provides high quality academic programs with various benefits like scholarships and placements.
Ques. What are the most popular courses at University of Alabama at Birmingham?
Ans. The most popular course offered by University of Alabama at Birmingham are Public Health, Biology, International Studies, Neuroscience, English, Foreign Languages, Marketing, Psychology, Management and Kinesiology
Ques. Is it difficult to take admission in University of Alabama at Birmingham?
Ans. It is not so difficult to take admission in UAB, as their acceptance rate is 74%. Although, the university requires a high GPA score of 3.0 in High school and 3.4 in bachelors for admission in undergraduate and graduate programs respectively. The students who fulfill all the eligibility criteria with High GPA score are more likely to be selected with the rolling admission process.
Ques. Is UAB a good medical school?
Ans. The UAB School of Medicine ranks among the best medical schools in USA, according to the 2019 U.S. News and World Report's “Best Graduate Schools Rankings.” It ranked No. 37 in medical primary care, No. 32 in medical research, and No. 15 in obstetrics and gynecology.